PDA

View Full Version : Gamers Forum Downtime & Updates

LiNuX
08-31-2007, 07:41 PM
If you guys haven't noticed already, from August 30th to August 31st for almost 24 hrs, the forum was down and it was bad. What's worse is that we lost most of the posts from August 30th since the backup used was from that morning. I have no control over this and I am sorry for that.

In the next week or two expect a server move. This server and host has caused me a great deal of trouble and tension and I do not wish to take this any further. I wasn't able to move earlier because of lack of funding for a new host. But I did plan to open a new CS server but that may have to wait a little longer as I have to use money from that funding.

You may have received an email explaning all of this and If you received two copies, I am sorry, the admin panel froze and reset.

Please bare with me and help me revive the forum once again, won't happen anymore after switch.

Regards,
LiNuX

lonewolfxix
08-31-2007, 08:12 PM
You better hope it doesn't! ;) Don't worry, I won't leave ^^

LiNuX
08-31-2007, 08:21 PM
You better hope it doesn't! ;) Don't worry, I won't leave ^^

it wasn't as bad as the last crash remember that one? but i am very angry at my host and their host that has their dedicated servers, both of them got angry emails but i really feel like punching them, that'll make me feel way better :mad1:

lonewolfxix
08-31-2007, 08:26 PM
I'll go on that road trip with you to punch them :O I'm losing out on sleep right now since I couldn't post my picture request earlier :-(

LiNuX
08-31-2007, 08:44 PM
I'll go on that road trip with you to punch them :O I'm losing out on sleep right now since I couldn't post my picture request earlier :-(

we should makea whole mob from the forum members and just charge there like they did to homer in the simpsons movie :yes: who's with me?

lonewolfxix
09-01-2007, 07:34 AM
meee me me!!! I'll come with!!!

Scott
09-02-2007, 05:53 AM
Me too I'll help!. I'll bring a tank.

Yeah losing all that tim,e really sucked. At first I thought it was firefox but I tried IE and it didn't work either. Well at least its all sorted now.

lonewolfxix
09-02-2007, 06:56 AM
It's not properly sorted until we move it to a new host/server Which I expect will cost more money than the current one.. Though I have no idea, either way let us hope it's better than this host!

LiNuX
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Me too I'll help!. I'll bring a tank.

Yeah losing all that tim,e really sucked. At first I thought it was firefox but I tried IE and it didn't work either. Well at least its all sorted now.

kinda, im having forum time problems now - it resets at 7 pm est - 12 am UK time lol - cant fix that until we move to a new server

It's not properly sorted until we move it to a new host/server Which I expect will cost more money than the current one.. Though I have no idea, either way let us hope it's better than this host!

thats true and it will cost me maybe the same, im going to get less space since i wont host too many sites here

xeysz
09-03-2007, 11:18 AM
It is unacceptable but tolerable.

If that makes any sense, I mean that it is a good choice to change but the down wasn't terrifying.

LiNuX
09-03-2007, 11:25 AM
It is unacceptable but tolerable.

If that makes any sense, I mean that it is a good choice to change but the down wasn't terrifying.

it wasnt because i had backups from that day lol - but u werent here when the whole server crashed and no backups for 2 months lol - we lost a lot of data - now that was terrifying and angry-fying :mad1:

lonewolfxix
09-03-2007, 11:32 AM
That really pissed me off as i couldn't sign up again for ages due to an error >.< and I lost 100s of posts.. lol

LiNuX
09-03-2007, 11:39 AM
That really pissed me off as i couldn't sign up again for ages due to an error >.< and I lost 100s of posts.. lol

i apologize again lol, cant do it enough, u lost more than 400 posts lol :( and i didnt figure out the registration error for about 2 weeks until i had to disable a lot of security then i switched to vb to avoid more trouble, errors, and spam bots bypassing the low security to register

a lotta trouble, it happened my last week of school, thats when i had time to work on getting it back up

xeysz
09-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Sorry about that!!! Did not know!

(School had started.)

LiNuX
09-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Sorry about that!!! Did not know!

(School had started.)

no need to apologize, it wasnt ur fault, was it? cuz then we have some problems lol

well not too many people knew then and we did lose a few good members, they didnt come back since they lost a lot of posts but a few other dedicated ones came back :D and I thank them

xeysz
09-04-2007, 03:22 PM
Ohhh so there was trouble before I joined lol

I like this site for info and the arcade is fun.:laugh:

LiNuX
09-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Ohhh so there was trouble before I joined lol

I like this site for info and the arcade is fun.:laugh:

it happened twice before you joined - one day we lots a weekend's worth of info - almost 300 posts and the second time almost 2 months of data - about 5000 posts and 40 members lol, we made up all of those already and more :-) so happy about that

for the arcade, i gotta find some newer games to put on that lol, but not v3arcade doesnt have access to add a lot of games on there

diablo
09-04-2007, 06:57 PM
i was here for the big 2 month crash lol, that was horrible and I wasnt as active to help out but the forum always pops back, sucks that the server was down again :( change servers soon, now that im back i'll join that mob of urs, just pick the place and date to meet lol