PDA

View Full Version : PS3 is better!

VibeziNert
03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
PS3 will always be better than xbox
Comment if yu agree.....

Flab-Ender
03-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I would, if a. you didn't just join the site to say that the PS3 is better, and b. made 2 different thread for the same exact thing.

Also maybe if you had some reasoning would be nice.

VibeziNert
03-25-2011, 05:22 PM
i did have some reasoning but lemme try

i have a website but i cant link it

it says i need to do 10 posts

Jokersvirus
03-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Any crediablity you might have had to state why ps3 would be better than xbox is now shot because of double posting and creating two things for the same thing.

And we all know xbox is better just like Picard is the better captain than Kirk.

Flab-Ender
03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Exactly, PSN is nothing compared to Xbox Live. Also, please read the rules, please do not double, or in this case triple post.

This is not a good way to prove a point, through breaking rules and ignorance and such.

Metallica1983
03-25-2011, 05:34 PM
um first of all welcome the forum 2nd you triple posted and 3rd I'm sorry to say but your being a bit of a jacka$$

VibeziNert
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
kk dudes this is my first time here k
so im sry for triple posting or something
so tell me ow do i delete it then?????
im new....

Flab-Ender
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
kk dudes this is my first time here k
so im sry for triple posting or something
so tell me ow do i delete it then?????
im new....

Its fine, just read the rules, introduce yourself and such. And I think we need a mod to do so.

You can go to the new gamers section and introduce yourself btw.

HamadaLFC8
03-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Mhm that's quiet an entrance you made haha
I took care of your triple post and yeah .. welcome

DirtyDMan
03-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm not getting into this.. Its stupid... Both system are good and bad in there own way...

Jokersvirus
03-25-2011, 07:52 PM
I'm not getting into this.. Its stupid... Both system are good and bad in there own way...

Its not stupid just discussing which is better

Ilyich Valken
03-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Its not stupid just discussing which is better

It is stupid, though. Because not one single time this argument comes up can it ever seem to be civil and well controlled...

Jokersvirus
03-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Well it was being civil till people were calling it stupid /cough

Ilyich Valken
03-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Well it was being civil till people were calling it stupid /cough

Yeah, it was civil because people weren't arguing over which were better, they were telling the first poster that they messed up. And, as far as it not being civil, I fail to see how it's not. It's not questionable whether the argument is stupid, because it is. Really, who cares which is better? They both have their own pros and cons. It's how it's always been and is always going to be like that for every generation.

Kletskeh
03-26-2011, 08:28 AM
My reasoning to prove you wrong:
- XBOX live has less connection issues then PS3
- When the map pack for xbox came out and every bought it it took like 10 mins to download, when it came out on PS3 the ps store was down cuz of overcrowded and if u got in it took 8hrs of downloading.
- XBOX controllers are definetely better then PS3's
- XBOX has more pro gamers on it. (This is not my thought, it's a fact)
- PS3 guys keep saying xbox sucks cuz you have to pay for the internet but 1) we have less laggy internet
2) buying an xbox is like $100 cheaper then buying a PS3

paecmaker
03-26-2011, 08:34 AM
My reasoning to prove you wrong:
- XBOX live has less connection issues then PS3
- When the map pack for xbox came out and every bought it it took like 10 mins to download, when it came out on PS3 the ps store was down cuz of overcrowded and if u got in it took 8hrs of downloading.
- XBOX controllers are definetely better then PS3's
- XBOX has more pro gamers on it. (This is not my thought, it's a fact)
- PS3 guys keep saying xbox sucks cuz you have to pay for the internet but 1) we have less laggy internet
2) buying an xbox is like $100 cheaper then buying a PS3

You only need this

Gears of war
Forza
halo

Ps3 got also good games but I feel more drawn to the games on xbox.

Flab-Ender
03-26-2011, 01:40 PM
The way I see. You want online play, you get xbox. More single player games, PS3. Kletskeh, all you did was prove that the 360 is better online, maybe, nothing else. It is a great console, even comes with blue ray, just depends on what you like.

Exentenzed
03-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Only reason i would want a PS3, would be so i could try out Little big planet :)

Havent realy tried the PS3 out enough to compare them but what i found a little annoying was that every time i pressed play on a game, it didnt realy play, some site came up with news or something about it before i could actually play the game.
Is that just a option you can turn on/off or what? :P

Diligence109
03-27-2011, 01:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/finalmasterm/Team_R-This_Thread_Again.jpg

Of all the posts I've made on this forum re: PS3 vs. Xbox, I think I like this one (http://gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?p=254073#post254073) the most; so I'll just leave it here.

EpsilonX
03-27-2011, 02:49 PM
*sigh* I hate when people say 360 is better than list a bunch of things that have to do with online. I don't go online, and I notice subtle differences between the 360 and ps3 graphics, and i'm not really sure how to describe it other than saying that ps3 has a more three-dimensional look to my eyes that I like. Plus, ps3 has blu ray. I also prefer the PS3 controller. I also prefer ps3 exclusives (metal gear solid 4) to 360 exclusives (gears and halo) and I like the ability to play all ps1 and ps2 games (i have a 60GB, but every ps3 can play every ps1 game) where on 360 you can play some xbox games...as for more superficial things, I think the PS3 looks cooler and I like the menu interface better than the 360.

However, there are plenty of features that the 360 has over PS3, such as the online capabilities and the avatar creation, which are both good but not really something I care about, or some people could prefer the 360 exclusives to the ps3 exclusives, or the 360 controller to the ps3 one....It's not something worth arguing about. You might as well argue Pepsi vs Coke.

Ilyich Valken
03-27-2011, 05:22 PM
*sigh* I hate when people say 360 is better than list a bunch of things that have to do with online. I don't go online, and I notice subtle differences between the 360 and ps3 graphics, and i'm not really sure how to describe it other than saying that ps3 has a more three-dimensional look to my eyes that I like. Plus, ps3 has blu ray. I also prefer the PS3 controller. I also prefer ps3 exclusives (metal gear solid 4) to 360 exclusives (gears and halo) and I like the ability to play all ps1 and ps2 games (i have a 60GB, but every ps3 can play every ps1 game) where on 360 you can play some xbox games...as for more superficial things, I think the PS3 looks cooler and I like the menu interface better than the 360.

However, there are plenty of features that the 360 has over PS3, such as the online capabilities and the avatar creation, which are both good but not really something I care about, or some people could prefer the 360 exclusives to the ps3 exclusives, or the 360 controller to the ps3 one....It's not something worth arguing about. You might as well argue Pepsi vs Coke.

One thing I've gotta say is, the backwards compatability thing is kind of moot now. All new PS3s can no longer play older games, and most of the xbox games have stopped being supported, or they did the same stuff sony did.. I don't remember.

EpsilonX
03-27-2011, 05:24 PM
One thing I've gotta say is, the backwards compatability thing is kind of moot now. All new PS3s can no longer play older games, and most of the xbox games have gone down or they stopped being supported.

well, all ps3's can play ps1 games.

I wish i could freakin play Dino Crisis 3 on my 360 though...

Samus-Fan
03-27-2011, 06:00 PM
well, all ps3's can play ps1 games.

No they can't, they got rid of that along with the PS2. It only reads Blu-Rays, which are what PS3 games are

EpsilonX
03-27-2011, 06:41 PM
No they can't, they got rid of that along with the PS2. It only reads Blu-Rays, which are what PS3 games are

No they didn't. Try it, ps1 games work on ALL Ps3 consoles.

Nikarulz
03-27-2011, 11:35 PM

I completely agree with this.

VibeziNert
03-28-2011, 04:23 PM
wat u said there is totally wrong!
the only reason why a ps3 owners internet is laggy is either because is internet is not great, or his other devices are using it as well.

either HIS internet is not great, or his other devices are using it as well

EpsilonX
03-28-2011, 04:48 PM
either HIS internet is not great, or his other devices are using it as well

well, 360 has dedicated servers or something, ps3 doesn't. i think, don't quote me on this.

btw, for future reference, use the "edit" button if you have something more to add, or a typo to fix

Flab-Ender
03-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Not gonna lie. The Xbox does have a much better online service. But, back to what I was saying earlier, PS3, more of a single player console, or maybe LAN or just people at your house or something, the 360, great online, great connection unless you're internet sucks. Usually internet problems with the 360 are due to the individual, not Microsoft.

Exentenzed
03-29-2011, 02:42 AM
Cant see how getting a PS3 would improove my singleplayer experience?

krestina
03-29-2011, 04:36 AM
very nice sharing

EpsilonX
03-29-2011, 10:20 AM
Cant see how getting a PS3 would improove my singleplayer experience?

360's main draw is in it's multiplayer, yes? well, the PS3 has a lot of great single player games.

Exentenzed
03-29-2011, 03:26 PM
360's main draw is in it's multiplayer, yes? well, the PS3 has a lot of great single player games.

Without a doubt.

Dosent realy matter to me if it is MP or SP though. Either i like a game or i dont,
Aint realy leaning toward any particular genre either. Gameplay and Story is are my top 2 priority when im looking for games :)

EpsilonX
03-29-2011, 03:30 PM
Without a doubt.

Dosent realy matter to me if it is MP or SP though. Either i like a game or i dont,
Aint realy leaning toward any particular genre either. Gameplay and Story is are my top 2 priority when im looking for games :)

yea i agree, but the types of games I like tend to be heavily narrative, and thus tend not to be multiplayer.

Jokersvirus
03-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Is it me or is both xbox and ps3 games going away from telling a story to more of kill everything and just ignore whatever else is going on. It just seems that way to me. I might be wrong but it feels like that to me anymore

Exentenzed
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
A couple of games seems to do, but there is still many great ones with a good story. :)

EpsilonX
03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Is it me or is both xbox and ps3 games going away from telling a story to more of kill everything and just ignore whatever else is going on. It just seems that way to me. I might be wrong but it feels like that to me anymore

It seems that way to me too, and if there IS a story, the story is the cutscenes in between the levels, or its in like...recorded things that you find throughout the levels (like in dead space or fear)

Samus-Fan
03-29-2011, 08:17 PM

I agree with this somewhat, there are some games with a story and if you notice, they do amazing.
Heavy Rain I think is a prime example. It's not big on action, but is amazing.
Even Bioshock, which seems like a ton of action, has a true backstory, and if you actually play the game (Collecting the recordings, listening to people) you find out this amazing story that is a satire of our real world right now.
Halo which is an action game was developed on a pretty good story for a shooter. All the games (Aside from Halo Wars) connect with the story to create a long running background.

I think the problem isn't game have lost their backstories, but I think the Consumer and gamers OVERLOOK the stories that the developers put into games.
So, to sum up, no I don't think game makers gave up on stories, I think the gamer has given up on paying attention to the story and just focus on the killing.

Saph
03-30-2011, 03:55 AM
I really dont like PS3 that much, really. I just feel that PS3 and the games that comes with it is all just madly overpriced to cover Sonys expenses after all of the bugs and faulty models that were released with the PS2! PS3 has everything Xbox360 has, but its about twice as expensive!
Ive also just never liked Sony all that much, they trashed 2 of my favorite MMORPGs!!!
Matrix Online & Star Wars:Galaxies. They completely destroyed both only weeks after taking them over!

So I have a personal grudge with Sony which makes me boykott them like crazy, their PS3 is no different(If the above happens to no longer be true, ignore it please, the part of the expenses)

Ive always liked Xbox360 more, the red ring of death doesnt happen all that often(I think), and they seem to support games more my type. PS3 has alot of action packed games, and fewer RPGs, while Xbox360 is visa versa, atleast from my point of view it seems like that.

In the end though, Im not much of a TV connected console player. I play Wii cause my wife has one, but I mainly play PC, just cause I can tinker alittle more with it than say an Xbox =P

Exentenzed
03-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Red ring has never happened to me either. Never had a problem with the xbox that couldnt be fixed by myself in under 10 minutes. and even those are rare :)

But im more of a PC person myself. Especially since i got a new pc a couple of weeks ago \o/ Prefer it mostly because of the modding communities for various games. :D

Saph
03-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Red ring has never happened to me either. Never had a problem with the xbox that couldnt be fixed by myself in under 10 minutes. and even those are rare :)

But im more of a PC person myself. Especially since i got a new pc a couple of weeks ago \o/ Prefer it mostly because of the modding communities for various games. :D

DAMNIT I SO JEALOUZ!!!

I cant afford it myself, not even close, but my dad being a rich motherhumper, and it being my birthday...why not harvest when the crops are ripe, huh???
So I'm sitting around, ticking down the days before I move to Oregon, and will receive a custom built Alienware worth 1600 bucks XD I cannotz waitz!

Hopefully it can run everything...actually if anyone here knows more about it than I, I'm gonna go put one together right now and paste the specs here, gimme a sec, and lemme know what you think please!

EpsilonX
03-30-2011, 11:41 AM
I really dont like PS3 that much, really. I just feel that PS3 and the games that comes with it is all just madly overpriced to cover Sonys expenses after all of the bugs and faulty models that were released with the PS2! PS3 has everything Xbox360 has, but its about twice as expensive!
Ive also just never liked Sony all that much, they trashed 2 of my favorite MMORPGs!!!

well....PS3 160 GB is $300. the 360 has a model with 4GB for $200 or a 250 GB one for $400. So really, the price isn't much different, cuz a 160GB 360 would probably be around the $300 range, same as the PS3. The reason 360 is cheaper though is because the ps3 can't have a small harddrive version.

Muffincat
03-30-2011, 12:30 PM
PS3 has alot of action packed games, and fewer RPGs, while Xbox360 is visa versa, atleast from my point of view it seems like that.

Wait, what? o.o

I have never heard anyone argue this before XD Generally, people praise the XBox for its multiplayer, and most people with an XBox use it for multiplayer FPS games... while the PS3 is the reigning champ over single player games, especially RPGs o.o PS3 is like every RPG nerd's wet dream XD

EpsilonX
03-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Wait, what? o.o

I have never heard anyone argue this before XD Generally, people praise the XBox for its multiplayer, and most people with an XBox use it for multiplayer FPS games... while the PS3 is the reigning champ over single player games, especially RPGs o.o PS3 is like every RPG nerd's wet dream XD

well, until recently the 360 had more RPGs than PS3. Everbody was like "where are all the ps3 rpgs!?" 360 was getting like blue dragon, lost odyssey, eternal sonata, star oceans, tales of vesperia...they started to get ported over to the ps3 though, and now i think there are more ps3 rpgs.

edit: wow..."recently" isnt as recent as i thought haha.

Saph
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
As Eps claimed, I think my opinion might be outdated since I havnt been a console gamer for a while since I lost my Xbox after I moved here!

I just know that when I DID play Xbox, I spent many an hour standing in Gamestops looking for games and I was thinking about getting a PS3 at the time to replace it, but I could hardly find any RPGs, while Xbox360 seemed to have games like Oblivion for it. That was hard to pass up!

Now, though, I might be wrong regarding my arguement! =) But please tell me if I am, I hate having incorrect info! =(

EpsilonX
03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
As Eps claimed, I think my opinion might be outdated since I havnt been a console gamer for a while since I lost my Xbox after I moved here!

I just know that when I DID play Xbox, I spent many an hour standing in Gamestops looking for games and I was thinking about getting a PS3 at the time to replace it, but I could hardly find any RPGs, while Xbox360 seemed to have games like Oblivion for it. That was hard to pass up!

Now, though, I might be wrong regarding my arguement! =) But please tell me if I am, I hate having incorrect info! =(

yea, RPG focus has sort of shifted to the PS3.

savloro
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Best games for xbox are the gears and halo and that's it lol
But for ps3 it got everything, rpg, shooters. ps3 wins :)

Echo
04-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Here is the tie breaker for the PS3 and XBOX 360...*ahem*
PS3:
It's a game console, you play games on it.

XBOX 360:
It's a game console...you play game on it.

paecmaker
05-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Here is the tie breaker for the PS3 and XBOX 360...*ahem*
PS3:
It's a game console, you play games on it.

XBOX 360:
It's a game console...you play game on it.

Accually, that isnt entirerly true anymore. They are more of a multimedia platforms than true game consoles now.

Brav0snow
05-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Don't think there is any real comparison between consoles in terms of game choice "exclusives" are few and far between. This is coming from a hardcore Sony fan boi.

It really grinds my gears how ever when a game is port across to PS3 at a half rate job.
For example Crysis 2.. Looks like a dead cat on playstation(bluray disk), and on the box its like looking at a giant cat that shoots laser beams at you through the screen.