PDA

View Full Version : PS3 on HDTV

timiscute
12-31-2010, 03:24 PM
I have my PS3 hooked up to my LG 37" LCD HDTV. I hooked it up using the the wires that came with the system just plugging into the AV with the 3 colored wires. Is this getting me the best quality or do I need some other wire to get true high def for my PS3 games? Do I need to change anything in my settings? I'm pretty new to the PS3 I just want to be able to get the best quality I can before I start getting BluRays... Thanks for the help people.

~Tim

EpsilonX
12-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Well, the other 2 options are Component Cables which have 5 plugs, and HDMI cable which is only 1 plug. I'd go with an HDMI cable, they're flat and gold looking.
http://www.jdr.com/images/products/C/cbl-hdmi-mm.jpg
After you plug it into HDMI, you're gonna have to turn it on, then hold down the power button, it'll beep again and automatically find the input you're using

Diligence109
12-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Well, the other 2 options are Component Cables which have 5 plugs, and HDMI cable which is only 1 plug. I'd go with an HDMI cable, they're flat and gold looking.
[image]
After you plug it into HDMI, you're gonna have to turn it on, then hold down the power button, it'll beep again and automatically find the input you're using

+1

Eps said it all. Component and HDMI are basically equal in their video quality, so you can get either; but I also would recommend HDMI over Component. If you really want to get into it, I found an article on all the differences between HDMI and Component (http://www.bluejeanscable.com/articles/dvihdmicomponent.htm).

timiscute
12-31-2010, 10:31 PM
Thanks to both of you I'll def read that article when I get a chance but based on what you're saying I think I'll probably get the HDMI wire Thanks alot and happy new year

EpsilonX
12-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks alot and happy new year

why are you thanking alot? alot didn't help!

Aizen
01-01-2011, 12:00 AM
If I am not mistaken, component cable wont do 1080p, only HDMI will do that.

timiscute
01-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Once I hook up the wire is there any settings I need to change to make it 1080p or whatever or does it just do the best quality with the wire?

EpsilonX
01-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Once I hook up the wire is there any settings I need to change to make it 1080p or whatever or does it just do the best quality with the wire?

on the ps3, go to display settings, and choose whichever kind of cable you're using, then select the resolution you want.

True Gamers League
01-17-2011, 06:40 PM
Rocks I love it with my HDMI cords the quality is flawless.