PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Forum IRC Channel #Gamers-Forum

LiNuX
08-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Today I have officially Opened the Gamers Forum irc channel named #Gamers-Forum.

You can join it anytime and Idle. All current members get 100 access also known as Peon - you get a '+' next to your name and you are seen as special :D

All staff gets an OP Status or '@' next to the name, they have admin access to the channel.

Here is a brief on how you connect and where you go:

visit www.mirc.com and Download the latest mIRC software.
Install and Run the software.
when window opens, at the bottom Typing Spot, type in /server irc.gamesurge.net
it can take a while but wait for it to connect.
then Join our channel with the command /j #gamers-forum
thats it to it, you can idle there and ask other questions if you have and we'll be to help you out.

I tried to get some specialty bots but i cannot until there are 10 people idling the channel :mask:

If you have trouble connected, don't hesitate to ask here, we'll be happy to help you out.

Thank you!

souljaa
08-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Looking great Linux :). Joined and it's looking good right now, never really learned how to use mIRC though, but I'm getting a hang of it lol :D.

lonewolfxix
08-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Sweet, I'm looking at fixing my PC soon, may happen next month, just need to build this one PC and I get loads of money from it to build mine :D Well, not loads, but quite a lot ;)

LiNuX
08-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Sweet, I'm looking at fixing my PC soon, may happen next month, just need to build this one PC and I get loads of money from it to build mine :D Well, not loads, but quite a lot ;)

im trying to get some bots in there, need more people to idle, got 4 now, 3 members only, im lookin around there for some game server or vent sponsorships now, lets see what we can do

p.s. The Tag for Gamers Forum members is [GF] - all staff should wear it even though its not mandatory and OP will be given out. All non-staff members to wear [GF] Tag will get 199 access, 1 away from op :D

FattaT
08-23-2007, 02:37 AM
looking good... but ewww @ the topic colours =P

Thor Erik
08-23-2007, 06:54 AM
If you ever need a eggdrop host, check here:
http://www.egghelp.org/shellhtml/12345-a-012-123.htm :P

cwbolton
08-23-2007, 09:35 AM
id sign up but i cant sorry

LiNuX
08-23-2007, 11:18 AM
looking good... but ewww @ the topic colours =P

lol i had to settle with something, i was partly sick yesterday and i was having major internet problems, kept pinging out

If you ever need a eggdrop host, check here:
http://www.egghelp.org/shellhtml/12345-a-012-123.htm :P

what does these do anyway? i've heard of them, never thought of using tho

id sign up but i cant sorry

http://www.download.com/Trillian/3000-2150-10047473.html - download that and see if u can use irc that way lol :D

Thor Erik
08-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Eggdrop is a TCL script language for making irc bots, Chanserv, Authserv and prity much ALL bots are made in Eggdrop =P

diablo
09-04-2007, 07:05 PM
i have a bad computer, i'll see if i can download mirc on there, i used it before when u had ur clan lol, forced me to idle :P but i had more time back then

keep it up gamers forum, doing great!!

GF Eric
10-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Darn I got a Mac and its for PCs. This sucks. :mad1:

Jasperking
10-03-2007, 08:21 PM
kewl i didnt know there was an IRC channel since i started posting in september. If its stil up i may try it.

Also Eric i didnt know you were on a Mac lol

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
yea its still up, we used to have a few people from gf on there but now its just me and arcade (another member that rarely posts) lol

and i just saw u on there jasper lol :D

and i didnt know u were on a mac eric lol, new news to me

GF Eric
10-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Ya I am on a Mac. I am on AIM on my cell phone and I am on Myspace on my PSP. :twitcy: Wait PSP is PC based so let me see if it works on there.

Blackbird
10-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm using Quakenet server :(

LiNuX
10-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm using Quakenet server :(

open up another IRC window and connect to game surge lol, its not illegal to do that, but if you have too many open in the same network, you are in trouble :D

we have 6 users on there now, two of them are me :D

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Darn I got a Mac and its for PCs. This sucks. :mad1:

You could always install a windows partition on the mac :p.. well it kinda depends if u got an intel mac

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 11:39 AM
well guys we finally got a bot in there, its called clanbots - and it is the most stable bot i found so far in that network that works - also if you play CS there is a steamidbot in there where you can search steamid of a certain player to check if his skills are legit or if he's cheating

Here are the clanbot commands so far:
.staff
.website
.rules
.servers
.sponsors
.steamidbot
.google
.weather
.hello

you must put the Dot in front of them and those commands will tell you what to do and give you more info. Jasper has helped me look over that so its pretty cool. We have now 13 people in there and only 2 of them are from this forum lol. So get on there guys!

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Lol finally got a bot in there all this time :). Working really good too. That steam bot looks kewl lol i didnt know you could check if someone was cheating with it :p

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
well it shows if they are banned from steam or vac and shows if they are in CAL - if it says CAL then you can probably guess the skills are real, if not, then be suspicious - i used to use it when i had a server for my clan, banned hackers through that

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 11:49 AM
lol thats good since there are usually alot of hackers in CS so we can use this to keep them off your server XD. Well unless we have a hack day for staff or something lol

LiNuX
10-06-2007, 11:51 AM
lol, there is a program called steamidbans for steam, i may have that installed just to keep predetermined hackers out and just addon to the list the new hackers that come in

staff doesn't need hacks, they have skills and the power :D

GF Eric
10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah I am finally on. Thanks for the help Linux. :spinny:

LiNuX
10-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Yeah I am finally on. Thanks for the help Linux. :spinny:

lol np :)

if anyone else has a Macintosh computer and need help getting on, feel free to PM me, i'll give you more details

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Why can you guys not have the IRC channel on Quakenet? I have it there becuase of my bnc xD

LiNuX
11-22-2007, 11:17 AM
u can open another irc server u know lol, and im used to gamesurge and i know a lot of good clans on there so i was sticking with that

Blackbird
11-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Well, maybe there in your states xD