PDA

View Full Version : What genre(s) do you listen to?

Project Blaze
01-05-2011, 03:36 PM
I haven't really felt like posting anywhere but the "Listening to" thread, so I'll just go ahead and make this thread.

What genres of music do you listen to? You can list what type of music for what mood if you want. Here it goes:

I've been switching off between Metal (The "regular" metal and the harder kind), Industrial, Punk... and I think that's it.

Anyone else?

paecmaker
01-05-2011, 03:38 PM
I listening on almost everything except for something we call "dansband" back home.

Project Blaze
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
That's cool. I used to listen to various genres... not sure what happened though. :\ Anyway, what's Dansband? O_o

paecmaker
01-05-2011, 04:02 PM
A direct translation is dance band and its mostly consist of a group of old guys in funny clothes wich plays music that you are supposed to dance to. Its often older people that listens to it.

Project Blaze
01-05-2011, 04:11 PM
lol Not sure I'd listen to that either. Old guys in funny clothes. XD

paecmaker
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
search on Lasse stefanz on youtube (if it works). But beware they sing on swedish.

Project Blaze
01-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Not sure if I should. lol

EpsilonX
01-05-2011, 04:23 PM
I typically listen to

Alt Rock (and sometimes the classic rock bands that alt rock gets influence from)
Hard Rock
Hardcore (which includes hardcore punk, post-hardcore, and metalcore)
Symphonic/Power Metal (like Sonata Arctica, Symphony X, Nightwish, Dimmu Borgir. I guess I'll throw Dream Theater into this category too, even though they're not symphonic or power metal)
Electronic Music

Project Blaze
01-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Sweet list. I used to listen to Symphonic, but couldn't really tell what the chorus was saying. I think that's what it's called, chorus. So I quit listening to it. lol

EpsilonX
01-05-2011, 04:40 PM
lol it's gotta be a lot easier to understand than the stuff like Devildriver that you listen to

Project Blaze
01-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Not really, the echo-like parts in the symphonic metal are actually harder. lol So XP

leica
01-05-2011, 07:21 PM
dubstep
drum and bass
post-dubstep (if you consider it a genre haha)
electro house
minimal techno
doom metal
drone metal
black metal
post-hardcore

EpsilonX
01-05-2011, 07:25 PM
dubstep
drum and bass
post-dubstep (if you consider it a genre haha)
electro house
minimal techno
doom metal
drone metal
black metal
post-hardcore

Minimal techno? Is that like trance?

and you forgot deathcore.

Epic.girl
01-05-2011, 08:37 PM
i listena almost all kind of music but my fav is trance and techno

TonyTone
01-05-2011, 09:40 PM
basically anything with a good beat.....seriously ANYTHING.

But mostly rap, rock, and trance.

Jaykub
01-05-2011, 09:45 PM
1. Deathcore
2. Metalcore
3. Death Metal
4. Nu Metal
5. Doom Metal
6. Grindcore

leica
01-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Minimal techno? Is that like trance?

and you forgot deathcore.

no, it's like minimal techno

and i forgot deathcore
edit: i also forgot grime and uk garage and a few other electronic genres related to dubstep however closely or not

EpsilonX
01-06-2011, 12:09 AM
no, it's like minimal techno

and i forgot deathcore
edit: i also forgot grime and uk garage and a few other electronic genres related to dubstep however closely or not

well i don't know what minimal techno is, so i was asking if it was similar to trance, because from the name, it seems like it might be.

leica
01-06-2011, 01:43 AM
nope, i hate trance
a nice introduction to minimal would be surgeon's fabric 53 mix

edit: it also includes some dubstep-influenced tunes and is definitely not exclusively minimal

Project Blaze
01-06-2011, 08:39 AM
i listena almost all kind of music but my fav is trance and techno

Gotta love the turntables! w00t!! I'm into a lot of that too, but I've got more House mixez than Trance, but I'm not too picky with what mixez I listen to between those. ^_^ Sometimes I stare at something and think a lot when I'm listening to those too. Makes everything else kinda disappear. Pretty weird, but it's pretty kickin' as far as I'm concerned. ^_^

EpitomeofTalia
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
basically anything with a good beat.....seriously ANYTHING.

Same.

I listen a lot of different stuff. I sometimes get confused listening to my own ipod lol. It'll go from something 80's to something metal to hip hop or jazz. It's a bit insane.

But when I was in high school, it was strictly punk and metal. I guess I have more of an open mind now.

TonyTone
01-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I guess I have more of an open mind now.

Yeah, i used to be so quick to judge music. But the more i listen to different types, i just become attached to anything lol.

EpitomeofTalia
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Yeah, i used to be so quick to judge music. But the more i listen to different types, i just become attached to anything lol.

And that's awesome cause you always have something to listen to for any type of mood you're in. It pays to have variety!

EpsilonX
01-06-2011, 06:58 PM
And that's awesome cause you always have something to listen to for any type of mood you're in. It pays to have variety!

I listen to a variety of stuff, but I'll go for a few days of wanting to listen to one style of music, but then i'll start to miss the other kind of music and listen to that and not want anything to do with what i just listened to, and then it switches again. lmao.

Epic.girl
01-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Gotta love the turntables! w00t!! I'm into a lot of that too, but I've got more House mixez than Trance, but I'm not too picky with what mixez I listen to between those. ^_^ Sometimes I stare at something and think a lot when I'm listening to those too. Makes everything else kinda disappear. Pretty weird, but it's pretty kickin' as far as I'm concerned. ^_^

i luc them cuz make me hyper or feel better rely i go in a trance hahaha duh if have to be good or it wont work :P

Project Blaze
01-07-2011, 01:53 AM
i luc them cuz make me hyper or feel better rely i go in a trance hahaha duh if have to be good or it wont work :P

lol True, can't just make a decent mix without a little practice ^_^ How much do you listen to it? Or them? Not sure what to put there. >_<

BlackPhazor
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Well, I listen to rap, hip-hop, R&B, reggae (a bit), and pop. I believe there are a few others, but those are the main genres I listen to.

HiTechSavvy
01-13-2011, 04:01 PM
I have always been a big metalhead all my life haha but recently i've been getting in to alot of swing music.

d3m0nslay3r816
01-13-2011, 04:55 PM
i'm the same as tonytone and epitome of talia - pretty much anything. depends what kinda mood i'm in.

d3m0nslay3r816
01-13-2011, 04:57 PM
to have on in the background while i'm gaming though usually something with a bit faster beat is better imo

Polishkid
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
if you like acoustic music... listen to andy mckee on youtube he is awesome!!!

Project Blaze
01-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Well my taste in music shifted again. lol Now I listen to female-fronted Punk Rock and Metal. Female singers in the Industrial genre too, which I also listen to and amounts to 2nd on my list. For now anyway.