PDA

View Full Version : Activision to PS3 Black Ops Player: Shutting Down PSN Servers an Option

W1CKEDTW1STED
01-19-2011, 07:33 AM
I would copy and paste, but too much formatting...

Check it out here (http://www.respawngaming.com/news.php?readmore=404).

Jokersvirus
01-19-2011, 08:30 AM
So the option to shut down the servers is based off hackers and other scumbags not wanting to play the game correctly?

Im not a Ps3 person so how is that network having such an issue with hacks and other things.

EpsilonX
01-19-2011, 10:49 AM
So the option to shut down the servers is based off hackers and other scumbags not wanting to play the game correctly?

Im not a Ps3 person so how is that network having such an issue with hacks and other things.

I don't see anything related to hacks in the article, or the blog post. It's simply connection issues, and they're refusing to deal with it and saying they might just pull the plug on it.

edit: nvm, found the part about hacks. I completely missed that the first time, however I don't think the blog post was related to the hacks

Jayhmmz
01-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Well it's everyone's fault that is related to the security of the video games for the PS3 and games in general, for not having a good enough hack prevention counter-measure, idiots. They wouldn't be moaning so much then.

Ilyich Valken
01-19-2011, 11:07 AM
I can understand that they don't want to have to bother dealing with all the hackers and what not (especially with the ease that people can just create a new PSN account) but is shutting down the servers for all of the people that are honestly playing the game a good option? No.

THIS here is why Activision is what's killing the gaming industry. Got a problem? Get rid of it instead of fix it, we can always replace it with something that works and doesn't cause us to actually put work into something.

BobTD
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
I lol because I stopped being a fan of COD games after the first modern warfare. Everyone has dedicated servers but them, they wanted to make a larger profit despite the lower quality and now no one should be surprised to hear this.

I wonder if not having dedicated servers makes it that much harder to effectively counter game abuse. It probably does.

If they did send out seal copies of all those games there is no saying for sure the retailer will take it back, especially without a sales slip. And not everyone will be happy if they dont have a PS3.

I might go look up a list of "equal or lesser value" products, but thats subjective to the cost when it was purchased to now. Still going to be a lot of angry people if they close the PS3 service.

Ilyich Valken
01-19-2011, 01:33 PM
I wonder if not having dedicated servers makes it that much harder to effectively counter game abuse. It probably does.

Not necessarily. MW2 got rid of dedicated server support and people *****ed up a storm because they couldn't use their mods anymore.

V i OwnZz x
01-25-2011, 01:27 PM
I think its a little too harsh!

Hearmeman
02-06-2011, 05:34 AM
i heard from my friends there is lot of problems on the PS3 im playing on XBOX