PDA

View Full Version : Problem... Can anyone help please

jdepratti
09-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I just purchased World of Warcraft and Ghost Recon 2.

I installed and i get these errors...

For WOW

---wow is unable to start 3D acceleration. please make sure DirectX 9.0 is installed and drivers are up to date...

For Ghost Recon

---Crash in application version: 29980.2562

Failed setting up render device.

Renderer: normal
Physics : threaded

I have a 2.4 Ghz comp...
with cable internet...
i have the INtel Extreme Graphics...

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks

Any ideas would be great

LiNuX
09-03-2007, 03:16 PM
do this for me:

start >> run >> type in "DXDIAG" without quotes >> and see the direct x version - if its lower than 9 then u cant use it

direct x launcher will have a few tests, make sure ur pc passes all of those and try again

i dont think WoW will work on index extreme graphics, u need something with more memory - could also be the age of your pc, usually newer games these days require higher computer specs

lonewolfxix
09-03-2007, 06:50 PM
well first do what it asks you to do. Install the latest version of DirectX by following this link.. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&DisplayLang=en

I must say your graphics card is probably the problem and also you should follow linux's instructions so we can find out more information about your system

Judging by what you've said so far, you should be able to run World of Warcraft without any trouble, but GRAW 2 (ghost recon advanced warfighter 2) will require a PC A LOT better than yours.

edit--
A friend who used to have a similiar spec PC reckons that it shouldn't run either of those games

You're better off getting a new PC or selling those games on ebay as "opened but not used" if possible.. I'm not sure of that.