PDA

View Full Version : Help me Pick a Game Server for Gamers Forum

LiNuX
09-04-2007, 09:58 PM
I have some great offers from three different companies about game servers, For different reasons - I will NOT post their name, links, or put their price. Their price is basically the same a with a difference of $2 maximum. I will put the names as Company A, Company B, and Company C

You do not need to know anything about servers to answer, this is more about logic by looking at stats and specs.

ok first im gonna tell u server stats and say how good they are companies are Company A, Company B, and Company C

i need a 12 slot public server and they all offer that

Company A - offer 150 FPS server - $XX/month

Company B - offer 250 FPS server - $XX/month

Company C- 300 FPS Boosted server - $XX/month

Company A and Company B are well known companies up for at least 4 years each so they are trusting and reputable and price can be higher

FPS = Frames Per Second - the higher the better

Company C is a 6 week old company - so thats why they are offering a really high FPS with bosted server for the same price ias a 250 FPS non-boosted

boosted is about 3x better than non-boosted

i have to pick between those three companies - from what you read - whats better
they all give the same amount of player slots for near the same price - just difference in specs

Post here your opinions and Vote - I expect to buy a Counter-Strike 1.6 server by next week.

Thank you! All opinions and responses are appreciated!

hollerfromelz
09-04-2007, 10:01 PM
i think B is better because more FPS and its not new..so more reliable

TheKing
09-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Go with company B

It Sounds Good

I wouldnt go with company C because its Novice

Blackleo
09-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Well Company C does offer a strong package but since the company has not been around much that's where it's weakness is so the 2nd best would be company B

FattaT
09-04-2007, 10:52 PM
I say Company B as well.
As long as they have been around for a while and look good.

Also if you need any help at all with setting up the server (amxx, etc) i have had heaps of experience. (but I'm sure you will figure it out)

LiNuX
09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
I say Company B as well.
As long as they have been around for a while and look good.

Also if you need any help at all with setting up the server (amxx, etc) i have had heaps of experience. (but I'm sure you will figure it out)

i probably will figure it out, it'll come with amxx will come installed - i've owned servers before but sponsored servers so i didnt have root access like i will now, but i'll keep u in mind if i need anything, u just need to come on msn more lol :-)

thank you all for your opinions and responses - +rep given to all of you :D looks like company B is winning :rolleyes1: can the others make a come back? Stay tuned for the next episode of...Gamers Forum :D

that would be cool

cwbolton
09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
to be really honest i would wait a month or so see how company c gets on as this is probably a high 1st offer to get members after i think it will drop but after saying that i think Company B as they do a good fps and 250 is great by the way we 3d modlers go at 25 fps and that looks impressive so you wont be dissapointed also company b is a trusted service and more reliable (unlike you server aye linux :) lol jk)

LiNuX
09-05-2007, 12:09 PM
to be really honest i would wait a month or so see how company c gets on as this is probably a high 1st offer to get members after i think it will drop but after saying that i think Company B as they do a good fps and 250 is great by the way we 3d modlers go at 25 fps and that looks impressive so you wont be dissapointed also company b is a trusted service and more reliable (unlike you server aye linux :) lol jk)

i agree that i can wait but i also want to test out more than one company in my life to see how it goes, i've heard a LOT of great things about company b and their staff are willing to help and chat with you - company A sux on support by the way - forgot to mention that i think - Company C also doesnt have a server at the location I want so that could be another problem.

i still have almost a week to decide :-) my new internet comes back Sept 10th, or as im told, and i'll probably get a server by sept 12th. I'll probably pay 3 months in advance for security just incase something happens the week i need to make payment after the first month. I will probably eventually try out company C as well IF i won't pick that for this :-)

thank you all for opinions - +rep given to cwbolton

Arcade
09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I'd say go with Company C unless you see any bad reviews from anyone whose used it. Higher FPS & Boosted so it beats both A and B packages. Have a talk with Company C about downtime and maintence and make sure they will be able to give a refund back if anything happens to said server.

LiNuX
09-05-2007, 01:12 PM
I'd say go with Company C unless you see any bad reviews from anyone whose used it. Higher FPS & Boosted so it beats both A and B packages. Have a talk with Company C about downtime and maintence and make sure they will be able to give a refund back if anything happens to said server.

yea they gave me the best deal, i've spoken to the owner and their downtime is 0% so far in the past 5 weeks or so they've been up - company name has been up for a little longer - they dont have much staff members or customers to hear anything from them - their oldest customer is 3 weeks old i believe - i havent asked about refund but will do so

thanks for post - +rep given

souljaa
09-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I'd say company C, you can try it out for a month, if it doesn't work out good, go with B, but if it turns out good, it's better for you and your players.
By trying C you may gain something, and gain more players :D.
If it really sucks, or aren't reliable etc, go with B, that's my second choice.

LiNuX
09-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I'd say company C, you can try it out for a month, if it doesn't work out good, go with B, but if it turns out good, it's better for you and your players.
By trying C you may gain something, and gain more players :D.
If it really sucks, or aren't reliable etc, go with B, that's my second choice.

i think company c requires me to pay 3 months in advance, well thats what one of their representatives told me late last nite - and right now, none of the staff members are anywhere to be found

Joshuah
09-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Well LiNuX, I think you should go with Company B, one I love the letter B :laugh: two more FPS!! :D

souljaa
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
i think company c requires me to pay 3 months in advance, well thats what one of their representatives told me late last nite - and right now, none of the staff members are anywhere to be found

Ah, yeah, then it's a tough decision, since it's a 3 month in advance payment, I'd say go with B unless you can get refunded or make a deal or something.

LiNuX
09-05-2007, 03:20 PM
Well LiNuX, I think you should go with Company B, one I love the letter B :laugh: two more FPS!! :D

2 more fps where? lol well anyway thanks for ur vote and opinion

i'd +rep u but i just repped you in another thread - i gotta spread it around :D but at least ur up to two blobs

Joshuah
09-05-2007, 03:25 PM
:D I love the blobs :P I have never had bright green blobs though :P

Blackleo
09-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey Linux .... you should give them the update on company C it was funny what u mentioned to me about em on AIM ... lol ....

Lee
09-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Company B as they have reputation and good speed so you should not loose your money where as if company C go on you then your out of pocket.

LiNuX
09-06-2007, 06:22 PM
lol guys - Company C is shut down - irc channel deleted - website gone - company name washed out - owners are no where to be found and their 3 customers are looking for them

lol ??

Lee
09-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Ha, thats the reason for my thread just a minute before you posted that. Now there out of pocket.

Just go with B lol

Blackleo
09-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Well ... nice rip-off ftw ?!?! Lucky u I could have definetly convinced u on going with em last night .... along with your money ... lolz

LiNuX
09-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Well ... nice rip-off ftw ?!?! Lucky u I could have definetly convinced u on going with em last night .... along with your money ... lolz

good thing i dont listen to u much lol

and now Company B is saying they offered me 100 FPS - not 250 FPS server - so now im confused and they are all causing me problems :mad1:

FattaT
09-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Bloody gaming server companies, all dodgy =P

LiNuX
09-06-2007, 07:33 PM
im speaking to another representative of Company 2 lol - seeing if i can get that dam 250 fps deal - otherwise i would have to go with Company A - lol wtf would that be - no one even voted for them lol, thats pretty sad

Arcade
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Server company's all try to rip you off, no matter who you go with. You have to log as many convo's as you can with them. Otherwise you will just get ripped off easily. You have to counter-attack them, give them a bad name if they try.

LiNuX
09-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Server company's all try to rip you off, no matter who you go with. You have to log as many convo's as you can with them. Otherwise you will just get ripped off easily. You have to counter-attack them, give them a bad name if they try.

i cant do the attack on company c if they dont exist anymore lol - i found another company giving 250 servers for $1 more than Company B which is pretty good - i have gotten some IPs to test out their test servers which I will do earlier next week. If they work out - i'll give them a try by paying for a few months and if they are great i'll keep on with them

I'll release the name of the company publically on the forum when i decide and buy the actual server.

and i know most companies try to rip u off but im not dumb - i did log all the conversations since i was comparing several companies - i want to be able to look back what who offered what for how much and etc..

XiMMiX
09-07-2007, 01:46 PM
I dont know mabe go for C but if you want what you wanna here its B

LiNuX
09-07-2007, 01:47 PM
I dont know mabe go for C but if you want what you wanna here its B

read like about 5 posts before you lol - company C is gone :mask: gotta read before posting man lol

xeysz
09-09-2007, 06:12 PM
EDIT: I just read the posts and noticed Company C is gone! Sorry! Go with company B then.

I have to quote this because I agree with it.

Also, since Company C is newer than others as they get better you will probably get discount for helping them grow.

Company C has been going for six weeks so they probably have the hang of it.

Also, everything said in the quote is what I would have said myself. :-)

EDIT: I just read the posts and noticed Company C is gone! Sorry! Go with company B then.

LiNuX
09-09-2007, 07:54 PM
lol haha - a few people said that

but if you read a bit more - company b is also giving me some problems - i may have to go and pick like company E or something lol - but you will know who the company is when i make my final decision

wifi
09-10-2007, 09:09 AM
i picked company b since the other two seem to be crappy, and company c is dead rofl :-P

XiMMiX
09-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Yeah it go with wifi pick B...

diablo
09-10-2007, 10:26 AM
wow some great plans for the forum dont u linux lol :) keep it up and i voted company b

xeysz
09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Like if it turns out that you serve the website yourself!

LOL I am just kidding! ;-)

LiNuX
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
Like if it turns out that you serve the website yourself!

LOL I am just kidding! ;-)

my internet hasnt come back yet - thats just my luck - but if i ever get a better connection i'll just buy or build a server and run the website and the game servers myself, save me some fees - just pay electric bill lol

xeysz
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
That would be so sweet!

And then you also have all the control.:D

Like if anything goes wrong its your fault!!!

I am just kidding again.

But I admit the idea of the server ran by you is really cool!

LiNuX
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
and i'll know its my fault, there is a higher chance that i'll be able to restart that thing in 5 minutes or less rather than submit a support ticket and wait up to 24 hrs for receipt haha, thats big companies for you

xeysz
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
It's the great bonus of having your own server.

And I don't know too much about them, but would this be the only thing you would be able to run on it? Or would you be able to like set up a room on some game that has rooms (like Wolfenstein).

LiNuX
09-11-2007, 10:15 PM
It's the great bonus of having your own server.

And I don't know too much about them, but would this be the only thing you would be able to run on it? Or would you be able to like set up a room on some game that has rooms (like Wolfenstein).

depends on how well he server runs and specs, some servers can host like 10 different games and 5 servers for each game

and i dont understand what you said about rooms on some game that has rooms lol, confused :confused1: