PDA

View Full Version : halo: combat evolved remake coming this holiday!

flyguy2097
02-16-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/04/halo-combat-evolved-hd/

Joystiq has learned that the previously rumored remake of Halo: Combat Evolved will indeed launch this holiday season for Xbox 360 with a full visual overhaul. Sources explain that the re-release is not Bungie's 2001 Xbox game simply running at a higher resolution -- it's being remade with new art assets. While Halo's audio will likely remain unaltered, the controls will allow for more recent Halo configurations.

The Halo: Combat Evolved remake is allegedly being developed by New Jersey-based Saber Interactive, the company behind TimeShift and Namco's upcoming Inversion, but we've been unable to confirm the nature of the engine powering it. We understand that it's something other than the Reach engine.

The Halo: Combat Evolved update, one of two Halo games currently in development under the watchful eye of 343 Industries, is expected to support 1080p resolution and 3D televisions. Details on multiplayer are supposedly still being worked out, but we understand the remake will likely feature online co-op (the original game supported two-player split-screen co-op).

The game is expected to re-evolve on November 15, 2011, ten years after Halo: Combat Evolved launched alongside the Xbox. Our sources didn't know of any plans to similarly upgrade the recently disconnected Halo 2, but it's hard to imagine Microsoft playing favorites with its biggest franchise.

Jokersvirus
02-16-2011, 03:31 PM
\Im willing to bet they will change up the storyline a bit, add in stuff that shouldnt be there annoy fans of the game etc etc.

Ilyich Valken
02-16-2011, 04:09 PM
\Im willing to bet they will change up the storyline a bit, add in stuff that shouldnt be there annoy fans of the game etc etc.

I doubt they will, they're recycling the audio, so there's not much they'll be able to add-in with out having to record more and risking ****ing it all up.

Shixx
02-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah Timeshift was not very good so I don't know.. how this will end up.

Flab-Ender
02-16-2011, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, I hope its good. I'd love to see this updated and such.

paecmaker
02-17-2011, 08:44 AM
I cant whait. when will it come and wich studio is making it.(I dont think it is bungie)

EpsilonX
02-17-2011, 11:27 AM
I hope the level design isn't as annoying. Right now i'm stuck at a part with really low health and no medkits, and theres like an endless supply of those exploding flood things. I got Halo christmas 09 and still haven't beat it :|

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I cant whait. when will it come and wich studio is making it.(I dont think it is bungie)

If you would take the time and read what your fellow gamers have posted, along with links and such, you might be enlightened.

paecmaker
02-17-2011, 02:56 PM
If you would take the time and read what your fellow gamers have posted, along with links and such, you might be enlightened.

LOL didnt see it. Was to tired to read.

Flab-Ender
02-17-2011, 04:20 PM
LOL didnt see it. Was to tired to read.

It ok hahaha.

distilarouk
07-06-2011, 08:21 PM
So how does everyone feel about them making it have kinect support?

EpsilonX
07-06-2011, 10:21 PM
^ kinect support seems logical, as long as its not kinect-only.

Psychotray
07-07-2011, 03:03 AM
****, I haven't even gotten to play ODST yet.

ROFLBRYCE
07-07-2011, 10:05 AM
****, I haven't even gotten to play ODST yet.

Well seeing as this is a re-make of the first game, of ODST is the events that transpired on Earth during MC's escapades in Halo 2... I think you'll be fine man ;)

Koehvain
09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
I preordered it at gamestop its gona be awsome