PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4???

Akatosh
03-22-2011, 12:35 AM
So with Chief floating through space, drifting to some foreign world, do you think Halo 4 would be possible and fun at all?

I personally think 343 studios should leave mainstream Halo Games alone because, let's face it, no one can reproduce Bungie's work.

Jokersvirus
03-22-2011, 12:45 AM
343 is putting out a remake of Halo CE sometime this year
Halo series is dead as it is unless they want to make some BS Story up which they most likely will.

The war is over humanity is save really no reason for another game.

Akatosh
03-22-2011, 12:49 AM

Why do I feel it will either be an epic fail or a masterpiece?

Jokersvirus
03-22-2011, 12:51 AM
because its how it will be because it did start the series and it is considered one of the best games in the series.

ROFLBRYCE
03-22-2011, 01:56 AM
because its how it will be because it did start the series and it is the best game in the series.
Fix'd, :p

It went downhill as the series progressed. I'm not saying the others are bad, because I love H2, H3, ODST, and Reach, they're just not as great as the first.

BobTD
03-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Let me contemplate Halo for a minute...

Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein featured green power suite wearing elite soldiers. I see this classic forfather as inspiration for Soldiers of space:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2769/sop.png

And we get another version of the armor with the Starship Troopers GCI adaptation:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3689/sopu.png

This one book is also a heavy influence on both the Warhammer 40k series, Starcraft series, and Aliens and the predator series. I could go into detail about that but lets stick to the point:

WHY is halo considered such a good game when its only really new innovation into sci-fi AT ALL was the giant rings, witch only get prominently featured in the first game?

The gameplay was solid and fun. But really from the first game the plot was weak, and smelled of capitalistic pursuit of tried and true themes.

Consider what they really had after the first game.

-Suspiciously familiar power armor worn by a character that might have been a robot for all we can tell
-Aliens (really!?)
-head jumping aliens that turn you into a zombie:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4927/soplz.png
(oh by the way Gordon Freeman is still waiting for his royalties, thats a half life headcrab)

-And last but not least, you are the only survivor of the game.
(and from this point on the event of the first game an inconsequential)

The rest of the series tried to evolve the game into some original thinking, but everyone seems to think those games got worse and worse. Sooo... in conclusion, maybe we should stop milking a dead cow.

Jayhmmz
03-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Let me contemplate Halo for a minute...

Starship Troopers by Robert A. Heinlein featured green power suite wearing elite soldiers. I see this classic forfather as inspiration for Soldiers of space:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2769/sop.png

And we get another version of the armor with the Starship Troopers GCI adaptation:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3689/sopu.png

This one book is also a heavy influence on both the Warhammer 40k series, Starcraft series, and Aliens and the predator series. I could go into detail about that but lets stick to the point:

WHY is halo considered such a good game when its only really new innovation into sci-fi AT ALL was the giant rings, witch only get prominently featured in the first game?

The gameplay was solid and fun. But really from the first game the plot was weak, and smelled of capitalistic pursuit of tried and true themes.

Consider what they really had after the first game.

-Suspiciously familiar power armor worn by a character that might have been a robot for all we can tell
-Aliens (really!?)
-head jumping aliens that turn you into a zombie:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4927/soplz.png
(oh by the way Gordon Freeman is still waiting for his royalties, thats a half life headcrab)

-And last but not least, you are the only survivor of the game.
(and from this point on the event of the first game an inconsequential)

The rest of the series tried to evolve the game into some original thinking, but everyone seems to think those games got worse and worse. Sooo... in conclusion, maybe we should stop milking a dead cow.

+1

They really should stop milking a dead cow, as you say. I liked Halo Reach, quite a lot, as it was different in a good way from the first three Halo campaigns.. but they should stop their, imo. Or, if they're really confident, make one last EPIC game, but this game will have to come from Bungie, and no one else.

I heard Bungie's next project is a Halo MMO though??

Akatosh
03-22-2011, 09:52 AM
+1

I heard Bungie's next project is a Halo MMO though??

Please god no!!!!:shocked:

Jokersvirus
03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Actually the next game will be an MMO in space but it wont be halo related. Bungie said after reach they are done with the series hence why they gave all rights to 343

Shooter99
03-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Please god no!!!!:shocked:

I hope it won't it won't be an MMO. And I hope they'll stop ignoring PC gamers. After all, fps games are meant to be played on a PC.

Ilyich Valken
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I hope it won't it won't be an MMO. And I hope they'll stop ignoring PC gamers. After all, fps games are meant to be played on a PC.

I wouldn't really say they are meant to be played on PC. It's all preference.

Shooter99
03-22-2011, 03:22 PM
I wouldn't really say they are meant to be played on PC. It's all preference.

Either way, the should make a PC release.

Jokersvirus
03-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Sooner or later it will make its appearance onto the PC

ROFLBRYCE
03-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Either way, the should make a PC release.

http://www.pcgametrek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/halo-combat-evolved-pc-game-dvd-cover-picture-207x300.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rmS2Q8BYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just hazin', bro.

Flab-Ender
03-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Halo series is dead as it is unless they want to make some BS Story up which they most likely will.

The war is over humanity is save really no reason for another game.

I'm pretty sure that the main story is very much alive with the legendary ending of Halo 3. I would love to see they try and go back and finish it.

Granite it wouldn't be as good as Bungies version, but still, I NEED CLOSURE! Maybe Bungie could just put a download or something out, but I think they have something still there, and they could take advantage of it.

Jayhmmz
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that the main story is very much alive with the legendary ending of Halo 3. I would love to see they try and go back and finish it.

Granite it wouldn't be as good as Bungies version, but still, I NEED CLOSURE! Maybe Bungie could just put a download or something out, but I think they have something still there, and they could take advantage of it.

The awesome story is still there, you're right. But.. and it's a big but; Halo is now hanging in the balance in terms of how good their next main title will be, meaning Halo 4 (if there is a fourth..)
It can easily fail so hard, because the avid fan will be expecting an absolute epic ending, and Bungie have to deliver perfection, if they're to make Halo 4.

If I was Bungie, and I decided to start development on Halo 4, I would be crapping my pants due to the pressure!

Flab-Ender
03-22-2011, 09:52 PM
The awesome story is still there, you're right. But.. and it's a big but; Halo is now hanging in the balance in terms of how good their next main title will be, meaning Halo 4 (if there is a fourth..)
It can easily fail so hard, because the avid fan will be expecting an absolute epic ending, and Bungie have to deliver perfection, if they're to make Halo 4.

If I was Bungie, and I decided to start development on Halo 4, I would be crapping my pants due to the pressure!

I say, what do they have to lose? They've made millions already. Especially if they just make a download.

Shooter99
03-23-2011, 08:47 AM
http://www.pcgametrek.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/halo-combat-evolved-pc-game-dvd-cover-picture-207x300.jpg
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rmS2Q8BYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just hazin', bro.

I know about the first two parts. But what about Halo 3 and Halo Reach? They are probably the best ones in the franchise. They would've made a lot more money if they made a PC release.

Jayhmmz
03-23-2011, 09:13 AM
I say, what do they have to lose? They've made millions already. Especially if they just make a download.

It's not about the money, it's about coming away from a game feeling proud. If they **** it up, it's on them, they'll get millions of haters spamming their forum.

Flab-Ender
03-23-2011, 09:10 PM
It's not about the money, it's about coming away from a game feeling proud. If they **** it up, it's on them, they'll get millions of haters spamming their forum.

Ya I guess you're right, but still, cliffhangers suck!

paecmaker
03-24-2011, 03:00 AM
Ya I guess you're right, but still, cliffhangers suck!

Still remember halo 2, and partially 3.

I dont think microsoft will ever let halo go its to much money involved.

UnrealGamerZ
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Actually the next game will be an MMO in space but it wont be halo related. Bungie said after reach they are done with the series hence why they gave all rights to 343

We all know the series is supposed to have ended but if the series is done, then why sell the rights to 343?

Doesn't it make sense that 343 would continue the series.

Jokersvirus
03-24-2011, 06:44 PM
We all know the series is supposed to have ended but if the series is done, then why sell the rights to 343?

Doesn't it make sense that 343 would continue the series.

Why not? They sell the rights to another company make alot of money and they can focus on other games, since they are a big shot company now mainly due to the Halo series they can put out alot of new titles and have alot of people buy them.

Echo
03-28-2011, 06:27 PM
I personally agree with what most of my friends, and any HALO fan would concur to this.
I wouldn't much say the HALO series is dead.
BUNGIE made a big bet with making a prequel to HALO, and I think it was an okay success.
If anyone took a shot at making a HALO 4, the story itself would be most disappointing.
I think that continuing with the Master Chief story wouldn't be the best idea, but maybe to make a HALO with a different story?
I guess we can only see.

Jokersvirus
03-28-2011, 08:56 PM
in all honestly, lets say they make another halo what would the storyline be? The most likely answer MC finding his way home to Earth. That is just milking the cow then because the story would just seem boring to me. im pretty sure a book is being written regarding MCs fight to get back to earth, if they want to expand the game make an MMO however I just think the entire series has been told. From Reach to the stopping of grave mind.

Echo
03-28-2011, 09:02 PM
in all honestly, lets say they make another halo what would the storyline be? The most likely answer MC finding his way home to Earth. That is just milking the cow then because the story would just seem boring to me. im pretty sure a book is being written regarding MCs fight to get back to earth, if they want to expand the game make an MMO however I just think the entire series has been told. From Reach to the stopping of grave mind.

Or, to a much more different approach, they could go COD on the new game and show different aspects of different wars.
Like maybe say HALO 3 was the World at War, and then HALO 4 could go to a different war and different time period, like modern warfare.

Flab-Ender
03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I personally agree with what most of my friends, and any HALO fan would concur to this.
I wouldn't much say the HALO series is dead.
BUNGIE made a big bet with making a prequel to HALO, and I think it was an okay success.
If anyone took a shot at making a HALO 4, the story itself would be most disappointing.
I think that continuing with the Master Chief story wouldn't be the best idea, but maybe to make a HALO with a different story?
I guess we can only see.

An ok success, what are you talking about. it was great.

Echo
03-28-2011, 09:18 PM
An ok success, what are you talking about. it was great.
Well for me I thought that it was moderate in hype for me.
I think that the new spartan customization is excellent, and so is the online play.
I play the game everyday, but I just don't feel like it was nothing but moderate.
I'm not sure why.

Jokersvirus
03-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Or, to a much more different approach, they could go COD on the new game and show different aspects of different wars.
Like maybe say HALO 3 was the World at War, and then HALO 4 could go to a different war and different time period, like modern warfare.

So pretty much shown different wars through out the entirely of the war. Halo wars, Halo series and Halo Reach did that. Got a view of the war from several different people.

Echo
03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
So pretty much shown different wars through out the entirely of the war. Halo wars, Halo series and Halo Reach did that. Got a view of the war from several different people.

And then the next game, a totally different war.

Jokersvirus
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
There is no other war, the earth is at peace right now. Flood is gone, for the most part.

Echo
03-28-2011, 09:53 PM
What about a future war?

Jokersvirus
03-28-2011, 09:56 PM
Beating a dead horse people will grow tired of it..

Flab-Ender
03-28-2011, 10:01 PM
They could continue it off of the legendary ending, and actually show were John-117 is, and maybe just getting him back to earth. They definably left room for another game.

Jokersvirus
03-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Like i said in my post on page 3, thats just milking the cow. Making more and more games to make more and more money. I wouldnt buy it i wouldnt even rent it. Getting MC back to earth seems like a movie and or book that should be written not a plot to be used to try and squeeze out one more game.

Echo
03-28-2011, 10:22 PM
I think what most developers and buyers of the HALO franchise worry about is the online play, so say they make an excellent online play and throw in some lame excuse for a campaign mode.

Flab-Ender
03-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Like i said in my post on page 3, thats just milking the cow. Making more and more games to make more and more money. I wouldnt buy it i wouldnt even rent it. Getting MC back to earth seems like a movie and or book that should be written not a plot to be used to try and squeeze out one more game.

i don't understand. Why wouldn't you give it a try? Just cause they're trying to milk it doesn't mean it won't be any good and doesn't really give you a reason to not try it.

Jokersvirus
03-30-2011, 12:19 AM
I wouldnt give it a try because the series is over to make a new game would just be annoying. Lets say your idea of getting 117 home was the storyline, which is the most logically storyline to go with since everyone wants to know what happened.

It might be good it might not, however my stance is that I wont enjoy it because the series is over. The only question left is what happened to 117 that is where you allow someone to write a book over it, allow people to make movies over it. We dont need more halo games when im sure others want to work on their own unique designs instead of tapping into a known cash cow.