PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3 in development

Renzo
01-21-2011, 07:53 AM
At least according to the LA Times! (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/report-modern-warfare-3-being-developed-by-three-studios/) And they say three different studios will be co-producing it.

Don't know if it'll be out this year yet.

What do you think? Would you buy it?

I did quite like the other two games, but they're just too short!

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 07:57 AM
With three studios co-producing it, it may be IW, Treyarch and Sledgehammer who are doing it... But I can't see Treyarch and Sledgehammer working together :/
Very interesting news!

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder how that will work out, three different producers. Either epic bad or epic good I think.

And for some reason, not to pumped for a third one, I just wanna play the campaign and I'll be good.

Jaykub
01-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I'll be standing in line to get this when it comes out ftw ^_^

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I'll be standing in line to get this when it comes out ftw ^_^

It's probably going to suck balls. To be honest, Black Ops isn't all that great. It's just.. more of same but with bad maps.

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 02:32 PM
It's probably going to suck balls. To be honest, Black Ops isn't all that great. It's just.. more of same but with bad maps.

+1

They haven't even made an effort to differ from it's predecessors, no added twists to the controls (just the new diving animation and the re-introduction of 'lean'), decent but short campaign, boring and frustrating multiplayer... it's just a later version of MW2... Yawn.

Last amazing CoD game was CoD4. WaW was great, but I am biased because I love WWII; the last globally liked CoD game though was CoD4, for sure.

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 02:42 PM

Thank you, I totally agree. But i think the only reason it's bad is because it was made by Treyarch

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Thank you, I totally agree. But i think the only reason it's bad is because it was made by Treyarch

That's.. not the reason it was bad, and is a totally ignorant statement in-and-of itself.

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 03:25 PM
That's.. not the reason it was bad, and is a totally ignorant statement in-and-of itself.

I agree.
I'm getting sick of people hating on Treyarch, they have no clue, no offense Flab. Although, there's just too many bad things being thrown out about Treyarch. They're far more supportive in terms of customer service and giving the gamer what they want compared to the modern day Infinity Ward, I rate Treyarch higher in that respect; Treyarch just tend to make games that are of the same look and feel of it's predecessor from a different dev. World at War was a great game and a pretty successful game, and it changed a lot of people's bias views about Treyarch from when they released CoD3 which wasn't really welcomed warmly into the gaming world, especially when Treyarch completely ignored the PC gamers, that infuriated me.

Give Treyarch a break and stop following the crowd unless you have a good enough reason for your arguement against them to solidly stand :P

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree.
I'm getting sick of people hating on Treyarch, they have no clue, no offense Flab. Although, there's just too many bad things being thrown out about Treyarch. They're far more supportive in terms of customer service and giving the gamer what they want compared to the modern day Infinity Ward, I rate Treyarch higher in that respect; Treyarch just tend to make games that are of the same look and feel of it's predecessor from a different dev. World at War was a great game and a pretty successful game, and it changed a lot of people's bias views about Treyarch from when they released CoD3 which wasn't really welcomed warmly into the gaming world, especially when Treyarch completely ignored the PC gamers, that infuriated me.

Give Treyarch a break and stop following the crowd unless you have a good enough reason for your arguement against them to solidly stand :P

I didn't like either WaW or Black Ops, I think that gives me plenty reason to not like Treyarch. Infact, WaW was one of the worst FPS games I have played aside from the Nazi Zombies.

Jayhmmz
01-21-2011, 03:35 PM
I didn't like either WaW or Black Ops, I think that gives me plenty reason to not like Treyarch. Infact, WaW was one of the worst FPS games I have played aside from the Nazi Zombies.

I thought the campaign was fantastic and the multiplayer was intense and action packed, quite balanced too! It felt like the most balanced CoD game in quite a while to be fair, even more so than CoD4. I feel that it's been the most developer-interactive game that's been released so far. Treyarch listen to the gamers on the forum, and give them what they want in their patches, and they bring out really good patches too, including some awesome content! Infinity Ward release a game, fix the most obvious problems and then leave it, I think that's shocking.

I'm excited to see Sledgehammer Studio's version(s) of CoD.

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 03:40 PM
I thought the campaign was fantastic and the multiplayer was intense and action packed, quite balanced too! It felt like the most balanced CoD game in quite a while to be fair, even more so than CoD4. I feel that it's been the most developer-interactive game that's been released so far. Treyarch listen to the gamers on the forum, and give them what they want in their patches, and they bring out really good patches too, including some awesome content! Infinity Ward release a game, fix the most obvious problems and then leave it, I think that's shocking.

I'm excited to see Sledgehammer Studio's version(s) of CoD.

Well we'll just have to see, and we are entitled to our own opinions.

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 03:48 PM

says the person who argued with me that they're not milking it.

Anyways, I don't think there needs to be any more call of duty games. People just go for the online experience, and from what i've heard the online hasn't changed from mw2...i could be wrong. Plus, the campaigns are supposedly short...

Skipping this just like I skipped all of the other CoD games. Might pick up WaW one of these days to play nazi zombies though.

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 03:58 PM
says the person who argued with me that they're not milking it.

Anyways, I don't think there needs to be any more call of duty games. People just go for the online experience, and from what i've heard the online hasn't changed from mw2...i could be wrong. Plus, the campaigns are supposedly short...

Skipping this just like I skipped all of the other CoD games. Might pick up WaW one of these days to play nazi zombies though.

It really isn't. The only difference on the online is there are a few different killstreak rewards.

And I think the only reason they should make a new one is to finish the story really.

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 04:00 PM
It really isn't. The only difference on the online is there are a few different killstreak rewards.

And I think the only reason they should make a new one is to finish the story really.

It really isn't different from the other online?

I think they should make a new one with a long campaign, and just continue support for online for the other ones. I mean, I know that people continue to buy them mostly for the online, but I'd like to see a strong single player shooter. Might interest me

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 04:02 PM

I think they should make a new one with a long campaign, and just continue support for online for the other ones. I mean, I know that people continue to buy them mostly for the online, but I'd like to see a strong single player shooter. Might interest me

That'd be nice, there aren't really very many of those for the 360. A lot of the games are heavy online.

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 04:16 PM

There ARE FPS games with strong single players. Mind you, it's not going to be RPG strong, because that would just be ****ing retarded, but saying that there aren't any isn't exactly correct.

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 04:18 PM
There ARE FPS games with strong single players. Mind you, it's not going to be RPG strong, because that would just be ****ing retarded, but saying that there aren't any isn't exactly correct.

Like which ones? Bioshock and stuff?

I guess there's Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, that seems like it has a good plot, I just haven't gotten to playing it yet.

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 04:24 PM
Like which ones? Bioshock and stuff?

I guess there's Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway, that seems like it has a good plot, I just haven't gotten to playing it yet.

Bioshock
ODST
Reach
(barring the 1k enemies you fight in each) the CoD campaigns are actually pretty good
Crysis
Singularity
The Darkness..
and a bunch more.

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Bioshock
ODST
Reach
(barring the 1k enemies you fight in each) the CoD campaigns are actually pretty good
Crysis
Singularity
The Darkness..
and a bunch more.

Neither of them are even close to 1 player friendly. Espcially ODST. It was meant for online. And the campagn sucked. The whole game was bad actually.

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Neither of them are even close to 1 player friendly. Espcially ODST. It was meant for online. And the campagn sucked. The whole game was bad actually.

No they weren't... I'll admit that the campaign for ODST wasn't AS good, but it's one of the better stories of the Halo games. And despite being more multiplayer focused, the campaigns were FAR from horrible. The only people I've ever heard complain about Halo sucking was because a) they sucked at it b) complained that you couldn't kill someone within 2-3 bullets with every gun, c) never really played the game or d) A & B.

Flab-Ender
01-21-2011, 04:41 PM
No they weren't... I'll admit that the campaign for ODST wasn't AS good, but it's one of the better stories of the Halo games. And despite being more multiplayer focused, the campaigns were FAR from horrible. The only people I've ever heard complain about Halo sucking was because a) they sucked at it b) complained that you couldn't kill someone within 2-3 bullets with every gun, c) never really played the game or d) A & B.

The campaign for reach is fine, but you can hardly call either of them campaign focused, or 1 played focused.

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Bioshock
ODST
Reach
Crysis
Singularity
The Darkness..
and a bunch more.

The CoD campaigns are apparantly like 4-5 hours long. I want something longer and more fulfilling. I was hoping for something more like Bioshock, where the plot/single player is the focus.

I played the Darkness demo, was okay but never got around to actually playing the game. Crysis is on PC, i'll never be able to play that. So far, Halo series isn't impressing me, but i'm still stuck on that one part in the first game

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 05:16 PM
The CoD campaigns are apparantly like 4-5 hours long. I want something longer and more fulfilling. I was hoping for something more like Bioshock, where the plot/single player is the focus.

I played the Darkness demo, was okay but never got around to actually playing the game. Crysis is on PC, i'll never be able to play that. So far, Halo series isn't impressing me, but i'm still stuck on that one part in the first game
Apparently. You've never played them. So why not rent it and try it?

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Apparently. You've never played them. So why not rent it and try it?

I might someday, but a 5 hour single player is not what i'm looking for in general.

Ilyich Valken
01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I might someday, but a 5 hour single player is not what i'm looking for in general.

Well then I guess that's why you don't play games other than RPGS, because most don't have an excess of 7-12+ hours of gameplay on the normal setting. Anything above Recruit/Normal and it's going to take you longer than said "4-5 hours". Sad, yes, but there's really nothing you can do about it.

EpsilonX
01-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Well then I guess that's why you don't play games other than RPGS, because most don't have an excess of 7-12+ hours of gameplay on the normal setting. Anything above Recruit/Normal and it's going to take you longer than said "4-5 hours". Sad, yes, but there's really nothing you can do about it.

yes, that is part of why i like rpg's so much. They're long, focus on a group of characters that you generally get to know really well, and have rather involving plots, but also have parts where it's not just the mission. For example, in legend of dragoon there's a part where dart and shana go around and play carnival games, stuff like that adds more of a connection to the characters imo. And typically I only play through games once, so RPG's are most worth my money.

yknow what's a great shooter imo? System Shock 2. And Goldeneye 007 for the N64, I heard the one for the Wii is a lot different. Anyways, this is kinda getting off topic. Back to call of duty.

Shooter99
01-22-2011, 01:45 PM

I'll have to agree about Black Ops. It wasn't that great. But MW 3 is going to be one kick-ass game. MW 2 has got to be one of the best games ever created and it's the same thing with this one. I just hope that the US will not be presented as the loosers in this one. In MW the Eastern Coast got nuked and in MW 2 the US got completely destroyed by the Russians. I just hope that in this new release the Americans will be the ones to win the war and I hope that cpl Dunn was right - The US are going to attack Russia (in the game that is) - AND I SURE HOPE THAT MAKAROV IS GOING TO DIE IN MW 3.

Anyway I'm looking forward to MW 3 and I will buy it once it is released. :D

Shooter99
01-23-2011, 07:58 AM

You didn't like World at War? :shocked: I don't like Black Ops a lot, but World at War is a great game - one of the greatest games ever - just explain what is so wrong with the game for you to hate it that bad.

Infinity Ward is better than Treyarch, but come on, World at War was a great game.

Flab-Ender
01-23-2011, 10:03 AM
You didn't like World at War? :shocked: I don't like Black Ops a lot, but World at War is a great game - one of the greatest games ever - just explain what is so wrong with the game for you to hate it that bad.

Infinity Ward is better than Treyarch, but come on, World at War was a great game.

I mean, it's just another call of duty, like the first three, no different. And I don't like the weapons, or the style of play. There is nothing all that special about it.

dor7123
01-24-2011, 08:52 AM
At least according to the LA Times! (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2011/01/21/report-modern-warfare-3-being-developed-by-three-studios/) And they say three different studios will be co-producing it.

Don't know if it'll be out this year yet.

What do you think? Would you buy it?

I did quite like the other two games, but they're just too short!

bro its cod its sopuse to be this length and of course ill buy it any cod is a great game perks weapons attachmants and all that asspects make every second in this game a adrenalin rush if that how u spell adrenalin lol:p

Renzo
01-24-2011, 10:29 AM
bro its cod its sopuse to be this length and of course ill buy it any cod is a great game perks weapons attachmants and all that asspects make every second in this game a adrenalin rush if that how u spell adrenalin lol:p

Hmmm, I finished Modern Warfare 2 with a hangover in less than 6 hours.

Glad I just borrowed it!

To me it seems a bit silly that 3 studios could be used to make a game which could be completed in about 6 hours.

Jayhmmz
01-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Just a quick update for those who don't know, following on from what I said about Sledgehammer Games in either this thread or my Space Warfare thread:

Sledgehammer Games are going to be helping to develop MW3, so it looks like Space Warfare has been fobbed off! WIN. Let's just stick with Halo for Future, Future Warfare, yeh? So this is good news.

MW3 is set to be win, I think.

Jokersvirus
01-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Just a quick update for those who don't know, following on from what I said about Sledgehammer Games in either this thread or my Space Warfare thread:

Sledgehammer Games are going to be helping to develop MW3, so it looks like Space Warfare has been fobbed off! WIN. Let's just stick with Halo for Future, Future Warfare, yeh? So this is good news.

Future realistic games would be kick ass. I would be interested to see what they would come up with for something like that, but ya leave halo for future warfare gaming

EpsilonX
01-24-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm fairly certain I said it there, but just in case I didn't, i'll say it here. They probably only copyrighted the name space warfare so nobody else can use it. Same reason the guitar hero guys copyrighted "guitar villain"

dor7123
01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Hmmm, I finished Modern Warfare 2 with a hangover in less than 6 hours.

Glad I just borrowed it!

To me it seems a bit silly that 3 studios could be used to make a game which could be completed in about 6 hours.

bro you forgot the spec ops wich are pretty long and the multi player asspect wich have allot of creation and you can not finish its in at least 1.5 month

Renzo
01-26-2011, 04:25 AM
bro you forgot the spec ops wich are pretty long and the multi player asspect wich have allot of creation and you can not finish its in at least 1.5 month

True I didn't play the spec ops, but for a game which costs £40+ I'd like to have a bit more bang for my buck when it comes to single player.

That said I was very tempted to look at the same when it was rumoured it'd cost just £25 in some supermarkets. (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2010/11/05/sainsburys-and-morrisons-to-sell-call-of-duty-black-ops-for-25/) (

I didn't jump into the hype though and bought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood instead. I got over 25 hours out of the single player and still play the multiplayer mode!

Shooter99
02-02-2011, 01:32 AM
I knew that they wouldn't be stupid enough to make a Call of Duty game based in space. lol ;)
And I hope that Makarov will will meet his doom and the Ruskies are gonna pay for nuking and attacking the US. :D

Raoul
02-02-2011, 01:52 AM
I knew that they wouldn't be stupid enough to make a Call of Duty game based in space. lol ;)
And I hope that Makarov will will meet his doom and the Ruskies are gonna pay for nuking and attacking the US. :D

Lol who knows what they would make maybe a dead space thingy mixed with call of duty lol that game I would buy and try it out anytime they should call it call of space duties or space of dead duties :laugh1::laugh1:

Shooter99
02-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Lol who knows what they would make maybe a dead space thingy mixed with call of duty lol that game I would buy and try it out anytime they should call it call of space duties or space of dead duties :laugh1::laugh1:

:laugh1: Though I am very suspicious when it comes to sequels, I always trust the Call of Duty series, so I don't think they'll make a bad Call of Duty game - as long as Treyarch doesn't screw it up by making a complete overkill and a poor imitation of an Infinity Ward release. :laugh1:

Jayhmmz
02-04-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm fairly certain I said it there, but just in case I didn't, i'll say it here. They probably only copyrighted the name space warfare so nobody else can use it. Same reason the guitar hero guys copyrighted "guitar villain"

Haha sorry mate I have only just seen this post, but Guitar Villain! MEGA ROFL!

Flab-Ender
02-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Haha sorry mate I have only just seen this post, but Guitar Villain! MEGA ROFL!

What in the world would that be like haha?

Jayhmmz
02-05-2011, 11:29 AM
What in the world would that be like haha?

Eps read somewhere that the Guitar Hero guys & girls copyrighted the name just in case someone released a game to counter it and rip it off haha!

Hearmeman
02-06-2011, 05:29 AM
HELL YEAH mw3

HappyMcSlapsAlot
03-15-2011, 01:31 AM
I may move the the Battlefield Series again.... Ah who am I kidding, COD is like crack to me.

Jayhmmz
03-15-2011, 07:50 AM
I may move the the Battlefield Series again.... Ah who am I kidding, COD is like crack to me.

CoD does make you feel compelled to buy every release.. just to see if they have done anything amazing.. which they probably haven't, not these days anyway.

However, with Battlefield, you're always guaranteed something ground-breaking, original and absolutely frigging awesome.

Renzo
03-15-2011, 08:39 AM

I was never massively into Call of Duty multiplayer, mainly due to the endless noise from kids on the servers. What is it that makes it so addicitive to people? The leveling up? The perks?

Jayhmmz
03-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I was never massively into Call of Duty multiplayer, mainly due to the endless noise from kids on the servers. What is it that makes it so addicitive to people? The leveling up? The perks?

You can turn the 'noise' off though ;)
Call of Duty never used to be annoying, like it is now. I think that the perks are a joke. They just benefit people who are too **** to get a high score on their own, most people just get lucky to get a kill-streak. It annoys me how you can actually have a trait which enables you to get kill-streak rewards one kill earlier that normal.. urgh!

Call of Duty was immense, back in the days of having no perks to help you. It was down to pure skill, on the PC. I can't help but feel that the console has destroyed Call of Duty.. it all seemed to go downhill after Call of Duty 3, with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare being the only bright spark worth mentioning. CoD 4, even though it had kill-streak awards, wasn't as annoying and over-kill as the latest CoD games are.. they're just so popular because you feel like you have to keep buying them, because that's what most people have done since the early days.

In regards to people who I like to call the "newbs" to the CoD franchise, aka the people who have only played it on the Xbox 360 and PS3 since CoD 4, I have no idea what compels them to keep playing it every year.
For me, I keep playing it for hope, and hope alone, that Activision and IW/Treyarch will once again revive the franchise, and learn from the original games. It's something that EA and Medal of Honour should do too.. they make an incredible game all round in the shape of MoH: Allied Assault, and then release a gash game for every title after that.. I just don't understand.

Renzo
03-16-2011, 05:02 AM
You can turn the 'noise' off though ;)
Call of Duty never used to be annoying, like it is now. I think that the perks are a joke. They just benefit people who are too **** to get a high score on their own, most people just get lucky to get a kill-streak. It annoys me how you can actually have a trait which enables you to get kill-streak rewards one kill earlier that normal.. urgh!

Call of Duty was immense, back in the days of having no perks to help you. It was down to pure skill, on the PC. I can't help but feel that the console has destroyed Call of Duty.. it all seemed to go downhill after Call of Duty 3, with Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare being the only bright spark worth mentioning. CoD 4, even though it had kill-streak awards, wasn't as annoying and over-kill as the latest CoD games are.. they're just so popular because you feel like you have to keep buying them, because that's what most people have done since the early days.

In regards to people who I like to call the "newbs" to the CoD franchise, aka the people who have only played it on the Xbox 360 and PS3 since CoD 4, I have no idea what compels them to keep playing it every year.
For me, I keep playing it for hope, and hope alone, that Activision and IW/Treyarch will once again revive the franchise, and learn from the original games. It's something that EA and Medal of Honour should do too.. they make an incredible game all round in the shape of MoH: Allied Assault, and then release a gash game for every title after that.. I just don't understand.

Insightful post, thank you. :)

It must also be said that the huge marketing pushes by Activision have also helped the games success. Here in the UK it was the top selling game of last year. (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/ukie-reveal-top-selling-games-of-2010-can-you-guess-what-they-are-train2game/)

Jayhmmz
03-16-2011, 07:04 AM
Insightful post, thank you. :)

It must also be said that the huge marketing pushes by Activision have also helped the games success. Here in the UK it was the top selling game of last year. (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/ukie-reveal-top-selling-games-of-2010-can-you-guess-what-they-are-train2game/)

It was indeed. The only reason being, as you said, the massive marketing push, and the fact that a lot of people had pre-ordered it just because it was a Call of Duty game.. and for no other reasons really! So a games financial success doesn't always tell the story of how it's a good/underachieving/bad game. In Black Ops' case, it was a very underachieving game!

Renzo
03-16-2011, 07:38 AM
It was indeed. The only reason being, as you said, the massive marketing push, and the fact that a lot of people had pre-ordered it just because it was a Call of Duty game.. and for no other reasons really! So a games financial success doesn't always tell the story of how it's a good/underachieving/bad game. In Black Ops' case, it was a very underachieving game!

So I've heard. I hear it's campaign is less than 6 hours long. I know the kids of today like their multiplayer, but I still enjoy a good single player experience.

The Killzone 3 developers say that Half-Life was a big influence on them (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/killzone-3-devs-reveal-influences-what-are-yours-train2game/). I haven't played any Killzone game, but do they have good stories? No FPS has drawn me into the story and characters like the Half-Life games.

Renzo
03-17-2011, 12:56 PM
It's worth pointing out the ignorant, unwashed masses voted Call of Duty: Black Ops as their best game at the Video Game BAFTAs. (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2011/03/17/mass-effect-2-wins-bafta-best-game-while-heavy-rain-takes-3-awards/)

Idiots. ;)

Jayhmmz
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
It's worth pointing out the ignorant, unwashed masses voted Call of Duty: Black Ops as their best game at the Video Game BAFTAs. (http://train2game.wordpress.com/2011/03/17/mass-effect-2-wins-bafta-best-game-while-heavy-rain-takes-3-awards/)

Idiots. ;)

The people who voted for Black Ops above everything else are obviously *****ing remtards. Urgh, people make me sick with their sheep-like following of trends and not being able to form an opinion about something for themselves. Maybe the people who voted Black Ops should try playing Bad Company 2 or even Battlefield 2.. Christ, I would rather play Medal of Honour: Allied Assault over Black Ops, even though it's old and wrinkly.

Exentenzed
03-17-2011, 01:29 PM
With three studios co-producing it, it may be IW, Treyarch and Sledgehammer who are doing it... But I can't see Treyarch and Sledgehammer working together :/
Very interesting news!

Can't say I've followed Treyarch and Sledgehammer much. So out of pure curiosity i have to ask: What makes you say that you can't see them working togheter?

Renzo
03-18-2011, 04:49 AM
The people who voted for Black Ops above everything else are obviously *****ing remtards. Urgh, people make me sick with their sheep-like following of trends and not being able to form an opinion about something for themselves. Maybe the people who voted Black Ops should try playing Bad Company 2 or even Battlefield 2.. Christ, I would rather play Medal of Honour: Allied Assault over Black Ops, even though it's old and wrinkly.

I still think the original Day of Defeat is quite fun when you want a military shooter!

Jayhmmz
03-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Can't say I've followed Treyarch and Sledgehammer much. So out of pure curiosity i have to ask: What makes you say that you can't see them working togheter?

Mainly because Sledgehammer will be out for revenge for being fired, to make the best Call of Duty game yet. I really hope they succeed!