PDA

View Full Version : mIRC Commands

souljaa
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey guys, anyways, I know I'm not really good at mIRC, so here's a few commands to help you out, that I found surfing the net.

/ Recalls the previous line entered in the current window.
/! Recalls the last command typed in any window.
/action {action text} Sends the specifed action to the active channel or query window.
/ame {action text} Sends the specifed action to all channels which you are currently on.
/amsg {text} Sends the specifed message to all channels which you are currently on.
/auser {level} {nick|address} Adds a user with the specified access level to the remote users list.
/auto [on|off|nickname|address] Toggles auto-opping of a nick or address or sets it on or off totally.
/away {away message} Sets you away leave a message explaining that you are not currently paying attention to IRC.
/away A plain away sets you being back.

There's was way to many to copy paste them here, so here you can find the full list of commands.
Click Here For All The Commands (http://www.mirc.com/cmds.html) (Scroll to the bottom)

And here's a beginner's guide.
Click Here (http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/ircc-commands.html)

Anyways, it kind of helped me out, so be sure to check it out 'cause it can answer some of your questions as well :).
Thanks!
Souljaa

LiNuX
08-23-2007, 02:52 PM
lol good post :-) +rep given

i'll add a few basic ones

to connect to a server use this:

/server (server name here) - e.g. /server irc.gamesurge.net

to join a channel use this:

/j #channel name - e.g. /j #gamers-forum

to private message someone, you can always double click their username on the list or use this:

/msg (username) (msg) - e.g. /msg [GF] LiNuX hello how are you?

basics :D

Thor Erik
08-23-2007, 04:53 PM
CTRL+C you can write color codes :P

LiNuX
08-23-2007, 06:04 PM
CTRL+C you can write color codes :P

in irc? what do u mean write color codes lol, i change using ctrl+K not C

ctrl+c means copy :-P even though u dont need this feature in irc, it still means that