PDA

View Full Version : Woops...

Eric
08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Well, did a burn out last night, and broke a radiator hose. Drove it for awhile, and it overheated. Anyways, was driving to school this morning, she died. Dad took me to school, and we left it in another town for the day.

We went out tonight, and me and my dad towed it to the shop (he's a mechanic). He thinks a piston is blown, but I think she still has life. The battery is really low, which would explain the weird noise it made when he tried to turn it over. He's going to look at it tomorrow, and I am going to head over there and help him out.

Worst case scenario, a new engine. My dad's boss predicted like $1000 for a new one. Was going to buy the dang thing anyways and change the engine, so it's not a total loss. But if it is blown, it is going to have to sit in our driveway for a few months until I can afford to buy it, and then I will have to save up for a engine on top of that... (may just go to a junkyard and get one)

If I get a new engine, it it going to be a V8 for sure, as it has a straight 6 in it now. Planned on making it a offroader anyways, so a V8 was in the plans from the beginning.

Big adventure it was ;). Am going to drive my dad's old 83' around tomorrow, as I work and stuff, so I at least have something.

For those that were wondering, it was a nice burnout ;). A history lesson for you: I was the first to burn out on that road when it was built, so I went back to reign in my glory. Guess the second time around my jeep just wasn't feeling well :(. No one will ever know I was the first, but people surely started burning out on it right after me. I set a milestone :D

lonewolfxix
08-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Aww shame about the radiator and engine man, How long till you can afford the V8 and is that why you've hardly been on? :P

I've been working on my dad's bike, the spark plug isn't sparking properly so we think there's still oil on the capacitors, we had to replace the crankshaft oil seal as it was leaking so that could be the problem, we get about 1 spark in 20, kind of annoying.

Eric
08-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Well, it is blown. Going to cost $1600 for a new one. Guess I should start saving up :(

lonewolfxix
08-26-2007, 05:11 PM
$1600 for a new Inline-6? Not too bad, I'm looking at getting a moped right now, $700 for the moped $700 for insurance rofl it's a shame being 16 and not loads of money here, it's $4400 for an inline 4 1.2litre putting out 74bhp rofl

Eric
08-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah, we are simply gonna look for a used i6, as it's not worth a new one right now. Can hopefully find one