PDA

View Full Version : PS3 game download question

timiscute
12-26-2010, 02:18 PM
I just got a new PS3 for xmas and needless to say I'm crazy excited. Had a question though: If i buy a downloadable game from the Playstation Network (Tecmo Bowl Throwback) would I be able to sign onto a friends PS3 with my name and be able to download the game to his hard drive for free from my account or would he need to pay for it again? I thought I remember reading somewhere that I could do it somehow. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks

EpsilonX
12-26-2010, 02:36 PM
I guess you could do that, but he's going to have to log onto your account to play it. If he wants the game for himself, he'll have to buy it

timiscute
12-26-2010, 02:42 PM
so in order to play it every time hed have to log onto my account he cant just download it and have it on his hard drive? I found the article where I read it:

I can't post links until i make 10 posts but if you google "10 PS3 tricks sony doesn't tell you bspcn" it'll be the first link.

The #8 tip is :

"8 ) Share your bought downloads
You can download anything you’ve bought from the store to five PlayStation 3′s. This is useful if you’ve got more than one PS3 (of course) and also if you’ve wiped your hard-drive and don’t fancy paying for the same download twice…
However, you can also choose to share your download with your mates. The PlayStation Store logs how many times each download has been downloaded by each user. On your mate’s PS3 Create New User and log onto the store with your ID. You’ll now be able to go to your download and see that you’ve already downloaded whatever it was that you paid for. You can now download it again, using another of your downloads and giving it to your mate for free. Or a small optional charge…"

It's making it sound like you can just load it to the hard drive

EpsilonX
12-26-2010, 03:44 PM
so in order to play it every time hed have to log onto my account he cant just download it and have it on his hard drive? I found the article where I read it:

I can't post links until i make 10 posts but if you google "10 PS3 tricks sony doesn't tell you bspcn" it'll be the first link.

The #8 tip is :

"8 ) Share your bought downloads
You can download anything you’ve bought from the store to five PlayStation 3′s. This is useful if you’ve got more than one PS3 (of course) and also if you’ve wiped your hard-drive and don’t fancy paying for the same download twice…
However, you can also choose to share your download with your mates. The PlayStation Store logs how many times each download has been downloaded by each user. On your mate’s PS3 Create New User and log onto the store with your ID. You’ll now be able to go to your download and see that you’ve already downloaded whatever it was that you paid for. You can now download it again, using another of your downloads and giving it to your mate for free. Or a small optional charge…"

It's making it sound like you can just load it to the hard drive

well, maybe. You download it with your own account, but maybe you'll be able to play it on somebody else's while they're logged on.

You could try it, what you gotta do is go on your friends ps3, log in, download it, and then log out and see if he can play it. I could be wrong, as i've never tried it, but I always thought you couldn't do it.

timiscute
12-26-2010, 03:45 PM
k sounds good thanks for the input

Muffincat
12-26-2010, 05:45 PM
nonoononon. Eps is wrong. Do not listen.

I have a friend who bought a bunch of downloadable PSN games, and he logged into his account on my PS3 and downloaded them onto mine, and I could then play them on my account. It is definitely possible.

Diligence109
12-26-2010, 06:10 PM
I have a friend who bought a bunch of downloadable PSN games, and he logged into his account on my PS3 and downloaded them onto mine, and I could then play them on my account. It is definitely possible.

this - I've seen and played these games on the PS3 in question. The site you found had it right with their tip #8 - it's possible!

EpsilonX
12-26-2010, 11:34 PM
nonoononon. Eps is wrong. Do not listen.

I was thinkin of something else then, cuz i know there's something that you put it on your ps3, but once you log in as someone else it goes away or somethin.