PDA

View Full Version : Review the adverts

lonewolfxix
09-07-2007, 10:22 AM
So I was editing my forum signature today when I found an advert I found rather hilarious but probably inappropriate for the forum, so this post is liturally asking if LiNuX could possibly review the ads and find ones more specific than "Gay Online Games" which I found while on my signature and it's there while I post this message too :rolleyes1: I've attached an image.

(too large in size.. click link)

Link to image (http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6298/wtfhs8.jpg)
:laugh:
Well.. maybe it'll be sorted out soon. :-P

LiNuX
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
rofl - i'll see if i can fix that up - but the only reason it did that is because it doesnt have access to edit your own profile - the bots cannot access those pages for security reasons :-) so for those pages they cannot enter - they tend to just pick out keywords with ones that makes sense to the forum niche which is game - i havent tried to filter out any words yet but i'll see if i can find something

thanks for notification!

diablo
09-10-2007, 10:27 AM
lol what an ad, did you click it or not lonewolf? :P

lonewolfxix
09-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Out of pure curiosity, I did, It came up with a search engine, i was thinking "oh.. well, I guess I can't send this to any annoying kids saying 'new online game that you'll LOVE!'" :P

diablo
09-11-2007, 02:09 PM
what do you mean it came up with a searh engine? , there is a search engine named that? or am i lost?

lonewolfxix
09-11-2007, 06:47 PM
So you've never searched for something and seen "looking for *insert whatever you searched for here*?" then you click the link it takes you to one of those tacky fake search engines there for making money/giving out viruses or other nasties.
Abit like this one (http://www.internetgamesweb.com/). Don't worry, there's no viruses, but that's the sort of "search engine" I meant.

LiNuX
09-11-2007, 07:26 PM
call that a parked page :-) not really a search engine - when someone clicks a link on there - the domain owner makes money but its rare for parked domain to make a lot, i've tried that already

lonewolfxix
09-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I just can't seem to think properly right now, don't know why. Anyway, yeah, I can't seem to find it anymore so seems that it's gone :P

LiNuX
09-11-2007, 08:08 PM
its not worth it to use adwords to send traffic to a parked domain, worthless really so i can assume that the guy took off the campaign

lonewolfxix
09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Yeah I have a domain I hardly use right now, it cost me about $4 and it sucks and is never used, infact, I wonder if it's still up.. maybe i'll turn that into a parked page.

Hellooo it's still there! I bought it back in June or something lol, only 1 year.. they want $8/year for it =/ and it's a .info!

wifi
09-12-2007, 06:10 PM
catchy ad, i wonder how many people really clicked it for that "reasON" hehe