PDA

View Full Version : New 1000 AD..A free strategy game

dogma
01-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey guys, I just added a few more options to improve playability and to help learn game alot faster. Stop by and create your free account and give it a trỵ

New 1000 AD is the name look it up.

Its a free multiplayer turn based strategy war game based on civilizations around the year 1000 ad. Give it a try if you are bored, its free, what can it hurt :)

Diligence109
01-29-2011, 02:20 PM
lolwut text based strategy game? I'm sure it's fun for some people but that's not my cup of tea XD

sauce: NEW 1000 A.D.: Free Multiplayer text based strategy war game (http://www.new1000ad.com/)

dogma
01-29-2011, 02:25 PM
The market is small I agree. Its not alot of peoples cup of tea , I fully understand that. Its atari compared to xbox basically in todays gaming world. I just dont like change :)

Jaykub
01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Text.. based?.. what?

Muffincat
01-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Can you explain a little more on how a text-based turn-based war strategy game functions? o.o

I ... cannot... see how that would work effectively, and I am too lazy to look it up right now. Plus, seems like you're responding to the thread and I wouldn't mind if you tried to sell us a little more on it :P

dogma
01-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Well I will use standard game to explain the turn based. A person gets 300 turns every 48 hours. You get a new turn every 9 minutes in between that time. Basically the most effective way to play standard is every 40-48 hours. Blitz is a bit more popular since turns come every 3 minutes for obvious reasons.

As for the text based..there are text based games and text based muds. A mud has graphics this game does not. It was made in 1995 or so. I just used the code that was free from the old site that went down. So that is why it is text based, when game was made that was cutting edge technology :)

It certainly isnt for everyone, after 6 months I can attest to it. The game to me is alot like Civilization or Romance of 3 Kingdoms type game. You basically build your empire from scratch and try to win the round.

I will happy to explain anything I havent explained and more than likely havent explained well enough. The gist of it is it is a game with no graphics. You basically read what happens.

When you conquer an empire it will say You took X amount plains land, X amount forest, X amount of mountain lands from the other empire. No pictures. After reading this I even think it sounds a bit dull but I played for 7 years and when site went offline I liked it so much I brought it back. Im probably just a big nerd but hey :)

Diligence109
01-30-2011, 12:17 AM
as long as you've found something that you enjoy that's what counts :)

can't say I expect anyone from this forum to join the game though XD I hope you keep having fun with it :)

Muffincat
01-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Well I will use standard game to explain the turn based. A person gets 300 turns every 48 hours. You get a new turn every 9 minutes in between that time. Basically the most effective way to play standard is every 40-48 hours. Blitz is a bit more popular since turns come every 3 minutes for obvious reasons.

As for the text based..there are text based games and text based muds. A mud has graphics this game does not. It was made in 1995 or so. I just used the code that was free from the old site that went down. So that is why it is text based, when game was made that was cutting edge technology :)

It certainly isnt for everyone, after 6 months I can attest to it. The game to me is alot like Civilization or Romance of 3 Kingdoms type game. You basically build your empire from scratch and try to win the round.

I will happy to explain anything I havent explained and more than likely havent explained well enough. The gist of it is it is a game with no graphics. You basically read what happens.

When you conquer an empire it will say You took X amount plains land, X amount forest, X amount of mountain lands from the other empire. No pictures. After reading this I even think it sounds a bit dull but I played for 7 years and when site went offline I liked it so much I brought it back. Im probably just a big nerd but hey :)

I mean, I know what text-based means XD But... what I meant was... how..do you play? I just can't imagine being like "okay now go attack blahblahblah" "make ten soldiers" or something o.o

I doubt I'll be playing it, because I'd rather just play a strategy game that had graphics, even if they're terrible graphics XD

I'm sure it's got its own charm, though. :)

Exentenzed
02-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Text.. based?.. what?

Ahahahaha! Priceless. :p

dogma
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
I doubt I'll be playing it, because I'd rather just play a strategy game that had graphics, even if they're terrible graphics XD

Win some lose some :)

BobTD
02-06-2011, 11:29 PM
as long as you've found something that you enjoy that's what counts :)

can't say I expect anyone from this forum to join the game though XD I hope you keep having fun with it :)

I have played a few text based games before. =P

Also, I would say this one is a little closer to the Nobunagas Ambition style games rather then the romance of the three kingdoms style. The vassal system far removes itself from tradition turn based strategy, into character management, in my opinion.

Its also interesting to entertain the idea that Evony could have profited from a marriage of the style of gameplay with its biggest downfall being the fact that new servers had to constantly be generated because each was doomed to stagnate under its original system.

@Dogma:

Could you perhaps expand on the optimum time requirements to play this game? I doubt I have time to get involved with it but I do want to know how progressive games are and how they end.

dogma
02-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Generally the best way to play standard game is at full turns , every 48 hours . Blitz has alot more turns so a person can run there at many different times.

EgorViking
02-26-2011, 03:27 AM
cool game !

dogma
06-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Hello

Sorry about bumping the thread since I hadn't posted in quite awhile but have some big changes going on at the site and wanted to let people know. We are moving to a private server today!!! That means no more server crashes and downtime so the game will run a lot smoother.
Other changes since I last posted are we have installed brand new forums, got a new blog for the site , worked on a lot more tutorials to learn the game faster. We have added an auto protection option so if a person doesn't want to explore we do it for them. We will be adding a new game to the site next month as a test server to try out new things. Like new civilizations, Egyptians and Aztec civilization will be added to the game soon also.
Stop by and try out the new server and see if the game runs faster. It better, it costs a lot more :) You can get to the game through this way

New 1000 AD

mmoraven
07-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey dogma,

I hope you don't mind me asking, are you the admin/owner for this game?
I absolutely love browser-based games by the way!

dogma
07-09-2013, 02:00 PM
I hope you don't mind me asking, are you the admin/owner for this game?

Yep. I own the site and admin both games. I also am the trainer in the training alliances. I do everything. :)

SanctionAngel
08-05-2014, 07:45 PM
I wonder if there is a way for us to get a .exe for this game because I love text based games (Commador 64).