PDA

View Full Version : XBOX360 Connecting Issues

RagingSociopath
03-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Okay, so I've had my XBOX360 for a few years now, it's old, but it still runs decently. However, I have run across an issue today that I am not entirely sure how to work.

I have an XBOX360, with one of those Wireless Connection pieces onto it. Since I don't have internet in my home, I use the internet the apartment complex provides. Now, in order to access this internet, you need to first connect to their wireless internet, THEN put in your user name and password. When I initially tried to connect to it (no user name and password) I was able to connect to their wireless service, but not onto the internet. After I went into the Network Settings (not sure where, but I know it showed that whole table of information, and then I shifted to the second tab where it asked me to put in my user name and password), and put in my user name and password. From there I wasn't even allowed access to their wireless internet.

If anyone knows how to make it work, the only reason I am trying to do this is so I can download a patch for COD: Black Ops. So once again, please help.

HamadaLFC8
03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Hey, welcome to GF!
I can't help with this because my Xbox is directly connected to the internet, but we have a lot of smart people on here who can give you some sort of help!
While you wait for others to reply you could check out our rules! :)

Ilyich Valken
03-20-2011, 12:51 PM
You will probably have to talk to the IT/staff at the complex to find out what you need to do. :S I've never really had to deal with anything like that as far as setting a console up.

krestina
03-29-2011, 04:40 AM
goooooooooood sharing