PDA

View Full Version : World of Tanks... wait, what!?

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 06:43 PM
World of Tanks Beta Teaser Trailer (PC) - GameSpot Video (http://asia.gamespot.com/pc/action/worldoftanks/video/6268700/world-of-tanks-beta-teaser-trailer?tag=related_video%3Btitle%3B1)

Is anyone as confused as me after watching that video?
*scratches head*

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Ummmmmmmm? Severely confused now.

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I just don't get it. The sound of a helicopter... race cars... then HOLY **** RUSSIAN AND GERMAN TANKS!

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 07:02 PM
I just don't get it. The sound of a helicopter... race cars... then HOLY **** RUSSIAN AND GERMAN TANKS!

I KNOW! It doesn't make sense.

You look at the beta?

Ilyich Valken
01-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Uh... what? That made... zero sense.

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I KNOW! It doesn't make sense.

You look at the beta?

I don't think I want to, in case my head explodes or something :/ It's just too random, I have no idea what they were thinking with that. I'm just wondering whether the cars are actually gunna be put into the game, or whether it's just some sort of crazy selling point... I don't know! Ahhhh!

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Any idea who it's made by? Or if it's even real lol?

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Any idea who it's made by? Or if it's even real lol?

Wargaming.net apparently... ?? I don't know.

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Wargaming.net apparently... ?? I don't know.

It looks soooo.......fake haha. I don't know what else to say. Cheesy maybe.

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
It looks soooo.......fake haha. I don't know what else to say. Cheesy maybe.

It doesn't look too great either :/ I mean, I've seen better graphics on racing games on the original Xbox.

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 07:52 PM
It doesn't look too great either :/ I mean, I've seen better graphics on racing games on the original Xbox.

I know! When the cars first showed up it looked like they were just sliding around, not really rolling haha.

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 08:29 PM
I know! When the cars first showed up it looked like they were just sliding around, not really rolling haha.

As well as that, the textures are horrible!! Eurgh!

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 08:31 PM
As well as that, the textures are horrible!! Eurgh!

Ya......but I cause you can't really dog on it too much.

First off, it may not even be real, second, it's on its beta haha.

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Ya......but I cause you can't really dog on it too much.

First off, it may not even be real, second, it's on its beta haha.

They beta make it good... OHHHH see what I did there!? Oh I went there.
Anyway, I hope it's a joke... because it looks like a joke!

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 08:34 PM
They beta make it good... OHHHH see what I did there!? Oh I went there.
Anyway, I hope it's a joke... because it looks like a joke!

Wow, just wow.......

Diligence109
01-25-2011, 08:54 PM
haha this video is full of "lolwut"

in case there are any of you who are still/actually confused - the cars aren't a part of the game; the actual game is a massively multiplayer online 3D tank battle game. The trailer here is just a spoof to make you think "oh it's a street racing game or something cool" and then it's like "NOPE LOL TANK SAYS HELLO"

Also, yes, those graphics and animations are atrocious. Even the untrained eye cries watching that video XD

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM

in case there are any of you who are still/actually confused - the cars aren't a part of the game; the actual game is a massively multiplayer online 3D tank battle game. The trailer here is just a spoof to make you think "oh it's a street racing game or something cool" and then it's like "NOPE LOL TANK SAYS HELLO"

Also, yes, those graphics and animations are atrocious. Even the untrained eye cries watching that video XD

Thank you for the enlightenment :D
Well, it's pretty clear that this game is going to fail on visuals, potentially game play and the obvious fact that it's getting made to be an MMO... I mean again, lulwut!?

Flab-Ender
01-25-2011, 09:00 PM

Lol I figured as much. So it's no good?

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Lol I figured as much. So it's no good?

It definitely does not sound good! I'm staying well away from this one, personally.

Jaykub
01-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Whoever made this needs to check into rehab.

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Whoever made this needs to check into rehab.

Haha, indeed. The whole thought and theory behind it is just... waffles!
Actually no, this isn't waffles, it would be doing waffles an injustice for me to waffle this game - this game is sprouts!

Jaykub
01-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Haha, indeed. The whole thought and theory behind it is just... waffles!
Actually no, this isn't waffles, it would be doing waffles an injustice for me to waffle this game - this game is sprouts!

It looks like they took 3 ****ty games and made it into one :huh:

Jayhmmz
01-25-2011, 09:45 PM
It looks like they took 3 ****ty games and made it into one :huh:

Lmao. It does actually look like a retarded version of Need for Speed, All Points Bulletin and Company of Heroes. It's an insult to those games! Well, apart from APB 'cause let's face it, that fell on it ass!

Diligence109
01-26-2011, 03:09 PM
so last night I went to the World of Tanks website just to see what it was about and then this happened

Hello!

This is a notification letter to inform you that an application form for participating in World of Tanks closed beta test was filled in for this email. If this letter was sent to you by mistake or if you do not want to join World of Tanks closed beta, ignore this letter.

Below is your invite code for participating in World of Tanks closed beta test:

(code editted out)

The invite code can be used only once. In you handle the invite code to a third party, you will not be able to pass registration in World of Tanks closed beta test or get another invite code.

To register in World of Tanks closed beta test, please follow the link below:

New User Registration :: World of Tanks: (http://game.worldoftanks.com/registration/)

If any problems regarding your registration occur, please contact our tech support at support@worldoftanks.com

so I might try it and post loltastic results here

tl;dr - I got invited to the closed beta for World of Tanks

Jayhmmz
01-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Haha, that is random! You must play it so you can report to us all of the craziness!

Mine
02-08-2011, 04:17 PM
But, tanks are awesome. How can you go wrong with tanks.

only one can claim best facebook status (http://www.postrandomonium.com)

Jayhmmz
02-08-2011, 05:54 PM
But, tanks are awesome. How can you go wrong with tanks.

You can go wrong if they're in a **** game. This game will be ****.

ROFLBRYCE
02-08-2011, 07:34 PM
When I first found out about it, it sounded pretty cool. Seeing a trailer now, just looks...like I won't be buying it any time soon, haha.

Flab-Ender
02-08-2011, 09:01 PM
When I first found out about it, it sounded pretty cool. Seeing a trailer now, just looks...like I won't be buying it any time soon, haha.

You saw it before that trailer?

Jaykub
02-09-2011, 12:15 AM
You saw it before that trailer?

He probably just read about or something I'm guessing.

Exentenzed
02-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Dude... Wait, what?

Im still stuck on where as there is ANY point at all to that video.
You know, except showing off their horrible graphics.

Jayhmmz
02-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Dude... Wait, what?

Im still stuck on where as there is ANY point at all to that video.
You know, except showing off their horrible graphics.

Well, I can't see anything more than that either :P
If a game looks horrendous then I will not be buying it, regardless of game play (which also looks gash.)

Lanzer
05-13-2011, 04:14 PM
I've been playing World of Tanks since the beta. Even then it was a solid game. Sure once you play for awhile you will find some things to bark at, however if you like the sound of having an intense fast paced tank battle this game is seriously worth considering.

The game is free to download and play. If you feel the need, you could purchase gold but it by no means a hindrance to you.

It is by far one of the best battle games I've come across. If you are thinking it is too good to be true for a free game, it truly isn't.

I could write a wall of text to try and explain the Russian developers odd advertisement videos, however I feel a video of the intense warfare I participate in daily would say far more than I ever could.

Enjoy watching the heavy tanks destroy each other. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GSp6UHQcI)

P.S. For in-depth, this review by Jayhmmz is worth the read. (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19372&highlight=world+tanks)