PDA

View Full Version : How big of a fan are you of the artists you listen to? lol

Project Blaze
01-20-2011, 10:27 AM
I know, kinda... weird... but I just felt like being a little weird today. XP

How much of a fan are you of your favorite artists? I mean, would you be able to stalk 'em for a while or just a casual typical fan? O_o

I just gave myself the idea to post something like this becaauuuse I listen to a lot of female artists that I really like listening to. Industrial and Punk only, with the exception of Evanescence. I could, but maybe I can just get away with that because they're female artists. XD I dunno why I like female voices so much though. Just somethin' about when they're singing that puts me at ease. I know, weird, but like I said: I feel like being a little weird today! XP

Polishkid
01-20-2011, 10:42 AM
portal - im still alive!!!

Project Blaze
01-20-2011, 12:37 PM
O_o I'm kinda confuzed, do you mean that's the band? :x

Jayhmmz
01-20-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm a general fan of bands, as in I would love to hang with them but not stalk, but I buy their music if they're worth it :)

Project Blaze
01-20-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm a general fan of bands, as in I would love to hang with them but not stalk, but I buy their music if they're worth it :)

lol Am I the only stalker? I feel so left out! ;_;

But that's kuwl to wanna hang out with 'em. Not as kuwl as stalking would beh though. lol jk :P

EpsilonX
01-20-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, I waited outside the venue for like 4 or 5 hours because dream theater was playing but it was sold out, and i managed to get tickets AND meet the band. I refused to miss that show. I think the only bands I would, as you put it, "stalk" are the ones with hot female singers. And i'm not saying that to be creepy or anything, but bands like Lacuna Coil and Epica have good looking vocalists, and I want to meet them at least once. Be able to see them in person, hopefully get a hug and a picture too lol. They're not my favorite bands musically though. This year, I met a few of my favorite musicians, like the guys in Dream Theater and Dave Mustaine from Megadeth. I also wanna meet Marty Friedman, the members of Avenged Sevenfold, and the members of Queen. I'd say those are just about the only musicians I want to meet because I'm a fan of the band.

Jayhmmz
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I also wanna meet - the members of Avenged Sevenfold

Minus The Rev :'(
sadface

Also, you've met Dave Mustaine, amagad.

Project Blaze
01-20-2011, 03:58 PM
Yea, meeting them would be kuwl. I dunno why I keep using that stalking word... maybe I'm just disturbed. lol I dunno, but "normally" meeting them would be kuwl too. Maybe I'm just one of those really fanatic... fans... or... something along thoze linez. I never waz really "normal". lolz So I guess if I couldn't meet 'em in person I'd end up stalkin' 'em jus' cuzzz I'm that much a fan of female vocalists. The onez I listen to anyway. XD

EpsilonX
01-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Minus The Rev :'(
sadface
I met Mike Portnoy, does that count?

Also, you've met Dave Mustaine, amagad.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs314.ash2/59477_1632320092718_1378125584_1705901_5690808_n.j pg

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 06:26 AM
I met Mike Portnoy, does that count?

That will definitely do :D
What a man, skillz to say the least.

It's a pity Mustaine wasn't in Metallica for too long. Would have been interesting to see what things would have been like if he stayed in the band. Least they still have James :D I was super gutted that Jason Newsted left as well :( I seen him on a video blog lately, he looks in a bad way :/ Or he's just aged badly... although Trujillo is awesome too :)

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 12:21 PM
That will definitely do :D
What a man, skillz to say the least.

It's a pity Mustaine wasn't in Metallica for too long. Would have been interesting to see what things would have been like if he stayed in the band. Least they still have James :D I was super gutted that Jason Newsted left as well :( I seen him on a video blog lately, he looks in a bad way :/ Or he's just aged badly... although Trujillo is awesome too :)

It wasn't that long ago that they got inducted into the Hall of Fame, and he didn't look old or anything at that

Jaykub
01-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I'm obsessed with my favorite 2 bands.

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 01:55 PM
I'm obsessed with my favorite 2 bands.

Who are your favourites, mate?

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 02:56 PM
Who are your favourites, mate?

Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot.

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Avenged Sevenfold and Slipknot.

Good man!
Fan of Stone Sour?

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Good man!
Fan of Stone Sour?

I think he likes them but not nearly as much as Slipknot

leica
01-21-2011, 04:49 PM
while(true){
for($i=0;$i<length($artists);$i++){
obsessWith($artists[$i]);
}
}

in other words i continually obsess with one artist at a time for a week or two, then another, and so on until i run out and start obsessing with one ive obsessed with previously.

LysiaMoon
01-22-2011, 07:08 AM
I don't understand the whole 'stalking' a band/popstar etc.
I think people fail to realise that they are exactly the same as us, they just excel with their talent and are propelled into the media.
I mean you wouldn't get away with stalking a boy/girl you go to school with, you'd probably get arrested!!
I think its great to be really into something and be loyal to your favourite artist but I can never see them as more then anyone else! I've met some of my favourite ever bands, filmstars, tv stars and I've never felt starstruck! I've been in a couple of films as well and even people playing minor parts would be soooo stalky to the well known actors, it was creepy! But each to their own, I mean if you feel strongly enough about something that it gets to the point where you wait for hours to get a glimpse or you follow everything they do, then that's a personal choice! To be fair.... if I met Daniel Craig I'd probably just stare and stare and stare ahaha! He's beautiful!!!!

EpsilonX
01-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I think people fail to realise that they are exactly the same as us, they just excel with their talent and are propelled into the media.
I mean you wouldn't get away with stalking a boy/girl you go to school with, you'd probably get arrested!!
I think its great to be really into something and be loyal to your favourite artist but I can never see them as more then anyone else! I've met some of my favourite ever bands, filmstars, tv stars and I've never felt starstruck! I've been in a couple of films as well and even people playing minor parts would be soooo stalky to the well known actors, it was creepy! But each to their own, I mean if you feel strongly enough about something that it gets to the point where you wait for hours to get a glimpse or you follow everything they do, then that's a personal choice! To be fair.... if I met Daniel Craig I'd probably just stare and stare and stare ahaha! He's beautiful!!!!

well at first it's like sweeeeeet i'm meeting this guy! Like when I met Dave Mustaine I was just kinda like O.O ....hey....... but when i met the guys in dream theater, i was talkin to them and stuff, i asked mike portnoy about avenged sevenfold, and he showed me his deathbat tattoo, and then he saw the person i was with's tattoo and was like hey sweet what's that say? and so she told him about that, and we talked about some other things

Project Blaze
01-27-2011, 12:46 PM

Nah, I know they're just like us, albeit successful in their own respective ways. I think I crave female attention too much, that and I'm a pretty lonely guy. Sometimes I can get a bit insecure too for that matter. Not that I'm trying to justify the idea of stalking all of the female singers I listen to, just trying to give a reason for it. Sometimes it's better to make up a fantasy than face reality. And believe me, my imagination excels in creating fantasy worlds. lol I guess I just become attached to them because of their singing voices, which in some way makes me relax in a way that some guy singing just doesn't do for me. It's hard to explain... but if this doesn't make sense I could try to elaborate. Might take a while though. lol >_<