PDA

View Full Version : 3D Nintendo DS

Yasdnil
02-28-2011, 07:50 AM
What does everyone think about the new 3D DS which is due out soon? I can't say I'm really that bothered about it (and 3D entertainment in general) but I'm interested to know other people's thought on this....?

Linx_is_me
02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
I pre-ordered this over the NGP. I guess for once in nintendo's record there Gimmick actually got me. Sucks that Ocarina is not a luanch Title .

EpsilonX
02-28-2011, 02:14 PM
What does everyone think about the new 3D DS which is due out soon? I can't say I'm really that bothered about it (and 3D entertainment in general) but I'm interested to know other people's thought on this....?

It's not just a DS that is in 3D, it's a completely new handheld. it's like DS2.

paecmaker
02-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Ive just heard it but to see the 3d effects you have to hold the DS in the exact angle.

Linx_is_me
02-28-2011, 03:05 PM
It has a whole new graphics engine. Although they look a bit grainy and from what I have seen I would compare them with a gamecube. As for being in one spot , I have heard this aswell but its not a exact spot it's more like just be in the general area of the screen. But your over the shoulder friends will not be able to see the 3D. I am happy with the games they have released to be on the system. I just wish they had a better launch line-up.

Launch Titles. (http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-the-u-s-launch-games-for-the-3ds-194773.phtml)
But its the Games to be later released that have me excited.
-the legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time 3D
- Resident Evil Mercenaries
- Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D

Linx_is_me
02-28-2011, 03:06 PM
It has a whole new graphics engine. Although they look a bit grainy and from what I have seen I would compare them with a gamecube. As for being in one spot , I have heard this aswell but its not a exact spot it's more like just be in the general area of the screen. But your over the shoulder friends will not be able to see the 3D. I am happy with the games they have released to be on the system. I just wish they had a better launch line-up.

Launch Titles. (http://www.destructoid.com/here-are-the-u-s-launch-games-for-the-3ds-194773.phtml)
But its the Games to be later released that have me excited.
-the legend of Zelda : Ocarina of time 3D
- Resident Evil Mercenaries
- Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D

Flab-Ender
02-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I see it as something completely ridicules. The fact that it has a warning of only being able to play it for half an hour or else it will have negative effects is a little too far I think. I guess thats where everything is going nowadays though, 3D. I guess it's pretty impressive in a way to. Just a little ridicules though.

Oh ya, and I don't really plan on getting it haha.

Yasdnil
03-01-2011, 03:29 AM
Ive just heard it but to see the 3d effects you have to hold the DS in the exact angle.

Really? That sounds a bit inconvenient...::-)

paecmaker
03-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Really? That sounds a bit inconvenient...::-)

Remember that Ive just heard it, Dont know if its real but I know that it will have a short battery time.

EpsilonX
03-01-2011, 10:51 AM
If the 3D is such a problem, just turn it off. It's going to come with a slider to turn the 3D down or off completely. I'm just seeing it as Nintendo's next-gen handheld alongside Sony's PSP2. I see the exact same results as least time around though, with the DS absolutely beasting the PSP

Jayhmmz
03-01-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm sure there's a thread about this already? I think I was the one who started it as well... but seeing as I just got back from travelling from Valencia, Spain... I can't be bothered to link the thread :P

paecmaker
03-01-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm sure there's a thread about this already? I think I was the one who started it as well... but seeing as I just got back from travelling from Valencia, Spain... I can't be bothered to link the thread :P

Welcome back mate, and about that ds do you plan to buy one?

Flab-Ender
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM

The more a merrier!

Jayhmmz
03-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Welcome back mate, and about that ds do you plan to buy one?

Cheers mate.
Not too sure about which one I'm buying yet :) I may hold out for the DS 3D, or I may just settle for a DSi or something... I'm not too fussed, but it depends on how much I want to fritter my money ^_^