PDA

View Full Version : WOW should i or shouldnt i return to

triphead
03-08-2011, 01:44 AM
quit wow about 2 years ago or about 3 month after wotlk came out. im intrigued by the new expansion and some of my playing buddies i have kept in contact with over facebook have rejoined the game since then. id like to go back but i dont want to be disapointed i wich ii had left the game pre wotlk so i would still have the fond memories of it :D.
over a couple of year i played on it i had clocked up a good few months of playing time i was totaly tan free and hadnt seen daylight in a while haha.

infact me and my friends even went to blizzcon in paris one year which was pretty cool to be honest got to play a preview of wotlk long before its release. got to meet and see nihilium do the raid on that island what they brough out pre wotlk. think it was something like the sunterrace or something i realy cant remember the name.
these where good times.

well ive just rambled on for a while aint i ha.

just want to hear some oppinions from people like me who didnt like wotlk and now play cataclysm? is it worth a punt?

Jokersvirus
03-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Ive played wow sine vanilla, all though when i got it BC was about to lanch and didnt have time to do anything. In all honestly Cataclysm is awesome to an extent. Meaning that all the quests you do are fun and new, to a point because they will start to repeat quickly, but the new instances, the new threats to the world, how the world has changed is awesome. Problem is that Gearscore over takes everything. If you dont have the correct gearscore you cant do anything and have to either waste gold to upgrade or waste alot of time trying to grind it out.

It is pretty and all that jazz, the worgen and goblin classes are fun to play It took me about 3 hours to get to level 10 because i was exploring the worgen city and reading the quest text.

Both to answer your question, it just seems like the game is too easy there is nothing to really do thats fun on it anymore. WotLK was in my opinion the best exp they put out, even with all the errors and bugs that occured. I say dont go back to it. All you will do is grind money, do quests, get bored waiting for people to gear up for raids and heroics and ya. Thats what killed me I was geared for heroics and raids and never did anything with my guild. Y

triphead
03-08-2011, 04:42 AM
cheers for the advice pal i think alot of the problem for me was when alot of my IRL friends started changing serves n stuff untill it was only me and my best m8 left then we ended up playing with two guys called ash n rich who we are still pretty good pals with now since spending hours and hours with them online xD they have also moved servers now. think its best just left as a good memory for me. thanks for advice.

Jayhmmz
03-08-2011, 04:52 AM
I've been thinking of going back to WoW as well, on nights when I'm bored... But, I decide not to :) I'm bored as hell with levelling, and it's just the same old for me, CBA. However, the game does look awesome, and I have friends saying that the game really begins when you hit 85! Apparently there's so much to do.

paecmaker
03-08-2011, 09:24 AM
I have never played wow but several of my friends did. They thought BC was better than WOTLK, They played cataclysm for a while but stopped, I dont know why maybe they got tired or something. At least one of them is going to play Rift now.

ROFLBRYCE
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
I think the Catalysm content is the most fun, aside from Vanilla; which they totally re-vamped by the way. The level to 60 is a totally new experience, and I've only gotten to about 35 on an alt but it's better than before.

Sadly, you level way too fast. I made a Worgen druid just 2 days ago, and in 3 1/2 hours got to level 14. I remember it taking at LEAST an hour to get to level 6 in Vanilla!! But, the reasoning behind it is to get people to the end content faster, which isn't bad. I like the long trek to 60 in Vanilla, but I'm happy with how it is. Mounts at 20/40 still bugs me, but whatever I can do to get an alt to end-game fastest is fine.

80-85 was ridiculously fun. I remember Outland taking for friggin ever, even in 3.0, but 80-85 just flew by. AND was a lot of fun. I'm liking the dungeons too. Not all the bosses are tank'n'spank, some have an actual strategy to do them.

I've loved the whole Cata experience, playing on-and-off for about 3-4 month stretches since pre-BC. It's totally worth the extra cash.

Saph
03-29-2011, 09:45 PM
If your account is still active I'd say give it a shot!

Cataclysm is pretty darned awesome though! It has some really neat stuff, like an underwater leveling spot for 80s! Where the entire time you're leveling under water, and get sea horse mounts n stuff, it's pretty neat!

If you like WoW? Yeah do it man, I loved it, but for personal reasons I decided to stop WoW atleast for now, one day I may come back tho, I love wow too much to just give it up! =P

Exentenzed
03-30-2011, 11:07 AM
I myself stopped playing after Cataclysm came out, with all the fancy features and other content i was realy fired up to get my hands on it, and i did. I played that for 2 weeks and found out that while the new content was fun and great, it was still just same experience. Honestly. I just got tired after so many years. Same as saph im probably gonna go back after a while, but im gonna wait till another expansion comes out. :P

Jayhmmz
03-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I myself stopped playing after Cataclysm came out, with all the fancy features and other content i was realy fired up to get my hands on itP

Same :P
But I didn't end up getting it. I played WoW to the point where they were prepping the in-game features for Cata's release.. but I just had no desire to level any more. It's all same old, same old for me now.

Gief World of Warcraft 2, then me and Blizz shall talk.