PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops

TinyGlassKnives
12-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Is Black Ops worth the money that im gonna pony up at Gamestop?

Call of Duty: Black Ops Uncut Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtRnpC7ddv8)

What do you guys think?

Jayhmmz
12-23-2010, 02:02 PM
I would say if you're a casual gamer, and a general fan of CoD, then yes. But don't expect it to reinvent the wheel, it aint that spectacular, it's just 'good'.

EpsilonX
12-23-2010, 02:32 PM
Why is this in gf lounge? o.o we have a call of duty section lol

W1CKEDTW1STED
12-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I would say if you're a casual gamer, and a general fan of CoD, then yes. But don't expect it to reinvent the wheel, it aint that spectacular, it's just 'good'.

+1. Don't get me wrong. It's a great game but for some reason I still love MW2.

Jayhmmz
12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Indeed. Personally, I don't think CoD has brought out a good game since CoD4 and WaW, depends which one you liked really! I loved both. Even though I pre-ordered MW2 and had it for the whole year, I've still played Black Ops more than I have MW2.

W1CKEDTW1STED
12-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Indeed. Personally, I don't think CoD has brought out a good game since CoD4 and WaW, depends which one you liked really! I loved both. Even though I pre-ordered MW2 and had it for the whole year, I've still played Black Ops more than I have MW2.

Same here. I only play Black Ops with hopes I will love it the same way I love MW2.... But hasn't happened yet. *shrug*

Jayhmmz
12-23-2010, 05:23 PM
I can't even remember any of the maps from MW2 :/ I really didn't like it all that much, didn't grab me.

TinyGlassKnives
12-23-2010, 05:55 PM
ahh, i c... i'm prolly gonna stick with MW2 then :\

EpsilonX
12-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I played Black Ops zombie mode, cuz thats all I was excited for about it...Maybe i'll just get World at War cuz zombies is all i would ever wanna play, and I prefered that zombie mode.

Jayhmmz
12-23-2010, 06:35 PM
World at War is such a win game I think. I really enjoyed it, general online and zombie mode. I love World War II games so it was extra win for me :)

Ilyich Valken
12-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Same here. I only play Black Ops with hopes I will love it the same way I love MW2.... But hasn't happened yet. *shrug*

It probably will. I don't like the maps as much as MW2, but they're a bit more balanced. Plus, Treyarch usually listens to the community and gets **** put out quickly if something goes wrong.

World at War is such a win game I think. I really enjoyed it, general online and zombie mode. I love World War II games so it was extra win for me :)

I personally didn't care for WaW as much. Zombies only held me for so long, and the weapons basically boiled down to everyone using the MP40 or some other automatic weapon, and the snipers. As such, the online was lackluster for me. It got boring fast (after about 3 prestiges. 4 is the game I've gotten the farthest in prestige wise,) the maps weren't memorable for me, and the tanks/dogs didn't help much.

BeanieOnMyHead
01-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Well if you enjoy MultiplayerFirstPersonShooters,
enjoyed the previous the games of Cod,
enjoy New:
-Skins
-attachments
-camo
-guns
- and everything else added like Customizable:
Contracts
and etc.
and is used to frivolously spending money on cool games (like i'm sure the good fraction of us)
this game is for you.
Plus it's a fun game ;)

Aizen
01-01-2011, 03:15 AM
Blackops was alright. In my opinion, it was not as good as MW2, but it did brings some new aspects to the game such as Gun Game and other game modes.

Like I said, it was not a bad game, just not mind blowing.

Raoul
01-13-2011, 02:22 AM
This game is really cool and the weapons are also awesome and the level of detail is awesome I really like this games graphics.

Epic.girl
01-14-2011, 06:02 AM
i love black ops mw2 it stll cool but gosh i cant play it anymor eto much noobtobers and campers.... so i hugz black ops!

Jayhmmz
01-14-2011, 08:09 AM
i love black ops mw2 it stll cool but gosh i cant play it anymor eto much noobtobers and campers.... so i hugz black ops!

Even though Black Ops is less annoying than MW2, you still get the tubers and campers :( They ruin Call of Duty.

Ilyich Valken
01-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Even though Black Ops is less annoying than MW2, you still get the tubers and campers :( They ruin Call of Duty.

Is slightly less pronounced (at least on the tubing end) but yeah.. they do.

gameboy99
01-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Uh..
Yeah I'd say so.
It isn't "Blow away your mind" damn fantastic, but it is pretty good, I will admit.
I'd go for it though.

Flab-Ender
01-15-2011, 04:30 PM
I feel like no matter the game, there is always gonna be some cheap weapon, or cheap way to play, and it really sucks....

Jayhmmz
01-15-2011, 04:56 PM
I feel like no matter the game, there is always gonna be some cheap weapon, or cheap way to play, and it really sucks....

Yup, pretty much. It's down to the player really, if the player isn't good enough, or if they're just a ****ing retard, they use the easiest weapon that is available, and don't use that properly either. I just hate it. I mean, I'm all for realism as well as arcade, but some people just take the piss.

CSS was probably the most balanced FPS I have ever played, ever. I love it. I mean AWPers took the piss, but at least it took a certain amount of skill to use with the fast scope and ****.

xXwfcXdevilXx
01-16-2011, 02:27 PM
I Think (Being Low Level On Cod6) Prefer Black Ops Everything is better and more Custom! Also Its Easier To Prestige. But WAW Was Amazing :D

Jayhmmz
01-16-2011, 02:53 PM
I Think (Being Low Level On Cod6) Prefer Black Ops Everything is better and more Custom! Also Its Easier To Prestige. But WAW Was Amazing :D

I didn't level high on MW2 either.
As I've said somewhere else on this forum, in a different topic, In the first month of having Black Ops, I played more hours on Blops than I did on MW2 for the full year, from the release date... This was shocking news, when Steam informed me. I just didn't like MW2 all that much. Felt same old, same old to me.

True Gamers League
01-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Vote Now!!!

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Vote Now!!!

What a pointless comment, just to get your post count up.
About as constructive as a dead mushroom.

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 08:25 PM
only get this game if u are a COD fan... the graphics arent as good as MW2 i do like some of the maps and addons to it plus it has zombie mode which is probably the funnest part about the game...

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 08:26 PM
only get this game if u are a COD fan... the graphics arent as good as MW2 i do like some of the maps and addons to it plus it has zombie mode which is probably the funnest part about the game...

+1

There are a lot of lazy textures and general rendering in the game. For me, it is extremely annoying to have to play through. The game is an insult to my system.

Flab-Ender
01-17-2011, 08:32 PM
What a pointless comment, just to get your post count up.
About as constructive as a dead mushroom.
Great analogy haha.

And i'm very disappointed, WaW was most definably not amazing. It seemed like Black Ops sorta followed in WaW foot steps in a way, both being bad games.

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 08:37 PM
+1

There are a lot of lazy textures and general rendering in the game. For me, it is extremely annoying to have to play through. The game is an insult to my system.

thanks bro and when a game of the same name comes out a year after CODmw2 it should look better not worse and be as glitchy seriously... and yes i know one was made by treyarch and one was made by infinity ward but that makes no difference

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 08:59 PM
thanks bro and when a game of the same name comes out a year after CODmw2 it should look better not worse and be as glitchy seriously... and yes i know one was made by treyarch and one was made by infinity ward but that makes no difference

Indeed. I have CoD Blops for PC, and it just seemed like a crappy console port, so lazy :(
My brother has the 360 version of Blops, and the PC version doesn't look all that much better than the console versions. The only thing the PC has over the consoles in this release, is that you can obviously tweak the Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering settings on your graphics card control panel, and you can adjust the resolution. Apart from that, there wasn't a major difference, which sucks!! I have a great PC so games can look amazing, it's frustrating.

I'm worried that IW and Treyarch are losing sight of what's more important about the games. They're just rushing to release a game for a set release date every other year. I would rather wait an extra year for a perfect game.

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:02 PM
i heard that IW will not be making anymore COD games but im not totally sure on that one so do not quote me on it

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 09:05 PM
i heard that IW will not be making anymore COD games but im not totally sure on that one so do not quote me on it

They will be making more games, but there is now a third developer in the Call of Duty mix for Activision to play with. Sledgehammer Studios; this company was made from the guys who got fired from Treyarch or IW... forgot who it was now, but yeah, there was a big conspiracy that these guys were leaking info to EA DICE so that they could have Medal of Honor kick CoDs ass, which it just didn't, but the intent was there.

So I guess in general, they got fired for attempted sabotage!
These guys at Sledgehammer Studios claim that they're gunna be making Call of Duty games for the fans, and not just for the money. Good news...

Activision tells us that we're to expect at least another three Call of Duty titles. One of which is coming this year, rumoured to be Space Warfare/ Future Warfare.

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:10 PM
that would be soooo amazing to have space warfare cough halo cough cough...

Flab-Ender
01-17-2011, 09:12 PM
A CoD mixed with Halo would be pretty tight.

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
A CoD mixed with Halo would be pretty tight.

They would have to do it perfectly though, this type of game could easily fail, especially with it being a CoD title. They're under the spotlight far too much now to risk making a complete fail game. It's risky to say the least!

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
if IW made it it would go pretty smoothly now if treyarch made it it will all but fail

Flab-Ender
01-17-2011, 09:15 PM
They would have to do it perfectly though, this type of game could easily fail, especially with it being a CoD title. They're under the spotlight far too much now to risk making a complete fail game. It's risky to say the least!

Well have someone else make it. It's really not that hard of a concept. I feel like there was something like this already made, but it failed or is unknown.

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Well have someone else make it. It's really not that hard of a concept. I feel like there was something like this already made, but it failed or is unknown.

There probably has been one like it mate, but the thing is, it's such a hard setting to accomplish in a game though, without it looking tacky and cheesy. The developer really has to have their heads screwed on. The way these guys churn out releases like robots for a pre-meditated deadline is just ridiculous.

Games should not have a specific deadline until they are sure as hell they are ready to release the game. Crysis 2 was meant to be out by the end of 2010, but they didn't feel like it was ready enough to be released, so Crytek worked on it a bit more, and now it's not due for another few months at least! This is what I like in games development, so mega props for Crytek! <3

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:20 PM
same goes for armored core 5 its was supposed to be released same time as CODbops and they were like we will keep working on it and it still doesn't have a release date although they said Q1 of this year

Flab-Ender
01-17-2011, 09:21 PM
If Bethesda wasn't so busy with their Elder Scrolls Series and Fallout, they could probably do it. They take time in their games.

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:23 PM
and their games turn out to be what FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!

Flab-Ender
01-17-2011, 09:25 PM
and their games turn out to be what FRIGGIN AMAZING!!!!

Yes, yes they do.

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:27 PM
see my point and jayhmmzs point have been proven

Flab-Ender
01-17-2011, 09:28 PM
see my point and jayhmmzs point have been proven

Wait what was that point?

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Wait what was that point?

OUCH! I think I just stood on the ****ing point. Ahhh my foot! >.<

Polishkid
01-17-2011, 09:31 PM
way to go jayhmmz... now we have to find another point and prove it for it to be proven so our points will have proof of our point!

Jayhmmz
01-18-2011, 06:52 AM
way to go jayhmmz... now we have to find another point and prove it for it to be proven so our points will have proof of our point!

I am sorry :(
I tried to find the point again when I woke up this morning but there was no point, it was just a pointless endeavour.

Polishkid
01-18-2011, 09:26 AM
well the point would still have a point if u wouldn't have stepped on the point that was proven by the proof that we were given to prove the point that needed to be proved