PDA

View Full Version : The Sony/Activision Scam?

Kleeborp
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
OK so I bought my brother Band Hero for his birthday today because he really wanted rock band but we cant find it anywhere so i figured its the next best thing. He owns a ps2 and a wii and the version i found was for ps2.... or at least thats what I thought. I didnt notice the small print under the logo that read "ntsc u/c". So apparently when the 90000 series was realeased, (the slim silver ps2 console) they upraged the system to allow NTSC compatability. What this means to the average consumer is that any early ps2 models will not play the newer NTSC u/c games. After much careful reasearch about this compatability issue I found a letter that explains the situation from the perspective of a distraught parent. It appears that both Sony and Activision are aware of this common compatability issue and are profiting from panicked parents having to purchase new systems because they didnt realize they had purchased a game for a newer verion. I dont know how companies this large can get away with screwing consumers in this way. Thankfully the retailer where I purchased the Band Hero kit is giving me a full refund on the product but I can't help but wonder how many kids will wake up christmas morning to find out that the best present they got doesnt even work.

Shixx
12-18-2010, 05:14 PM
It's all about profit and all that good stuff they don't care, they see it as a way to force us to upgrade.

P.S Welcome to the Forum!