PDA

View Full Version : Slash dislikes Glee

EpsilonX
01-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Glee Gives Slash No Joy | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/glee_gives_slash_no_joy.html)

Slash says you’re not likely to hear Guns N’ Roses songs performed on Glee any time soon – the show’s request to use GN’R tracks has already been knocked back once.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, the guitarist said: “Actually, we got asked about that once already but it got turned down. In the current climate of what’s going on in entertainment these days, I try to be more optimistic than negative because it’s really easy to get negative about it, but I draw the line at Glee.”

Slash went on to say, “Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough… When Grease came out I was like, “Oh, c’mon, give me a break.” Actually, I look at Grease now and think: Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a brilliant work of art.”

There's more to the article, but that's the important part. Thank god lol

LysiaMoon
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
I think Glee has some very talented cast and it's great that they demonstrate equality by having mixed race/ability/sexual orientation/popularity etc as it raises awareness on these issues. However, it's should stick with sickly sweet/cheesy pop tunes and not EVER use rock music! It's kinda cute when they do Britney Spears and Lady Gaga but I really don't think GnR would work and they were right to deny Glee's request to use their songs! I'm not a huge fan of the show but I appreciate what it is and what it's trying to achieve, good on them, but NOOOOOOO to using anything other than pop!!!! :)

Ilyich Valken
01-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Glee Gives Slash No Joy | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/glee_gives_slash_no_joy.html)

There's more to the article, but that's the important part. Thank god lol

Hahaha finally something worthwhile comes out of him.

insert_cliche_here
01-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I used to watch Glee, but then I saw the Rocky Horror episode. My god that was terrible :/

LiNuX
01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm not a fan of Glee either.

And Slash has been making random appearances on Conan which is awesome.

Jokersvirus
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
I hate Glee, just something about it that drives me into a fit of rage. That show just makes me wonder why it has not been banned for 8th amendment violations.

Jayhmmz
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
As Lysia pointed out, the show does broadcast the right messages; however, it is very cheesy and quite cringeworthy >.<

leica
01-19-2011, 07:00 PM
worst show
worst band
i couldn't care less