PDA

View Full Version : F.E.A.R. Sequel Offically Called 'Project Origin'

Scott
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
F.E.A.R. Sequel Offically Called 'Project Origin' (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=45747&mode=thread&order=0)
The name was choosen by fans (http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070906005482&newsLang=en)

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced that it has finally settled down on an official name for the F.E.A.R sequel, chosen by the fans, as they submitted entries and then voted for the winning submission. Project Origin, developed by Monolith Productions, will be released for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will publish Project Origin, the videogame sequel to the hit game F.E.A.R., developed by Monolith Productions for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION?3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows?. The name was chosen by the fans, as they submitted entries and then voted for the winning submission.

?Project Origin is the name we can stand behind since it was picked by the gaming community, and this game marks a new beginning for the franchise,? says Samantha Ryan, Senior Vice President, Production and Development, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. ?With the consoles and the PC, we?re dedicated to add a new game dynamic to the universe and build upon what the players loved about the original game.?

?Our team really enjoyed letting the fans drive the naming process, and we are excited to expand upon the work we began in the original game and establish Project Origin as a premier gaming franchise in its own right,? said Troy Skinner, Producer, Monolith Productions.

The sequel will continue the original game?s spine-tingling supernatural suspense story of an escalating paranormal crisis that threatens to destroy a major American city. At the center of the calamity is the mysterious Alma, whose rage against those who wronged her triggered a chain of events that have spiraled completely out of control. Now that she has free reign, the consequences will be unimaginable.

i just hope they make the game more scarier there were only 3 times i jumped in F.E.A.R.

lonewolfxix
09-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Man I saw this article before and forgot the name.. that made me feel stupid.. thanks for posting this article so i remember :D

Ghost
10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
sounds good fear was a good game i am glad they making a sequl

Scott
10-09-2007, 03:56 PM
Where'd you dig this up from it's over a month old!. *locked*

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 04:25 PM
dood a month isnt that old actually and i didnt even know about this so i am unlocking this forum. Didnt LiNuX say that it should be open for 90 days anyway

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
linux didnt say anything lol - i cant determine what you guys think is old :/

well to abitrate this dispute - just keep this thread open for now - its still pretty new news in the gaming world and we allow all responses

i think old is when its on the third page of that board or something lol - for now but when more threads get opened old will be the 10th page :D

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Yep i found this thread very useful because i wanted to know about this for some time. Although i swear u said something about 90 days old in a topic about not closing topics because of traffic lol

LiNuX
10-09-2007, 04:53 PM
i did say something about 90 days but didnt say anything about close all 90 day old threads lol - i was arguing against that and to keep all threads open for seo reason and again - if someone googles F.E.A.R. there is a chance they come to this page and if they cant post they leave - something i dont want

and how come i never saw this thread before lol - opened early sept when i had internet issues but still lol

Scott
10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
I'd think if the last post was a month ago then the thread should be locked. I mean nobody is talking about it any more!. And they will most likely release some screen shots at the beginning of the year to get the game some hype

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 07:44 PM
Thats true but like i said i found this useful when it was unearthed lol. Extremely useful more like because i am a big F.E.A.R fan lol

Scott
10-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Thats true but like i said i found this useful when it was unearthed lol. Extremely useful more like because i am a big F.E.A.R fan lol

As lonewolfxix says its old now. I don't know how you could have missed it, I found the info on gamespot a while ago....

Jasperking
10-09-2007, 07:48 PM
I missed it because i wasnt here till September 4th remember. But if you mean across the net. I haven't looked info up on F.E.A.R in a while

Ghost
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
i didnt like fear. all the enimies were the same boooooring

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 10:35 AM
lol then you dont like true fps games :p because fear was awesome

Scott
10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
i didnt like fear. all the enimies were the same boooooring

Yeah the enimes were too alike but Killzone 2 is the same. The AI did make the game a little better though

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 11:10 AM
yeah the AI for the FEAR was ment to be one of the best. The expansion had even better AI too

Scott
10-10-2007, 11:31 AM
yeah the AI for the FEAR was ment to be one of the best. The expansion had even better AI too

It is smart... at first then it just feels likie killing the same guy over and over... like the big daddies in bioshock

Jasperking
10-10-2007, 11:38 AM
lol yeah the big daddys in bioshock really pissed me off. It pissed me off so much i would always slaughtered the kills for making me fight big daddys

Ghost
10-10-2007, 11:49 AM
big daddies are tough. especially when u got no ammo