PDA

View Full Version : Shogun 2: Total War

HamadaLFC8
01-27-2011, 03:12 PM
In my opinion one of the best companies for strategy games!
I fall in love with every single one of their games, here's their latest one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3_hfOl-Wr8&feature=feedu

norid
01-28-2011, 07:14 PM
YES XD. I have Rome loved it...can't wait to get this one

EgorViking
02-26-2011, 03:23 AM
Im fan Total War

Flab-Ender
02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
I love RTS games, one of my favorite genres. I had Medieval Total War or something like that, really good game, sorta hard though. I might have to get this game. Just wish my computer could run these games well.

HamadaLFC8
03-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeahh same here! I would definitely get this game, but my computer can't run it :(

Flab-Ender
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
My computer can hardly run Car Town on Facebook let alone any PC game haha.

paecmaker
03-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I love medieval 2 and there are still sea battles, yay.

HappyMcSlapsAlot
03-14-2011, 03:59 AM
I can not wait to use the clan match feature!! Actually I have been trying to get people to join me on a steam group to get a clan together ahead of time. If you have any interest message me! This game is hopefully going to be as good as I want it to be haha

Flab-Ender
03-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Anyone have any idea how demanding this game is for the comp?

HamadaLFC8
03-14-2011, 08:32 PM
ntel Processor - Core i5-680 3.6GHz
AMD Processor - Athlon II X3 450
Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce GT 240
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 5570 512MB
RAM (Memory) - 4 GB
Hard Disk Space - 20 GB
Direct X - 9
* System requirements displayed are based on recommended system requirements and should be used as a guide only.

Check here for yourself (http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1091&game=Shogun%202:%20Total%20War)

Flab-Ender
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
ntel Processor - Core i5-680 3.6GHz
AMD Processor - Athlon II X3 450
Nvidia Graphics Card - GeForce GT 240
ATI Graphics Card - Radeon HD 5570 512MB
RAM (Memory) - 4 GB
Hard Disk Space - 20 GB
Direct X - 9
* System requirements displayed are based on recommended system requirements and should be used as a guide only.

Check here for yourself (http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1091&game=Shogun%202:%20Total%20War)

Ughhhh, ok well thanks anyways lol.

HamadaLFC8
03-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Ughhhh, ok well thanks anyways lol.

I guess it didn't help haha

Here try this (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/). It will analyze YOUR computer and tell you how well the game will work FOR FREE.

Select the game by either searching for it or selecting it from the drop down thingy.

Flab-Ender
03-14-2011, 09:12 PM

Here try this (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/). It will analyze YOUR computer and tell you how well the game will work FOR FREE.

Select the game by either searching for it or selecting it from the drop down thingy.

Ok, thank you, now that helps lol.

HappyMcSlapsAlot
03-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Any chance anyone wants to start a clan with me? http://steamcommunity.com/groups/shogunemperorUS/

Flab-Ender
03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Disappoitment....system requirment labs says that I cant run it......

HamadaLFC8
03-16-2011, 08:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mSGOxCDFRQ&feature=feedu

Here's a video review, my god I wish my PC could run this! :'(

Jayhmmz
03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
After I've played Medieval II Total War for a bit longer, I'm gunna get straight onto buying this sucka, looks incredible! It's about time my Gaming PC got challenged!

Exentenzed
03-16-2011, 11:55 PM

What an amazingly great site. Thanks Hamada :D

Saph
03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
I owned Rome: Total War, and Medieval II: Total War

I loved them both, especially the Rome one, it was just amazing. These games are hard to enjoy though, if you're not interested in anything Historical etc.

But I was honestly wondering if Shogun was any good? I always thought Total war was more European based warfare games, not so much Asian, does it live up to the list of other strat games they've made? Can anyone give me an idea on how it ranks along others such as the two I mentioned above?

HamadaLFC8
03-29-2011, 10:20 PM
I owned Rome: Total War, and Medieval II: Total War

I loved them both, especially the Rome one, it was just amazing. These games are hard to enjoy though, if you're not interested in anything Historical etc.

But I was honestly wondering if Shogun was any good? I always thought Total war was more European based warfare games, not so much Asian, does it live up to the list of other strat games they've made? Can anyone give me an idea on how it ranks along others such as the two I mentioned above?

I heard it is an amazing game, I can't prove anything though since I don't own the game! you should check out online reviews from sites like IGN and so on

Saph
03-30-2011, 12:01 AM
I heard it is an amazing game, I can't prove anything though since I don't own the game! you should check out online reviews from sites like IGN and so on

Eh I've never really trusted critic reviews and reviews from some big shot kind of person. They always seem to vote in favor of what everyone else thinks just to get their rep as a good critic up =(

I joined this forum in the first place partly because I wanna hear fellow gamers at my own levels opinions on games, who've actually given the game a serious shot WITHOUT thinking about how to put their review out, you know?

Akatosh
04-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Personally the setting doesn't interest me. If they were going to do an entire ancient Far East Total War on the other hand........

Jayhmmz
04-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Personally the setting doesn't interest me. If they were going to do an entire ancient Far East Total War on the other hand........

What kind of units and battle styles would you be looking for?

Akatosh
04-06-2011, 07:33 PM
What kind of units and battle styles would you be looking for?

I liked Rome because every faction felt unique and it took place in a very interesting era of history.

Jayhmmz
04-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I liked Rome because every faction felt unique and it took place in a very interesting era of history.

I totally agree with the fact that Shogun 2 feels like the same faction.. just with a few extra tweaks for each one, which I don't really like.

My favourites were Rome and Medieval II with the Kingdoms expansion :)
However, I do like Shogun 2 for it's graphics, physics, general effects and gameplay; the content could be better.

One major thing that annoys me about Shogun 2, is the aforementioned problem with Anti-Aliasing!

Saph
04-06-2011, 08:49 PM

This.

Ive played Medieval 2 and Rome, and despite Rome being older, it was by far my favorite, just cause of the time it takes place in, and they really captured the importance of following Rome or else! They also caught the feeling of family well, ya know? In Medieval 2 they really went overboard with having someone adopted into your family after almost every fight!!! In Rome it was much more difficult for a commander to get recognized in battle enough for the rest of your family to think about adopting him!

In Medieval 2 there're more features, yes, but Rome is still my favorite, the game just seems better put together and more dynamic and sort of in tune! Its hard to explain, Rome just FEELS the best to me!

Akatosh
04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
This.

Ive played Medieval 2 and Rome, and despite Rome being older, it was by far my favorite, just cause of the time it takes place in, and they really captured the importance of following Rome or else! They also caught the feeling of family well, ya know? In Medieval 2 they really went overboard with having someone adopted into your family after almost every fight!!! In Rome it was much more difficult for a commander to get recognized in battle enough for the rest of your family to think about adopting him!

In Medieval 2 there're more features, yes, but Rome is still my favorite, the game just seems better put together and more dynamic and sort of in tune! Its hard to explain, Rome just FEELS the best to me!

........Words. Of. ****ing. Truth!!!!!!

/BROFIST :D

Saph
04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
........Words. Of. ****ing. Truth!!!!!!

/BROFIST :D

You know it:cheesy:

HamadaLFC8
04-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Agreed!!! Rome Total War was and IS the best!!! I'm thinking of re-installing it ...

Synge
04-06-2011, 11:30 PM
One major thing that annoys me about Shogun 2, is the aforementioned problem with Anti-Aliasing!

You could try forcing AA. They'll be including it in the DX11 patch though so I wouldn't bother.

Still, there's no excuse for releasing an "incomplete" game.

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 07:44 AM
You could try forcing AA. They'll be including it in the DX11 patch though so I wouldn't bother.

Still, there's no excuse for releasing an "incomplete" game.

I tried that within the first hour of having the game on release day :(
It saddened me to realise, that forcing AA doesn't work.. not with an ATi card anyway.. I'm not sure about nVidia.

Sadly, you get used to incomplete games these days.. it seems like more and more developers and distributors are releasing games just to meet a deadline, instead of meeting perfection. In my opinion, developers shouldn't have a deadline to meet, they should be able to work on a project with 100% effort with as much time as they need, in order to make an excellent game. This way, there wouldn't be a need to release a game every single year, like Activision and Treyarch/Infinity Ward. If they made a fantastic game, with long lasting playability, they can afford to just skip a year or two before their next title.

Synge
04-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Ah that sucks. And I agree, there's too much greed in the industry these days. They worry too much about the repercussions of delaying a game and instead release it incomplete and/or bugged to hell.. As if promises of patches make it justifiable. New Vegas, I'm looking at you.

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Ah that sucks. And I agree, there's too much greed in the industry these days. They worry too much about the repercussions of delaying a game and instead release it incomplete and/or bugged to hell.. As if promises of patches make it justifiable. New Vegas, I'm looking at you.

I heard New Vegas was a bit of a disappointment, too, from a friend. I was around at his house when he was playing it, it didn't look as visually impressive as Fallout 3.. I was really shocked with the graphics tbh.. at times, it looked like a PS2 game :S

paecmaker
04-07-2011, 02:15 PM
I heard New Vegas was a bit of a disappointment, too, from a friend. I was around at his house when he was playing it, it didn't look as visually impressive as Fallout 3.. I was really shocked with the graphics tbh.. at times, it looked like a PS2 game :S

Wait, dont F3 new vegas use the exact same engine as F3. And about your friend, did he play it on pc or console?

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Wait, dont F3 new vegas use the exact same engine as F3. And about your friend, did he play it on pc or console?

He played it on console, PS3 to be exact.
I'm not too sure if it uses the same engine.. don't know about that. However, from experience, I just remember Fallout 3 looking like a better game, visually.

Synge
04-07-2011, 06:58 PM
It uses the same (****ty) engine, yeah. It's just a lot more buggy, console version especially, I hear.

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 07:01 PM
It uses the same (****ty) engine, yeah. It's just a lot more buggy, console version especially, I hear.

I can imagine the PC version looking respectable, considering you can control the AA and AF settings.. but the console version just made me wanna throw up.

Synge
04-07-2011, 07:07 PM
It looks alright, better than consoles for sure, but the Gamebryo engine just looks bad in in general. Really glad they're not using it with Skyrim.

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 07:09 PM
It looks alright, better than consoles for sure, but the Gamebryo engine just looks bad in in general. Really glad they're not using it with Skyrim.

If only Fallout looked the same as Mass Effect 2, then I might actually consider buying it.

Synge
04-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I love the games, as buggy and ugly as they are, but I agree, awesome graphics would make them even better. The character animations are just horrible.

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 08:48 PM
I love the games, as buggy and ugly as they are, but I agree, awesome graphics would make them even better. The character animations are just horrible.

The animations do remind me of stiff cardboard cut-outs :P I'm a terrible graphics snob, so graphics have to be equally as good as gameplay, and both graphics and gameplay have to be near perfection for me to like the game.

Saph
04-08-2011, 08:06 AM
I will have to disagree with Synge and Jayhmmz here.

In Rome: Total War, and Medieval 2: Total war, with the graphics high enough, they look quite realistic. If they look like cardboard cutouts, you might need to up the graphics alittle, cause I've never seen cardboard cutouts!

One Total war game where they ARE cutouts, is the original Medieval: Total War. That one is cardboard.

But the rest? Not even close with upped graphics.

paecmaker
04-08-2011, 09:33 AM

In Rome: Total War, and Medieval 2: Total war, with the graphics high enough, they look quite realistic. If they look like cardboard cutouts, you might need to up the graphics alittle, cause I've never seen cardboard cutouts!

One Total war game where they ARE cutouts, is the original Medieval: Total War. That one is cardboard.

I agree about with medieval 2, its truly beautiful on highest. The only thing I get a little annoyed about is sometimes the foot battles. It looks like all the soldiers are waiting in some line before they attack the enemy.

Jayhmmz
04-08-2011, 09:39 AM

You need to learn how to read ALL of the posts you haven't read.
We were talking about Fallout: New Vegas, so now, you look like a fool :P

Nowhere in those posts did we say that Total War had cardboard graphics!

paecmaker
04-08-2011, 09:44 AM

lol I just watched the last posts and thought it was about medieval 2.

And Im truly happy that they use another engine in skyrim(with some other animations I hope) and I hope they use THAT engine in the next fallout.

Saph
04-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Look at the thread name :) If its about Fallout: New Vegas than YOU'RE the one off topic, or someone made a mistake somewhere. :)

Either way, I agree on the stupid queue thing that Total War games all seem to have, I guess in some way its safe to say that thats how games went down?

It just seems not very plausible that battlefield wars in medieval times went down with clusters of people fighting left and right with everyone! I think that most fights actually did happen with both sides fighting on a 'line' which I believe is where front line comes in, that people on the front line probably wont survive cause you go face to face with your opponent. Maybe medieval times is when that happened, the dreaded frontline, the area where both sides clash!

But still, having a mix of them would've been nice, cause obviously, you cant always just have a line like that, especially if you charge eachother its most likely that you wont be able to generate a 'line', then its more plausible that they were just a bigass ant war, lol.

And about cardboard graphics not being said:

Jayhmmz said, and I quote: The animations do remind me of stiff cardboard cut-outs"

If I'm NOT supposed to take that as you calling it cardboard, I dont know what should...

Jayhmmz
04-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Look at the thread name :) If its about Fallout: New Vegas than YOU'RE the one off topic, or someone made a mistake somewhere. :)

My point still stands, and I didn't talk about Fallout first, I replied to a comment made about Fallout.

Synge
04-08-2011, 07:09 PM
He was calling Fallout animations cardboard cutouts.

And I suppose I'm guilty of the thread derailing, but it was just an innocent comparison really.

Saph
04-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Eh who cares, its a forum, what gamers would we be if we werent easily sidetracked? :cheesy:

Or maybe its just me, I guess thats why I like free roaming RPGs so much, I am going on a main storyline objective and I see this cave and Im like "uuuuuu might have shinehs!!!" so I get sidetracked and my little cave exploration might hold a week of doing something else before I go "Oh yeah did I ever complete that main story thingy? Guess not, its here in my logbook!"

So I think its okay to get sidetracked from time to time! However if this was a doctors and surgeons forum Id be alittle worried :cheesy:

Synge
04-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Eh who cares, its a forum, what gamers would we be if we werent easily sidetracked? :cheesy:

Or maybe its just me, I guess thats why I like free roaming RPGs so much, I am going on a main storyline objective and I see this cave and Im like "uuuuuu might have shinehs!!!" so I get sidetracked and my little cave exploration might hold a week of doing something else before I go "Oh yeah did I ever complete that main story thingy? Guess not, its here in my logbook!"

So I think its okay to get sidetracked from time to time! However if this was a doctors and surgeons forum Id be alittle worried :cheesy:

Hahaha, works for me.

And I'm the same with RPGs, I leave no stone unturned.

Akatosh
04-09-2011, 02:53 PM
http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080908/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

paecmaker
04-09-2011, 02:57 PM
http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20080908/Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

Have faith that the gamers will be able to put it on its tracks again.

Who accually have shoguns 2 total war?

Jayhmmz
04-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Have faith that the gamers will be able to put it on its tracks again.

Who accually have shoguns 2 total war?

I do :)
It's epic. The campaign is epic, the multiplayer is epic (although has a few minor bugs) and the graphics are epic. Although, as aforementioned, there is a problem with Anti-Aliasing in the game, which will be sorted I should think.

Saph
04-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Eh, I think I'm done with Total War games for now.

Ancient Asia was just not that interesting a time to me.

paecmaker
04-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Eh, I think I'm done with Total War games for now.

Ancient Asia was just not that interesting a time to me.

Likewise, Im more into the medieval.

Saph
04-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Likewise, Im more into the medieval.

Ditto, I just never had a flare for Asian history cause its all about Me Me Me and how great I am and how weak and pathetic They are. I've studied some Asian history and all throughout it there're examples of the Chinese especially feeling vastly superior to everyone else. It puts me off, and has completely removed my wish to even give Shogun a try, cause it represents a part of human history that I despise quite abit.

Muffincat
04-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Ditto, I just never had a flare for Asian history cause its all about Me Me Me and how great I am and how weak and pathetic They are. I've studied some Asian history and all throughout it there're examples of the Chinese especially feeling vastly superior to everyone else. It puts me off, and has completely removed my wish to even give Shogun a try, cause it represents a part of human history that I despise quite abit.

....wut

Firstly, all of history has been like that. Um, hello, England, anyone? Also Shogun = Japan, not China, and all Asian countries are not the same (though Japan definitely had its imperialism). A lot of Asian countries were extremely peaceful. American/European history is EXACTLY the same way you describe, if not worse :/

Every single Total War game (or RTS in general) has the same premise - conquer EVERYTHING. It being based in Asia pretty much has nothing to do with this. It would be exactly the same if it was... Empire Total War: Rome :/

Jayhmmz
04-09-2011, 04:46 PM
....wut

Firstly, all of history has been like that. Um, hello, England, anyone? Also Shogun = Japan, not China, and all Asian countries are not the same (though Japan definitely had its imperialism). A lot of Asian countries were extremely peaceful. American/European history is EXACTLY the same way you describe, if not worse :/

Every single Total War game (or RTS in general) has the same premise - conquer EVERYTHING. It being based in Asia pretty much has nothing to do with this. It would be exactly the same if it was... Empire Total War: Rome :/

This.

Shogun 2 is basically the same as the rest of the Total War games, but with multiplayer that has more of a variety and fun involved, graphics which are superior to other Total War games and of course different factions and location.

Saph
04-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Eh I guess I just dont like Asian warfare.

My opinion stands.

Jayhmmz
04-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Eh I guess I just dont like Asian warfare.

My opinion stands.

Well of course you have your opinion, but going by the reasons stated prior to you posting this, it didn't really make sense :P

Saph
04-09-2011, 05:37 PM
It did to me!!! :cheesy:

Muffincat
04-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Oh well XD

Our housemate plays Shogun a bunchhhhh. He posted in here a couple times ;P I think he enjoys it XD

Jayhmmz
04-09-2011, 06:22 PM
I'm about to play the Multiplayer - Avatar campaign on Shogun 2 now with two friends :)
Yay!

Akatosh
04-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Personally Saph neither do I but I would play a Total War game based in all of East Asia instead of just Japan, like I stated earlier, using one nation for an entire total war game and having every faction wield basically the same units is unappealing to me gameplay wise.

HamadaLFC8
04-09-2011, 07:26 PM
I wish I could get this game :'(

Jayhmmz
04-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Personally Saph neither do I but I would play a Total War game based in all of East Asia instead of just Japan, like I stated earlier, using one nation for an entire total war game and having every faction wield basically the same units is unappealing to me gameplay wise.

I played the Shogun 2 Avatar Multiplayer with two friends, and we got bored after a little bit, of having the same units :P
So, we played Medieval II: Kingdoms!

Thomas_abeln
05-08-2011, 05:25 AM
I think Shogun is one of the best games in a long while. Good atmosphere and they did not change to much compared to Shogun 1, mostly graphics, only improvements imo.

Jayhmmz
05-10-2011, 12:08 PM
I heard that they're in the process of bringing out a DX11 patch for the game, which may include Anti-Aliasing support, finally!

I'm going to check on Steam now to see if they have released it yet, as I've been away in Valencia for a week!

Callanrobertson
07-06-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm not going to buy shogan 2 until i get a better coumputer i have only got a Xp at the moment soon im going to buy a windows 7 :p

Jayhmmz
07-06-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm not going to buy shogan 2 until i get a better coumputer i have only got a Xp at the moment soon im going to buy a windows 7 :p

Good idea, as Shogun 2 sucks the life out of your hardware! I have a great gaming PC, but I can just about manage to run it at a respectable frame rate when the battles are under way; sometimes it gets crazy laggy though.

frostbite
07-20-2011, 03:32 PM
In my opinion one of the best companies for strategy games!
I fall in love with every single one of their games, here's their latest one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3_hfOl-Wr8&feature=feedu

Rome is the best so far, Medieval total war came close... i've yet to play this, but it does look pretty awesome.

Let's hope they have a good engine for it as well.

Slay
07-20-2011, 03:39 PM
OH MY GAWD!
THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING I NEVER EVEN KNEW ABOUT IT, AND TO THINK I WAS STUCK ON SID'S CIV FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!
Can my comp play this with a 2.0 shader?

HamadaLFC8
07-20-2011, 04:30 PM
OH MY GAWD!
THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING I NEVER EVEN KNEW ABOUT IT, AND TO THINK I WAS STUCK ON SID'S CIV FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!
Can my comp play this with a 2.0 shader?

Can You Run This? (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/)

Click the link, select the game it'll check your PC for you.

Slay
07-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I literaly, before you posted that did major fast googling, and it led me there.
:#
Downloading now.