PDA

View Full Version : City Of Heroes

gameboy99
01-16-2011, 09:28 AM
City of Heroes is by far the most amazing game I've ever played. And for some reason, it never became as popular as World of Warcraft or anything. Anyone here curious with the game or even has played it before?

Jayhmmz
01-16-2011, 09:32 AM
It's always been one of those games I was meaning to play, but never got round to actually playing. It looked immense. I was considering buying it much later on than it's release date, but then DC Universe Online got announced :)

EpitomeofTalia
01-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I played City of Heroes for a short while and I really liked it. I liked how you could really customize your character, but I never continued playing past my trial because I didn't want to pay for WoW and City of Heroes. When I stopped playing WoW I was meaning to pick up City of Heroes but I just never got around to it.

Now I have DC Universe Online, and it's similar to the little bit of City of Heroes I played. <3

Jayhmmz
01-16-2011, 02:56 PM
Now I have DC Universe Online, and it's similar to the little bit of City of Heroes I played. <3

DCUO ftw!
I'm loving it at the moment; however, my highest level guy is only 12 atm, as I've been constantly creating characters to try all the class types out, but there's just too many variated mixes you can have! So, I'm now sticking with one hero :)

EpitomeofTalia
01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
DCUO ftw!
I'm loving it at the moment; however, my highest level guy is only 12 atm, as I've been constantly creating characters to try all the class types out, but there's just too many variated mixes you can have! So, I'm now sticking with one hero :)

I know what you mean! I need to create a few more before I know what really works for me. I can't believe how many different types of heroes or villains you can make. It's insanely fun! lol

BobTD
01-16-2011, 09:09 PM
hmm, I really liked the level of customization in COH but I never owned a copy, didnt have time. DCUO looks just as promising. I should really look how similar they are and who made them, if its a collaboration between DC and the makes of COH I might have to get it.

If its a competitor with to many similarities I will probably not get it. I have to many other games to play and I cant see playing them both to figure out if one is better then the other, and would rather support progress then copy artists.

CasuallySmart
11-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I have played it and I did enjoy it, the issue as with most games i could never maximise the pay monthly aspect so i stopped and went back and forth to Guild Wars

Kink3bird
11-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Actually I hated it past the customization part. I made some guy that looked like the Joker (COV) and then got bored. For me at the time, I could never really find anything to replace WoW (tried GW, LotR, COV, COH) and then once I got sick of WoW, mmo's just seemed like pretty cheap games.

Final Fantasy was the only MMO that got me away from WoW for more then a split second.

Autopops
01-07-2012, 06:33 AM
city of heroes is old news

Blaze
02-08-2012, 08:19 AM
I have also experience this game and it is a amazing game and believe me this is a very good game for the time spending so please try this game.

CraeSC111
02-09-2012, 04:01 PM
I played for a while at my friends place but I never really got around to getting it myself