PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Forum Counter Strike Server?

LiNuX
08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
This is a poll to determine if you think a Counter Strike 1.6 server for Gamers Forum would be a good idea.

Just vote on your thoughts and share your thoughts with us if you can.

I was going to purchase one within the next 2 weeks in the Eastern part of the United States. Probably near New York or New Jersey (near where I live). I want to get thoughts of people that will actually play and and visit.

My idea was to expand into the cs world as well. We have already set up an IRC channel so we can put our info there and hoping it'll bring in extra members and traffic from both the game and the irc channel.

Post your thoughts, I was going to pay for the server 3 months or 6 months ahead of time.

Thank you!

Drake14
08-29-2007, 12:18 PM
it doesn't really matter to me because i don't play cs. but i voted yes because im sure lots of members here do play.

LiNuX
08-29-2007, 12:32 PM
it doesn't really matter to me because i don't play cs. but i voted yes because im sure lots of members here do play.

ok thats cool but what about if i should buy now for 3 months ahead or wait a little longer and buy for 6 months when i have more money? its from www.gameservers.com

cwbolton
08-29-2007, 02:04 PM
i voted what is that cuz iono lol

souljaa
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
I voted yes because I'm sure it could create a lot of popularity towards the site.

LiNuX
08-29-2007, 02:22 PM
i voted what is that cuz iono lol

its for the steam network - you login with that certain server and play counter-strike with other people online :-) can be very very fun at time.

I voted yes because I'm sure it could create a lot of popularity towards the site.

thats the primary idea, secondary idea is to sell admin spots and get money for a cs source server lol :D if this works out, i need to spend over $200/year on this tho

Thor Erik
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
just looked at their dedi prices, it would be way cheaper to buy your own, buy a rack, pay the powerbill and maintainance yourself XD

LiNuX
08-29-2007, 03:53 PM
just looked at their dedi prices, it would be way cheaper to buy your own, buy a rack, pay the powerbill and maintainance yourself XD

get my own dedicated server from them or from elsewhere? but i need software and license to run a game server i believe, u cant run much just with a server :no:

diablo
09-04-2007, 07:01 PM
i havent played cs in over a year lol, well not competitively, just played to try out those fattat's tricks the last time lol, but i wouldn't mind a server so i voted yes :) and maybe get a free admin off that hehe