PDA

View Full Version : MW2 better than Black Ops?

W1CKEDTW1STED
02-28-2011, 05:38 PM
I actually went back to playing MW2 over the weekend (for XBOX360) and WOW! I forgot what a good game that really is. I actually think it is almost better than Black Ops.

I know some people will shoot it down, but MW2 was/is a really amazing CoD series game. :)

LiNuX
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Haven't Played Black Ops yet, but I liked MW2 up to the point where I got BFBC2.

W1CKEDTW1STED
02-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I have BFBC2 as well, but don't like the size of teams. It's always 4 vs 4. Kind of drag considering MW2 or Black Ops it can be 6 vs 6 or more. :(

Ilyich Valken
02-28-2011, 08:32 PM
I think it is.. Black ops really didn't hold my attention for very long. I'm probably going to be selling it sometime soon. It just wasn't... different enough.

LiNuX
02-28-2011, 08:36 PM
I have BFBC2 as well, but don't like the size of teams. It's always 4 vs 4. Kind of drag considering MW2 or Black Ops it can be 6 vs 6 or more. :(

What do you mean it's always 4v4? I usually play in servers that are 16v16.

Flab-Ender
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I defiantly like MW2 better than Black Ops. I see Black Ops as just another MW2, just not nearly as good, and maybe even too complicated. MW2 is just straight forward and to the point. I really didn't see any improvements from MW2 to Black Ops.

W1CKEDTW1STED
02-28-2011, 09:14 PM
What do you mean it's always 4v4? I usually play in servers that are 16v16.

As far as I can tell, BFBC2 for XBOX 360 is always 4 vs 4... Unless there is something I am missing or not setting up right in game...

LiNuX
02-28-2011, 10:50 PM
As far as I can tell, BFBC2 for XBOX 360 is always 4 vs 4... Unless there is something I am missing or not setting up right in game...

are you playing the squad deathmatch? I know those are 4v4 because its one squad vs another.

LemonRising
03-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Pffff I like black ops much better.
Even for the simple fact that it has co-op online.

For me its like MW2 2.0

W1CKEDTW1STED
03-01-2011, 09:55 AM
are you playing the squad deathmatch? I know those are 4v4 because its one squad vs another.

I'll have to check. I'll load it again tonight...

Pffff I like black ops much better.
Even for the simple fact that it has co-op online.

For me its like MW2 2.0

Eh, the co-op is alright, but I never bought it for the campaign. I bought it to simply kick @$$ and take names online. :laugh1:

paecmaker
03-01-2011, 10:24 AM

In bfbc you can play either conquest, rush or squad games. In conquest and rush its up to 32 player (16 vs 16) but you can still be in small squads which consist of four members. In the squad games its 4 man teams.

ROFLBRYCE
03-01-2011, 10:27 AM
The only problem I really have with MW2, is how connection is so important. I have the best internet available to me at the moment, and I'm still getting 3 barred. I play aganst my buddy in the same town, and even then we're not full green, facing host-problems. Online I get wrecked, so I stopped playing, yet I do reasonably well in LAN games. In Halo 3, connection wasn't a big a factor as skill. You could be facing a full green team while your team's in the red, and still win it absolutely no problem. Lot harder to do in CoD when I shoot an ACR clip, yet I see 3 bullets fly on the kill cam.

I wish there was some kind of connection compensation. Will probably never happen...but one can dream...

W1CKEDTW1STED
03-01-2011, 10:40 AM
In bfbc you can play either conquest, rush or squad games. In conquest and rush its up to 32 player (16 vs 16) but you can still be in small squads which consist of four members. In the squad games its 4 man teams.

Ok, thanks for the input. I will give that a shot. :)

paecmaker
03-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Ok, thanks for the input. I will give that a shot. :)

Remeber that my input was from pc. I dont know exactly how it is for xbox but it shouldnt be to different.

ps Watch out for the MG 34 its like a fully automatic sniper.

Jayhmmz
03-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Remeber that my input was from pc. I dont know exactly how it is for xbox but it shouldnt be to different.

ps Watch out for the MG 34 its like a fully automatic sniper.

It is infact the same for Xbox as well mate, you're correct.
I have it for both PC (for the graphics and better controls) and Xbox (for the hell of it) and you can play 16 v 16.

*edit*

Also, to relate to the OP...
If I were to pick one... I would say MW2. I prefer the graphics, the weapons and the maps to Black Ops, even though both games are retarded compared to classics like CoD4:MW and CoD2. Call of Duty games are getting more and more overkill with each release... also, they don't exactly re-invent the wheel. I just hope they keep it simple and don't bring out a ****ty deadline game like they have gotten into the habit of doing each year.

If they can't make a great game with MW3 when three studios are working on it, then they're actually a gang of ****ing twats.

Battlefield 3 for the win!

Linx_is_me
03-01-2011, 11:25 AM
From day one Of black ops I have loved MW2 Way more. The only reason I have been trying to get myself to play Black ops again is that on the ps3 Version Of Mw2 All the games are hacked and Its no longer fun to play. Some guy hacked my account and gave me every emblem and All the guns. So I prestige to earn it back. Then got rehacked ...
I love MW2 a whole lot more then black ops . Online is not hack on black oops yet though..at-least not yet.

paecmaker
03-01-2011, 11:36 AM
I have to admit that i havnt played either mw2 or black ops.

W1CKEDTW1STED
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
From day one Of black ops I have loved MW2 Way more. The only reason I have been trying to get myself to play Black ops again is that on the ps3 Version Of Mw2 All the games are hacked and Its no longer fun to play. Some guy hacked my account and gave me every emblem and All the guns. So I prestige to earn it back. Then got rehacked ...
I love MW2 a whole lot more then black ops . Online is not hack on black oops yet though..at-least not yet.

First off, welcome back.

Second, I have heard about all the issue with PSN. I think it's partially because it's "FREE" so there is really no one to manage or watch over the game servers and make sure that hackers are not having their way with them. Which is another reason I love XBL. Now, I know some will prove me wrong, but I'm a firm believer in "You pay what you get for".

I have to admit that i havnt played either mw2 or black ops.

You sir need to hop on the bandwagon. :D

paecmaker
03-01-2011, 12:20 PM
First off, welcome back.

Second, I have heard about all the issue with PSN. I think it's partially because it's "FREE" so there is really no one to manage or watch over the game servers and make sure that hackers are not having their way with them. Which is another reason I love XBL. Now, I know some will prove me wrong, but I'm a firm believer in "You pay what you get for".

You sir need to hop on the bandwagon. :D

About mw2 and bo. I havnt buyed them cause I dont know if its worth it. Mw2 have a very short story (or so Ive heard) and I cant play multiplayer. I dont know exactly about black ops but I doubt that its campaign is longer than mw2.

I dont want to spend a lot off cash for a game that I might finish in four-five hours. And no one I know owns the games.

LemonRising
03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
About mw2 and bo. I havnt buyed them cause I dont know if its worth it. Mw2 have a very short story (or so Ive heard) and I cant play multiplayer. I dont know exactly about black ops but I doubt that its campaign is longer than mw2.

I dont want to spend a lot off cash for a game that I might finish in four-five hours. And no one I know owns the games.

If you cant play multiplayer I wouldn't bother. COD is all about multiplayer.

DirtyDMan
03-01-2011, 01:21 PM
In my opinion they were both good games.. Both game have positive and negative things about them...

The best thing I like about MW2 was the Co oP and the best thing I like about COD Black Ops is the zombie mode...

Linx_is_me
03-01-2011, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=W1CKEDTW1STED;263442]First off, welcome back.

First Off thanks for the welcome back :)
Second yeah I have heard the exact same thing