PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Console War

LiNuX
09-04-2006, 11:07 AM
who will win the video game console war? if u didnt know about it, the three major companies are fighting for their right to be the number 1 video game console in the whole planet, the fight is against, nintendo with its WII system coming out in november, microsoft and its x-box 360 that came out last november, and sony and thier playstation 3 thats coming out this november, who do you think will hold the title of number 1? because to them, it is a competition.

the price of the nintendo wii will be $250
the price of the microsoft x-box 360 is $400 i believe
the price of playstation 3 20 gig hard drive will be $500
the price of ps3 40 gig hard drive will be $600

who will win?

TheKing
09-04-2006, 12:52 PM
The definent winner will be Sony Playstations 3 entertainment console.
Eventhough Xbox 360 has jump the gun by releaseing their console ahead
of time, PS3 will still pass them within 2 to 3 years of their release date.
http://www.wpc-fr.net/images/articles/la-ps3-une-date/real-ps3-front.jpg

aosmallan
09-04-2006, 03:35 PM
X-Box rushed production of the 360 to try and get a jump o nthe market, but they did it all wrong. Not only did they competely UNDERSELL the market, they released it so soon, they didn't catch all the bugs =P, there were so many bugs with the first production line 360's lol.

They wanted to get a jump on the market by selling quicker, I believe, but they still wanted to take a commanding role in the supply/demand game, wanting to increase buyer anxiety by creating an even greater demand by selling less than what was promised to retailers. Terrible move, most people were just pissed off. From a business standpoint, because they held off on the shipments, many people at the time who were deciding between the 360 and the PS3 were now given time to think, "Well **** I may as well wait for the PS3 since there aren't any 360's in stock yet. If I have to wait for a 360, I might as well wait for a PS3 now instead." Microft should have over-sold, or at least met the demand, just to get one in peoples homes. Because at that point people could say, "well i already have an XBox, dont need a ps3."

Anyway, PS3 is a way better console. gg microsoft, ps3 wins.

Wang
09-04-2006, 10:17 PM
Pretty much to me, all three can be a winner. Just depends on what you like and dislike. Wii has the price, something never done before with their controller, and looks to be loads of fun..360 games are all about graphics, the only game i have thoroughly enjoyed would be Oblivion. ps3 should be a ps2 infused with steroids..Looks like the parents will need more arm twisting to purchase one of the ps3's then any other systems.

aosmallan
09-05-2006, 02:59 AM
PS3 Graphics processing pwns 360 hands down, plus it can interface with almost anything, digital camera, phones, PSP's anything that has a usb, firewire and almost any other kind of port.
Controlling system for Wii does look damn cool though, but it also looks like something I'd get tired of after a while, sittin there waving my hand around when i just want to sit in peace and laziness doing jack ****, that's why i play video games in the first place. =P

Twigz
09-05-2006, 05:30 PM
I like 'em all...I mean Wii is a pretty good system for an unbelievable price; PS3 has THE BEST GRAPHICS IMO, and XBOX 360 isn't too bad either...I haven't played one video game in about a year now, so I wouldn't really know, just a compilation of what I know about each so far...

Clayton
09-05-2006, 10:21 PM
It will be a fight between ps3 an xbox360

Thor Erik
09-06-2006, 10:51 AM
hope all of them will loose a terrible death to the new super laptop ^^

Clayton
09-07-2006, 07:25 AM
word to that, i will also take comps over consoles :D

diablo
09-08-2006, 02:15 PM
i'll also choose computer over any of the other consoles, i voted ps3 because im a playstation guy and fan, but there is little chance that i'll buy it, it'll be really expensive, cant buy them :'(

KittyCat72
12-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Not sure, but I hope the Wii wins. The others might do good by making more money due to them being expensive. But then again the Wii released 1,000,000(a lot more than the others)!

souljaa
12-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Wii's owning a$$ right now :D.

LiNuX
12-05-2006, 07:15 PM
yea, the wii did have a lot more systems in the market than PS3 did, and its still sold out lol, more supplies are gonna come by christmas time im assuming, or more riots lol

souljaa
12-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Lol. Yeah. I went to like 4 Diff Future Shops yesterday..all Sold out...Best buy same...I went to like 20 stores...all Said nothing until at least 2-3 weeks :'(.

LiNuX
12-05-2006, 07:29 PM
yea, u wont find neither the Wii of PS3 anywhere in the United States or even Japan for a few more weeks lol, all sold out, the company is backed up on productions, they need to hurry up and make more :)

souljaa
12-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah lol! Man...Can't wait to get my hands on one!

KittyCat72
12-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I hope I can get the money for it before they get more. That way I can just go buy it, then if they run out I'd already have it. 8)

myp
12-29-2006, 09:32 PM
360 will win with Wii right behind it. Both will gain market share this time around while ps3 will lose lots of market share. Just my opinion,

btw heres an interesting site to look t which says how many each has sold (it is updated very often, sometimes several times an hour)
http://nexgenwars.com/

LiNuX
12-29-2006, 09:51 PM
http://nexgenwars.com/

thx for the link, lol @ ps3 sales lol, getting whopped, the wii will catch up to the 360 in no time, 360 not selling much anymore