PDA

View Full Version : Kinect a waste of money for me...

DirtyDMan
03-01-2011, 06:44 PM
I got a Kinect in January bc I dont play my xbox360 that much and wanted to start using it more... So I got the kinect and got some game for it. Sonic free rider - when I saw this game all I could think about was Back to the Future Hoverboard... Holy crap was I wrong!!!! This game was awful and didnt even work... dont make me talk about how two player works... me and my best friend still dont talk about it..

I also got fighters uncaged. I mean who doesnt want a fighting game with the kinect... Wrong again!!! This game was awful as well.. It just didnt work at all.. The game that came with the kinect was the best one kinect adventures. I mean it was kinda fun and it work at least... So now once again I dont even play my xbox360...

So do you think its better to wait on getting the new thing like the kinect?... So it gets better games out for it, get a price drop, or did I just get the wrong games?

LiNuX
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
I haven't tried out kinect yet but I saw a few people playing it at the mall near me a while ago.

Didn't look like my thing. But sucks it was a waste of money for you. And generally, I do wait before I get new things, whether it's hardware or software.

Ilyich Valken
03-01-2011, 07:14 PM
A combination of those. The launch titles aren't that great, but there is a lot of good games coming out for it later this year (I don't have any links and am too lazy to search for them at the moment.)

paecmaker
03-03-2011, 10:15 AM
I am dissapointed at kinect and on microsoft. No true game for the hardcore fans, only party games.

Irlmurf
03-03-2011, 12:19 PM
i pre-ordered kinect when it was announced as project natal. coudnt wait to get it, picked it up on the release date and was like a kid at xmas.lol tried out the adventures game and thought..ok this isnt bad for the game it is. then tried to video chat to a mate who had it. The lag was terrible, we both have excellent connections yet when i left the room to make some tea, took around 3minutes, it still showed me sitting down in the room on my mates screen.

Then i tried playing adventures again, the system wasnt able to detect me this time and jus kept adjusting itself. The graphics remind me of the wii and if you move fast it dosent pick up the movement. Microsoft rushed it to production and ruined it. its definitely not worth the money.

Dess
03-04-2011, 12:05 AM
I have a Kinect... and I actually love it....

I had a Wii and I didn't like it much... but I like my Kinect. I play Dance Central a lot. a.. and yes.. it is mostly party games, and they really do need to come out with something for the hardcore gamer...

But I think it really was intended for party games....

Ilyich Valken
03-04-2011, 12:25 AM
>_> Apparently my post isn't at all good enough to be read/acknowledged.

Dess
03-04-2011, 01:55 AM
I read it... I'm just talking about thus far... All I have on it are really Party Games. lol I'm kinda looking forward to see how they make it work for the hard core gamer.

paecmaker
03-04-2011, 10:48 AM
>_> Apparently my post isn't at all good enough to be read/acknowledged.

Accually I havnt heard about a single "real" game (with some exception) coming out for the kinect(personally I like the name natal better)

What games did you mean?

Ilyich Valken
03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Child of Eden, Star Wars Kinect, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Rise of Nightmares, Codename D/Diabolical Pitch, Kinect Haunt, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, (and rumored Alan Wake 2 and/or Max Payne, Gears, and Halo.)

paecmaker
03-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Child of Eden, Star Wars Kinect, Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, Rise of Nightmares, Codename D/Diabolical Pitch, Kinect Haunt, Steel Battalion Heavy Armor, (and rumored Alan Wake 2 and/or Max Payne, Gears, and Halo.)

Child of eden was the only game I recognized(except for the last ones) Im not shure but shouldnt Forza4 have kinect compability?

Ilyich Valken
03-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Child of eden was the only game I recognized(except for the last ones) Im not shure but shouldnt Forza4 have kinect compability?

I think so, but I wasn't sure if it fit the definition. lol

paecmaker
03-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I think so, but I wasn't sure if it fit the definition. lol

Just hope that they dont fail with those games then. If microsoft(or something) screw up halo or gears I will never forgive them.

Irlmurf
03-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Just hope that they dont fail with those games then. If microsoft(or something) screw up halo or gears I will never forgive them.

Forza 4 will definitely be compatible with kinect but ther is no talk of gears being compatible and i dont think it ever will be, the controls are to complex with the ability to take cover and barrel roll when running and even the quick reload. theres just 2 much to control for it to work.

paecmaker
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Forza 4 will definitely be compatible with kinect but ther is no talk of gears being compatible and i dont think it ever will be, the controls are to complex with the ability to take cover and barrel roll when running and even the quick reload. theres just 2 much to control for it to work.

You dont think gamers can do barrel rolls and charges in their livingroom?

Yasdnil
03-08-2011, 11:20 AM
I am dissapointed at kinect and on microsoft. No true game for the hardcore fans, only party games.

Agree with that. I think it's better targeted at social gaming, having silly fun with friends, or to keep fit. Hardcore gamers should maybe stick with the norm (for now)

elaiz
03-10-2011, 12:11 AM
This kinect is selling like hot cakes, i guess the game quality wasn't that good...

Honestly for some games , i still prefer the traditional controller.. ;)

Jayhmmz
03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I just have one question..

How the hell are games like Gears of War and Halo going to work on Kinect? You know, seeing as it would be mighty impressive and impossible for the motion sensor to pick up a trigger finger movement, accurately.. They would have to bring out a gun for the Kinect, similar to what PS3 have done.. but isn't that defeating the point of Kinect? It wasn't so bad for PS3, as that had a remote anyway, and the gun is a holder for the motion control, if anything.

I just don't see it. However, I'm highly anticipating how they're going to prove me wrong, and hopefully Microsoft will impress me.

paecmaker
03-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I just have one question..

How the hell are games like Gears of War and Halo going to work on Kinect? You know, seeing as it would be mighty impressive and impossible for the motion sensor to pick up a trigger finger movement, accurately.. They would have to bring out a gun for the Kinect, similar to what PS3 have done.. but isn't that defeating the point of Kinect? It wasn't so bad for PS3, as that had a remote anyway, and the gun is a holder for the motion control, if anything.

I just don't see it. However, I'm highly anticipating how they're going to prove me wrong, and hopefully Microsoft will impress me.

They probably "borrow" the vitality sensors from wii:p