PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft with Kinect

Mordry
12-29-2010, 09:49 AM
Yes, it is possible now like this Video show it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62wj8eJ0FHw

We are developing the Flexible Action and Articulated Skeleton Toolkit (FAAST), which is middleware to facilitate integration of full-body control with games and VR applications. FAAST currently supports the PrimeSensor and the Microsoft Kinect using the OpenNI framework.

In this video, we show how FAAST can be used to control off-the-shelf video games such as World of Warcraft. Since these games would not normally support motion sensing devices, FAAST emulates keyboard input triggered by body posture and specific gestures. These controls can be dynamically configured for different applications and games.

FAAST is free software that uses the OpenNI framework (Welcome to OpenNI | www.openni.org (http://www.openni.org)). We are currently preparing the toolkit for an open-source release. You can download FAAST at: Flexible Action and Articulated Skeleton Toolkit (http://people.ict.usc.edu/~suma/faast/)

---------------------------------------
Evan A. Suma, Belinda Lange, Skip Rizzo, David Krum, and Mark Bolas
Institute for Creative Technologies
University of Southern California

Just for information:
I don't play World of Warcraft.
I am NOT a member of this team.
I randomly find this Video on YouTube.
Don't ask me things about how to use it, it's all above in the quote and you can ask the creators themselves.
I don't made this video I just want to show the video to you.

I think that should be all, I don't think that the Kinect-thing will be very popular but it's intersting to know. The same thing was with Gothic 1/2 and the Wii-Motion Control.:)

jango
12-29-2010, 09:59 AM
lol .. that's one weird video to watch.

I bet he's gonna have a fit or snap his spine when raiding the Bastion of Twilight/Blackwing Descent lol .. oh my ..

LiNuX
12-29-2010, 10:38 AM
that's cool. It would have been cooler with virtual reality imo with a 360 sense of the world.

Now they need to include Mortal Kombat - I'd love to see two people play that on kinect.

Blackbird
12-29-2010, 02:29 PM
I remember they trying to add that one in Cam I think it was but it FAIL becuase they hit it together

chibimel
12-30-2010, 04:05 PM
omg this is so cool and dorky and awesome and nerdy all at once!

Jokersvirus
12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
As a wow player that would make the game a little hard because it would make the raid boss battles more complex by having to use your body and hands to execute moves and what not.

It would be cool if you played and made hand gestures like you were fighting like for a warrior you had a big 2 hand weapon and you made a swinging action it would do that.

Dess
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Now they need to include Mortal Kombat - I'd love to see two people play that on kinect.

I would break stuff.... like... my friend's nose...

<_<

Aizen
12-30-2010, 10:58 PM
I would use this all the time! Break the stereotype of a lazy gamer.

But, I would have to get enough motivation to set this up... Now that would be hard.

Jokersvirus
12-31-2010, 03:04 AM

Only if you could custom make moves that would be epic. Like grab them by the face and just rip their arm off and beat them to death with it.

Blackbird
12-31-2010, 10:04 AM
That will just be illegal haha :)

Mordry
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM

Have fun with your Back then :D.
The killer game would be: Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed ;).