PDA

View Full Version : A Number Riddle

LiNuX
09-03-2006, 11:23 AM
A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

What should have he said?

diablo
09-03-2006, 12:19 PM
uh...20? maybe the first people dividies it by 2 and the next multiplies? i dont know :D

Twigz
09-03-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm goin' towards 8 cause two people went before the man did and 10-8=2, so....meh...I donno...I'm always confused like that...even before school starts! LOL

Wang
09-03-2006, 05:00 PM
3, because thats how many letters are in six

(Bouncer said twelve to the first guy, he said six, then boiuncer said six,then the second guysaid three.

LiNuX
09-03-2006, 05:45 PM
wow, i guess riddle is closed it is THREE and i think wang, that u meant to say "thats how many letters in TEN" instead of six, but good job ;D

Twigz
09-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Annnnnnddd....I was gonna say THREE cause 8-3=5 and FIVE was the last thing the dude said....ugh...

LiNuX
09-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Annnnnnddd....I was gonna say THREE cause 8-3=5 and FIVE was the last thing the dude said....ugh...

LOL what? u dont get it, the answer is the number of letters thats in the number the doorman said, he said twelve and the guy said six because there are six letters in TWELVE, and then the guy said three because there are three numbers in SIX, this confused the guy because they thought it was half of the number the doorman said, so he said FIVE to the number TEN, the answer is THREE because there are THREE letters in TEN

Twigz
09-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Hey now, I would have got it in a second if I was in school...LOL

Clayton
09-05-2006, 10:20 PM
i was completely stumped :o