PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 Getting a Patch Next Week, Disables Hacking

DirtyDMan
03-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Infinity Ward’s Robert Bowling announced today that a patch will be coming on March 8th that basically the addresses the hacking on Modern Warfare 2.

Since the PS3 jailbreak has become very common to everyone, a lot of PS3 are users are hacking their way through the leaderboards and the rankings of Modern Warfare 2. Finally, those issues will be finally be addressed starting March 8th as Bowling confirmed that a patch is coming. As for the other platforms, the patch is still in pending and should be coming out shortly.

Just received word that we expect the latest Modern Warfare 2 patch for Playstation 3 to be available March 8th worldwide. Addresses hacking – Robert Bowling

While everyone is busy with Black Ops, does people actually care on Modern Warfare 2 now?

Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 Getting a Patch Next Week, Disables HackingJust Push Start (http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/03/04/modern-warfare-2-on-the-ps3-getting-a-patch-next-week-disables-hacking/)

This is good bc I hate hacker cheater and glitchers.. I dont play MW2 anymore so I dont know what theyre doing on there but it gotta suck for regular players..

Jokersvirus
03-04-2011, 06:55 PM
For every measure put in place a countermeasure will be found. No matter how hard IW tries to control the hacking it wont ever get under control unless they actively watch matches and permaban people on the spot, hell try to ban their ISP or something.

I applaud them for doing everything they can but they need to take punishment to the next level, pretty much deny them any access to the network but that is impossible to do.

Jayhmmz
03-05-2011, 05:32 AM
For every measure put in place a countermeasure will be found. No matter how hard IW tries to control the hacking it wont ever get under control unless they actively watch matches and permaban people on the spot, hell try to ban their ISP or something.

I applaud them for doing everything they can but they need to take punishment to the next level, pretty much deny them any access to the network but that is impossible to do.

+1

It's like the war against piracy, officials will never win. PirateBay has been active for so long, and it's one of the most popular and obvious hosts for illegal file sharing, and nothing's been done. Pointless endeavours.

Linx_is_me
03-05-2011, 04:56 PM
HELLZ YA , this is a Godsend for me. I was going to go buy black ops for this reason Exactly , I love mw2 way more then Black ops , I am soo happy they are going to do this ,

Jokersvirus
03-05-2011, 05:32 PM
+1

It's like the war against piracy, officials will never win. PirateBay has been active for so long, and it's one of the most popular and obvious hosts for illegal file sharing, and nothing's been done. Pointless endeavours.

Agreed They cant protect their own systems because people sit around figuring out day in and day out how to crack it. I think they are doing it now for peace of mind so people believe they are doing what they can.

If people are hacking why not have them arrested? Call their ISP get them perma ban etc etc.

paecmaker
03-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Agreed They cant protect their own systems because people sit around figuring out day in and day out how to crack it. I think they are doing it now for peace of mind so people believe they are doing what they can.

If people are hacking why not have them arrested? Call their ISP get them perma ban etc etc.

Its like the gold farmers in wow, If they ban them they`l just come back. Hackers and cheaters are just like cockroaches, you can stomp on them but they survive, they run away but they will come back again. (Hmm many "they" in this post)