PDA

View Full Version : Metallica Drummer Lars Ulrich sued

EpsilonX
02-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Part-time actor Wiig, who just happens to also play drums in the Jason Newstead fronted band Papa Wheelie, is seeking unspecified damages for alleged state and federal labor violations, breach of oral contract and continuing wages. Wiig said he was paid $45,000 a year, and had an oral agreement for annual bonuses, which he did not receive in 2006 and 2008

Sputnikmusic - Metallica Drummer Sued (http://www.sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=17076)

Read the full article there. ^

Jayhmmz
02-10-2011, 09:39 PM
HAH! Good. I dislike Ulrich, a lot!

Jokersvirus
02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I wouldnt mind a gag like that.. 110 a year plus rent free plus a car. I know the work would suck butt but its not bad.

Ilyich Valken
02-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Wait.. what? What is he getting sued for?

EpsilonX
02-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Wait.. what? What is he getting sued for?

"is seeking unspecified damages for alleged state and federal labor violations, breach of oral contract and continuing wages"

he's not gonna win lmao

Jayhmmz
02-11-2011, 10:34 AM
"is seeking unspecified damages for alleged state and federal labor violations, breach of oral contract and continuing wages"

he's not gonna win lmao

I'm glad. He is a self-righteous twat who destroyed the mid-90s for Metallica and their albums with his **** ideas.

EpsilonX
02-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm glad. He is a self-righteous twat who destroyed the mid-90s for Metallica and their albums with his **** ideas.

It was Bob Rock that pushed them into the more commercial direction though...they brought him in and he focused their ideas into something more accessible. Unless Lars was like "yo i like this lets keep doing this commercial stuff" or something, in which case you're right lol

Ilyich Valken
02-11-2011, 12:25 PM
>_> That doesn't answer my question, unless one were to have gone to link, which I hadn't, they wouldn't have known that Wiig was his personal assistant, making that small blurb you posted kind of confusing.

EpsilonX
02-11-2011, 12:33 PM
>_> That doesn't answer my question, unless one were to have gone to link, which I hadn't, they wouldn't have known that Wiig was his personal assistant, making that small blurb you posted kind of confusing.

The point of not posting the whole thing is so that people went to the link lol. I feel like when I post the entire article it takes away from people going to that site and then getting hits or whatever.

Ilyich Valken
02-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I didn't say to post the whole article, but the small section you did post didn't say anything about Ulrich employing him, just that he was getting sued.

EpsilonX
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I didn't say to post the whole article, but the small section you did post didn't say anything about Ulrich employing him, just that he was getting sued.

yea lol i know. I did that on purpose so people would want to go read the full article lol. guess it didn't work how i hoped...

Ilyich Valken
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
That or I'm just lazy as hell. :P I was kinda tired when I first read it so I was like "...meh"

Jayhmmz
02-11-2011, 05:17 PM
It was Bob Rock that pushed them into the more commercial direction though...they brought him in and he focused their ideas into something more accessible. Unless Lars was like "yo i like this lets keep doing this commercial stuff" or something, in which case you're right lol

Unfortunately, he agreed with it. Lars was the one who wanted the **** drum sounds, which were horrible!