PDA

View Full Version : My Review on Black Ops

gameboy99
01-16-2011, 09:00 PM
****ing. Unbelievable. Awesome. I'm speechless.

That's all I can say.

BobTD
01-16-2011, 09:20 PM
I dunno, this could have been a post in any other thread. I take it you just got it?

The problem here is, if your that impressed with the game how many other shooters do you own? I thought there was a lot to be desired personally. There are a lot of cheep tactics and exploits here. And the continued trend of non dedicated servers is disturbing.

Flab-Ender
01-16-2011, 09:31 PM
I find it to be very similar to CoD Modern Warfare 2, maybe not even as good.

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 06:51 AM
I don't think Black Ops re-invents the wheel or anything, it isn't special.
I was really disappointed in it. Can't believe Infinity Ward and Treyarch are now in turn churning out games every single year, it's just the recipe of a ****ing fail game.

Bring back the old Call of Duty way, when it actually felt like a Call of Duty game! ****ing money grabbing, fat knobheads.

Flab-Ender
01-17-2011, 09:59 AM
I don't mind Infinity Ward doing this, but Trey Arch I have a problem with. They are not a good game maker in my mind. They either need to spend more time on their games, or just stop all together.

xXwfcXdevilXx
01-17-2011, 10:29 AM
I Love Black Ops Couldn't Say anything better myself :D

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't mind Infinity Ward doing this, but Trey Arch I have a problem with. They are not a good game maker in my mind. They either need to spend more time on their games, or just stop all together.

MW2 wasn't a massive hit though in terms of how many people actually loved it. It sold so much due to pre-orders and curiosity, and people played it just because it was the latest version of the game. I racked up more hours on Blops in a month compared to what I did on MW2, after a full year of owning the game.

Makes me sad that they're losing touch :(
IMO, they skipped through the ages far too fast. I mean, wtf happened to a Vietnam dedicated game? Sure, Vietnam was a feature in Blops, but not enough of a feature! They need a Call of Duty: Vietnam.

Vietnam is interesting as ****. So much **** went on regarding the actual operations in Vietnam and the media influence in general; mix that with Nixon's **** ups, controversy and the violent and reserved strikes made by students and others, then you have yourself a really good game to be involved in!

Ilyich Valken
01-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't think Black Ops re-invents the wheel or anything, it isn't special.
I was really disappointed in it. Can't believe Infinity Ward and Treyarch are now in turn churning out games every single year, it's just the recipe of a ****ing fail game.
Technically, there are two years between the games being released, at least in terms of game developers. IW would release one every other year, then Treyarch would release one the next year, and then develop the next while IW released theirs.

Treyarch are a LOT better at making good games in the long run as they actually listen to the community and fix problems swiftly, unlike IW did. And now that IW has been gutted, ravaged and torn apart by that money-hungry pig Kotick, they're not going to be releasing anything resembling what they once did.

MW2 wasn't a massive hit though in terms of how many people actually loved it. It sold so much due to pre-orders and curiosity, and people played it just because it was the latest version of the game. I racked up more hours on Blops in a month compared to what I did on MW2, after a full year of owning the game.

Makes me sad that they're losing touch :(
IMO, they skipped through the ages far too fast. I mean, wtf happened to a Vietnam dedicated game? Sure, Vietnam was a feature in Blops, but not enough of a feature! They need a Call of Duty: Vietnam.

Vietnam is interesting as ****. So much **** went on regarding the actual operations in Vietnam and the media influence in general; mix that with Nixon's **** ups, controversy and the violent and reserved strikes made by students and others, then you have yourself a really good game to be involved in!
Again, not to be an ass here, but it was never meant to be a Vietnam game. They said there would be some gametime in Vietnam, but that for the majority of it, that you would see a variety of venues from the Cold War.

Jayhmmz
01-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Technically, there are two years between the games being released, at least in terms of game developers. IW would release one every other year, then Treyarch would release one the next year, and then develop the next while IW released theirs.

Again, not to be an ass here, but it was never meant to be a Vietnam game. They said there would be some gametime in Vietnam, but that for the majority of it, that you would see a variety of venues from the Cold War.

I am aware of the specifics in terms of there being a two year gap between the games, but what I'm getting at is that with there being a CoD release every single year, it's just getting old.

And in response to your comment about the Blops campaign, I am fully aware it was never meant to be a Vietnam game; again that isn't what I was getting at. I was merely stating that they missed out a Vietnam game completely, when it was such a significant piece of War history. The only reason I mentioned Blops, is to silence people before they typed out anything in response, about Vietnam being a small feature in Blops; I was simply saying that even though it was a feature, it still didn't satisfy my personal needs and the issue I was pointing out.