PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Buy ! (:

ch33tos
01-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Hello readers,

Over 2 months its my birthday, I'm thinking to buy a Ps3 slim or an Xbox 360.

but i cant choose about that, maybe you guys can help me (:

what are to + and - of both consuls ??

thanks guys ! (:

Muffincat
01-03-2011, 01:29 PM
We have a lot of threads about this.

HELP!!! Need help deciding between PS3 and Xbox360 - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17536)

Help!!! PS3 or Xbox360? - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=11331)

Those are just two of them. Why don't you read through them, since I don't know how many of us want to post our thoughts again :P It basically comes down to personal preference and what kinds of games you prefer. I'd go PS3, personally.

Diligence109
01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
I've talked a lot about this with the members here and it breaks down (in brief) to this:

PS3 - slightly more powerful hardware. Blu-Ray support. Since PSN is free, network support and server maintenance sometimes lacking. Often heralded by gamers as the better console for single player gaming, based on some console exclusives and XBL's superior network support.

Xbox 360 - XBL is a subscription service, but the price enables it reliable network support and an agreement that requires good server maintenance and reliability. Often considered the better online multiplayer console to the PS3 for XBL and some console exclusives.

Console exclusives vary between the consoles - it's up to your personal taste which games are the ones you want to play so you should look up what games you'll be getting/missing out on with each console. I'm a PS3 fan myself because I'm too cheap for the subscription to XBL and prefer the exclusives developed for PS3. Both of them are plenty fun, though, so it's up to you!

EpsilonX
01-03-2011, 01:54 PM
1. what systems do your friends have?
2. what exclusive games for each console do you like?
3. do you want blu ray? (if yes, PS3)
4. are you really into playing online + willing to pay for online (if yes, 360)

But really, it comes down mostly to number 2.

Diligence109
01-03-2011, 02:34 PM
1. what systems do your friends have?

this

W1CKEDTW1STED
01-03-2011, 04:44 PM
I've talked a lot about this with the members here and it breaks down (in brief) to this:

PS3 - slightly more powerful hardware. Blu-Ray support. Since PSN is free, network support and server maintenance sometimes lacking. Often heralded by gamers as the better console for single player gaming, based on some console exclusives and XBL's superior network support.

Xbox 360 - XBL is a subscription service, but the price enables it reliable network support and an agreement that requires good server maintenance and reliability. Often considered the better online multiplayer console to the PS3 for XBL and some console exclusives.

Console exclusives vary between the consoles - it's up to your personal taste which games are the ones you want to play so you should look up what games you'll be getting/missing out on with each console. I'm a PS3 fan myself because I'm too cheap for the subscription to XBL and prefer the exclusives developed for PS3. Both of them are plenty fun, though, so it's up to you!

Phenomenal down and dirty on consoles. +rep. :)

Diligence109
01-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Phenomenal down and dirty on consoles. +rep. :)

you were the one that taught me a lot of that ;) thanks for the rep!

Coke457
01-04-2011, 06:52 PM
It depends what your looking for. If you are looking for great graphics and a blue ray player go with PS3.

If you are looking for lots of menu fetures and Kinect then go with Xbox360.

EpsilonX
01-04-2011, 07:26 PM
It depends what your looking for. If you are looking for great graphics and a blue ray player go with PS3.

If you are looking for lots of menu fetures and Kinect then go with Xbox360.

Lol, they both have great graphics. and 360 has way more than a big menu and kinect

Charlotte
01-07-2011, 10:46 PM
PS3 slim bro. But it's a little bit expensive.

Jayhmmz
01-08-2011, 05:43 AM
The Xbox 360/s has a lot more potential than a ps3. It's much more powerful. I'm just jealous that the 360 doesn't have Killzone.

TonyTone
01-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Just buy both. That way, not matter what system your friends have or who you meet, you're guaranteed to be able to play with anybody.

elgms
01-18-2011, 09:11 AM
If anything, I would suggest the xbox - mainly because Steam and Xbox have teamed up to offer some awesome games.

Black ops is on xbox, left 4 dead, borderlands,,,,,, just all kinds of great games. A lot of which will never go to ps3.

Polishkid
01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
GOOOOOOOOO xbox 360 lol

LemonRising
01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Personally I like ps3. but Dili and Eps made all the good points already haha

Goodluck in your quest!

Jayhmmz
01-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Cellotape a BluRay player to the new Xbox, and there you have it, the PS360.

Ilyich Valken
01-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Cellotape a BluRay player to the new Xbox, and there you have it, the PS360.

Lmfao. Or get one for computer like mine is. :)

Just to clear it up: I don't mind the PS3, there are games on it I'll play, but.. not enough to warrant a buy for me D: