PDA

View Full Version : Warped Tour 2011

EpsilonX
12-15-2010, 07:59 PM
So, they started announcing bands for warped 2011. I'll post 'em here as they get announced. I'm gonna bold the bands I want to try and see see, and put in italics the ones i'll see if there's noone better playing at that time.

So far:
Dance Gavin Dance
Every Avenue
Grieves with Budo
We Came as Romans
Woe, Is Me
The Word Alive
The Dangerous Summer
Go Radio
Miss May I
Winds of Plague
The Wonder Years
Big D and the Kids Table
Enter Shikari
Family Force 5
Lucero
Of Mice & Men
The Aggrolites
The Exposed
The Ready Set
Sharks
Simple Plan
Foxy Shazam
The Dance Party
Abandon All Ships
Set Your Goals
MC Lars
I Set My Friends on Fire

Vans Warped Tour 2011 » Bands (http://www.vanswarpedtour.com/bands)

Thoughts?

Samus-Fan
12-15-2010, 08:55 PM
We Came As Romans...
Only good one up there.
Like I told you when you showed me before Lol

I wish Yellowcard would go.
They seem like a Warped Tour band imo.

EpsilonX
12-15-2010, 09:23 PM
man dance gavin dance are so good, but their screaming style takes getting used to.

this week's announcement sucked though. miss may i and winds of plague? ftl

Samus-Fan
12-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Yea that wasn't much of an announcement lol.
I remember reading about Warped Tour having good bands...
Past couple years I've been disappointed on who they have going to it.

EpsilonX
12-15-2010, 11:09 PM
well, they announced the first 5 bands last week, 5 more today, and the next 5 are comin after the holidays. i think they're doin it weekly after that, until the mainstage bands at the end of january.

i liked 05's lineup. i think it was 05 it was like avenged sevenfold, coheed and cambria, my chemical romance. might have been 04

Jokersvirus
12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Never heard of any of those bands.

xtinarulezd00d
12-15-2010, 11:18 PM
WCAR!!
so far i know i wanna go for the fourth year in a row :p
and winds of plague? heckkkkk yeaaaah

EpsilonX
12-15-2010, 11:37 PM
winds of plague are so bleh.. =\

i like dance gavin dance on that but i hope they announce some more bands. I'm really hopin we get some human abstract, maybe some other good bands. Norma Jean and All that Remains would also be nice

Muffincat
12-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm really hopin we get some human abstract, maybe some other good bands.

The Human Abstract, really? They opened for Dir en grey at a concert I went to, and I wasn't impressed at all. Haven't bothered to listen to any of their cds, but they weren't that great at the show I went to.

And yeah, I don't know any of those bands, but the kinds of bands that play at the Warped Tour aren't usually my "thing." :P

I hope some bands you want to see go for you guys, though :P

EpsilonX
12-16-2010, 02:53 PM
oh man i love the human abstract lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF5b5oE6Mtg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aofPANC32g

or their new stuff, which is a bit different but still enjoyable
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29wl7QeUXqg

did you see them in 09 or something? cuz their second album kinda sucks

Muffincat
12-16-2010, 02:58 PM
It was 2008

Just not my thing, I guess :P Just found them kinda boring

EpsilonX
12-16-2010, 03:07 PM
yeah, that was right after midheaven came out (august 2008) and midheaven is very boring.

nocturne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1sGHrSdYGg

midheaven:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHpI6Vg6qYk&feature=related

xtinarulezd00d
12-16-2010, 11:55 PM
I highly doubt Norma Jean will be there. Saw them warped 08 it was great but sure they won't be there anymore or for a while.
And the human abstract? I like them but I doubt they'd ever be on warped. Especially this year. It send there getting harder bands each year.
Last year they had whitechapel, emmure, etc.
The warped tours not some punk thing anymore yo but I have no problem with that I LOVE hard music so to me it just keeps getting better!
Except 09, chiodos, my favorite band until Craig was kicked out, played, that was the best warped ever for that very reason!

LemonRising
12-17-2010, 10:14 AM
Nothing to get excited about D;
warped hasn't been my thing for awhile. >:

EpsilonX
12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
I highly doubt Norma Jean will be there. Saw them warped 08 it was great but sure they won't be there anymore or for a while.
And the human abstract? I like them but I doubt they'd ever be on warped. Especially this year. It send there getting harder bands each year.
Last year they had whitechapel, emmure, etc.
The warped tours not some punk thing anymore yo but I have no problem with that I LOVE hard music so to me it just keeps getting better!
Except 09, chiodos, my favorite band until Craig was kicked out, played, that was the best warped ever for that very reason!

human abstract played warped 08, i don't see why they wouldn't do it again, especially since dillinger escape plan does warped all the time. Why wouldn't Norma Jean do it again? Is this just a hunch or do you have some solid reason? And the bands are getting harder, but its still like asking alexandria and emmure and other crappy genericore bands. I want some good punk and post-hardcore bands, not this silly scene kid stuff that all sounds the same

Jayhmmz
12-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Never heard of any of those bands.

Snap. I was expecting at least one band that were really out there. I have a massive span of music interest, but nope, not heard of any of those! :confused1:

EpsilonX
12-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Snap. I was expecting at least one band that were really out there. I have a massive span of music interest, but nope, not heard of any of those! :confused1:

usually, it's electropop, pop rock, punk, and various forms of hardcore. sometimes there's rap and people with acoustics too

xtinarulezd00d
12-20-2010, 10:19 PM
human abstract played warped 08, i don't see why they wouldn't do it again, especially since dillinger escape plan does warped all the time. Why wouldn't Norma Jean do it again? Is this just a hunch or do you have some solid reason? And the bands are getting harder, but its still like asking alexandria and emmure and other crappy genericore bands. I want some good punk and post-hardcore bands, not this silly scene kid stuff that all sounds the same

IDK, I just see all these different bands and how much Warped is changing. they keep a coule of bands that have always played on Warped, and Dillinger....great every time. It would be awesome to see Norma Jean on the list again though!

EpsilonX
12-20-2010, 10:23 PM
IDK, I just see all these different bands and how much Warped is changing. they keep a coule of bands that have always played on Warped, and Dillinger....great every time. It would be awesome to see Norma Jean on the list again though!

Well, I really want to see Human Abstract and Norma Jean...and I also wanna see warped this year...so i'm hopin they're both on it this year for convenience sake. But I hate the direction warped is taking.

xtinarulezd00d
12-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Well, I really want to see Human Abstract and Norma Jean...and I also wanna see warped this year...so i'm hopin they're both on it this year for convenience sake. But I hate the direction warped is taking.

It's because a new guy is running it, right? I swear that's what i hear before last years warped.
And we all know Warped is quickly becoming engulfed by scene kids. haha
I hate going there and seeing them all,
last year i saw girls with too much makeup, hair down, and.....furry boots.....?
most of the bands on warped are bringing those people in. ahhh...sucks.

EpsilonX
12-20-2010, 10:38 PM
It's because a new guy is running it, right? I swear that's what i hear before last years warped.
And we all know Warped is quickly becoming engulfed by scene kids. haha
I hate going there and seeing them all,
last year i saw girls with too much makeup, hair down, and.....furry boots.....?
most of the bands on warped are bringing those people in. ahhh...sucks.

It's an endless cycle of violence. A bunch of scene kids go to see some scene affiliated bands, so they get more scene bands because they bring in crowds, and then the crowds become bigger, thus more scene kid bands. etc.

xtinarulezd00d
12-20-2010, 10:58 PM
It's an endless cycle of violence. A bunch of scene kids go to see some scene affiliated bands, so they get more scene bands because they bring in crowds, and then the crowds become bigger, thus more scene kid bands. etc.

sooo great, thats the only thing I don't like seeing at Warped Tour.
Like that band the millionaires or whatever....omg....they shouldn't even be seen on warped tour, they made me want to shoot myself. haha

insert_cliche_here
12-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Let me be the first to say *blows raspberry*

EpsilonX
01-05-2011, 04:35 PM
5 more bands added today

Big D and the Kids Table
Enter Shikari
Family Force 5
Lucero
Of Mice & Men

EpsilonX
01-12-2011, 11:18 AM
And another 5 bands added

The Aggrolites
The Exposed
The Ready Set
Sharks
Simple Plan

I don't really know any of those bands but i might have to see simple plan just for old time's sake.

LemonRising
01-12-2011, 12:18 PM
SIMPLE PLAN? LOLLLLLLLL yeah no
no interest in the warped tour at all.

Jayhmmz
01-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Simple Plan!? Actual effing LULZ!

EpsilonX
01-12-2011, 04:47 PM
SIMPLE PLAN? LOLLLLLLLL yeah no
no interest in the warped tour at all.

No you don't know what its like
when nothin feels alright
no you don't know what its like
to be like me

To be hurt
to feel lost
to be left out in the dust
to be kicked
when you're down
and feel like you've been pushed around

no you don't know what it's like
welcome to my life

EpsilonX
01-20-2011, 10:29 PM
Just added yesterday:

Foxy Shazam
The Dance Party
Abandon All Ships
Set Your Goals
MC Lars
I Set My Friends on Fire

meh...I'll see Foxy Shazam cuz my friend told me about them, they were a local band that she saw a lot, and maybe abandon all ships.

Jaykub
01-21-2011, 01:45 AM
Going to be one of the worst warped tours ever D:

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 06:42 AM
It just sounds like a big group of unknowns mixed with the unfortunately knowns :(
I am disappoint.

EpsilonX
02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Added last week: Blacklist Royals, Unwritten Law, Hellogoodbye, Lionize, Yelawolf

Added this week: Middle Class Rut, Peelanderz, Relient K, River City Extension, Stephen Jerzak, There for Tomorrow, The Acacia Strain

a big pile of meh.

LemonRising
02-02-2011, 11:35 AM
yupppppppppp
lametour hahaha