PDA

View Full Version : Roller Coaster Tycoon

insert_cliche_here
12-28-2010, 06:47 AM
Aaw yeah, after some intense downloading and installing I am about to mount a Roller Coaster Tycoon iso and I have my fingers crossed it will work. Anyone else love this game? I used to pick up guests and employees and drop them in the water to drown. Aah, memories :D

HamadaLFC8
12-28-2010, 08:54 AM
I
love/d
this
game!!!!!!

I really wanna play it again, but I lost the CD :'(

insert_cliche_here
12-28-2010, 09:15 AM
*high five* did you used to drown people as well?

HamadaLFC8
12-28-2010, 09:20 AM
*high five* did you used to drown people as well?

hahaha no I'm not thaaaaaaaaat evil >:P I took good care of my costumers haha :D

insert_cliche_here
12-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh, dude, you're missin out :p

Knibbler
12-28-2010, 09:44 AM
I absolutely loved this game.
I use to spend hours building the biggest roller coaster I could.

LiNuX
12-28-2010, 10:33 AM
I still have my CD somewhere. Last I remember, I gave it to my sis.

Used to spend hours playing it. Great game. Haven't played in years though.

jango
12-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Aye, most of those 'Tycoon' games are quite fun, much like the 'Theme' games in a few ways (if you've ever played those before). I'm trying to remember if I played Rollercoaster Tycoon, and I think I did .. but quite honestly I can't remember a lot about it. That's not to say it sucked or anything, but I'm guessing there's been too many games in-between for me to remember it all that well hehe. Still, they're normally quite fun/amusing games so you should have fun with it :D

EpsilonX
12-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Well, roller coaster tycoon is probably the main tycoon game, which everybody else ripped off of...but anyways, yea i love this game, too bad my computer doesn't run it...idk why. I can play RCT3 here though, but gotta play the older ones at my grandmas.

and i never drowned the guests. i picked them up, then closed their box before i set them down, which sent them in an alternate universe, thus preventing them from leaving my park in the current universe. I only did that to guests that wanted to leave.

LiNuX
12-28-2010, 12:01 PM
I thought it was just one developer of all the tycoon type games?

EpsilonX
12-28-2010, 12:23 PM
I thought it was just one developer of all the tycoon type games?

chris sawyer developed Transport Tycoon and Roller Coaster Tycoon, but there's a bunch of knockoff games...mall tycoon, cruise ship tycoon, zoo tycoon which is also really good, prison tycoon, etc.

LiNuX
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
I played only Roller Coaster and Zoo Tycoon.

Oh and there was one, School Tycoon. I remember playing the beta. It sucked. So I stuck with RCT.

EpsilonX
12-28-2010, 12:48 PM
I played only Roller Coaster and Zoo Tycoon.

Oh and there was one, School Tycoon. I remember playing the beta. It sucked. So I stuck with RCT.

Yea, Zoo Tycoon is made by Microsoft, while rct and rct 2 are hasbro, rct3 is atari

chibimel
12-28-2010, 05:10 PM
hm.. never played...

Muffincat
12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
I think I played RCT...3 and it was pretty fun.

DID ANYONE EVER PLAY DINO PARK TYCOON?

also isn't this technically about piracy

LiNuX
12-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I think I played RCT...3 and it was pretty fun.

DID ANYONE EVER PLAY DINO PARK TYCOON?

also isn't this technically about piracy

Never played RCT3 or Dino Park...didn't even know there was a dino park.

And if you're referring to the iso talk in the beginning, I chose to not do anything since it's not very clear. Some ISO files are actually legal (but I can't confirm in this case and I'd rather not get further into it anyway).

But for me, I have the actual CD for RCT.

Muffincat
12-29-2010, 12:28 PM
It's an old game. I used to play it when I was really little

DinoPark Tycoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DinoPark_Tycoon)

it was so cool D:

LiNuX
12-29-2010, 12:32 PM
It's an old game. I used to play it when I was really little

DinoPark Tycoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DinoPark_Tycoon)

it was so cool D:

that's cool. Came out a while ago. Probably would have played it if I had my hands on it back then.

EpsilonX
12-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I liked the Dinosaur expansion for Zoo Tycoon...I need to find a way to play that game again, my discs are long gone.

Diligence109
12-30-2010, 11:18 PM
I absolutely loved this game... this thread is making me nostalgia a little bit.

I yes - I totally drowned my guests when I was bored and needed a giggle. And, yes, I totally picked up my guests and trapped them in various places when they wanted to leave so they couldn't (I didn't know there was a glitch to exploit, as Eps points out... so I would just drop them in a little pen somewhere far off)

I also loved designing roller coasters that launched people to their doom at some point in the track... like the sims, it was fun to find all the creative ways you could unleash doom on people.

Oh, I also played the game it was intended to be played, too ;)

EpsilonX
12-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Lol, if you picked them up and closed the box, they didn't complain about being lost, which was way better. they also no longer appeared on the thoughts screen, so i didn't have to see a bunch of "i want to go home" when i looked at the people's thoughts.

What's really fun is, in RCT3, taking a water slide, making it go up high, and then at the end just kinda launch onto a path and...well...i'll show you with a video i made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AszMrP3cQ1M
no, i'm not talkin to myself, my friend was over

LiNuX
12-31-2010, 06:22 PM
lol Eps, can you do that in the original? I never saw the guests get knocked over like that.

EpsilonX
12-31-2010, 06:28 PM
lol Eps, can you do that in the original? I never saw the guests get knocked over like that.

No, as soon as the carts come anywhere near the ground in the original ones, they blow up. In RCT3 they just kind of vanish.

osamahatem
01-09-2011, 01:47 PM
I played RCT3 Platinum and i have the iso on my pc. I made broken coasters that sent clients flying then exploding. And i remember i put a free lion to chase people once. It's simply a great game. And a nice idea BTW Epsilon.