PDA

View Full Version : pc game dvd disc size

BIGDUDEJOE
02-24-2011, 09:33 AM
is thier any pc games discs that hold more than 10gb or more than 5 gb?

and also why dont they use blu-ray to make games discs for pc?

ive talked about this before but i thought things have changed now

LiNuX
02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
I thought that some games did use blu-ray? There are also 25gb discs, I know some games in the past used those. Can't tell you which ones but usually they're the ones with a crapload of stuff that makes you wonder where it all came from.

BIGDUDEJOE
02-24-2011, 09:45 AM
I thought that some games did use blu-ray? There are also 25gb discs, I know some games in the past used those. Can't tell you which ones but usually they're the ones with a crapload of stuff that makes you wonder where it all came from.

the only 25gb discs are blu-ray pc games dont use blu-ray only ps3 and movies use them right?

Jayhmmz
02-24-2011, 10:28 AM
the only 25gb discs are blu-ray pc games dont use blu-ray only ps3 and movies use them right?

I've only heard of PS3 games being Blu-Ray, yeah. I don't think there are any PC games using BR discs... Although I would like to be corrected if I am wrong! :)

BIGDUDEJOE
02-24-2011, 12:09 PM
come on guys do any pc game discs have more than 10gb???

if not it will reduce the quality and size?

Ilyich Valken
02-24-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't think any PC games are on BR discs unless you put it on one - mainly because it's rare for computers to have BR drives unless you yourself put one in or order it that way.

Only game I can think of that might be more than 10GB is an MMO like WoW or something with a couple of expansions and lots of items.

BIGDUDEJOE
02-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think any PC games are on BR discs unless you put it on one - mainly because it's rare for computers to have BR drives unless you yourself put one in or order it that way.

Only game I can think of that might be more than 10GB is an MMO like WoW or something with a couple of expansions and lots of items.

yes i know but the point ime trying to get across is if ps3 has 50gb games and pc has 5gb games thier must be a difference in iether size or quality dont you guys think so?