PDA

View Full Version : Sup guuuuys!!!

Saph
03-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Hey everyone! =)

So I just joined a few days ago! Sorry about posting my little get to know mi nao thread since most probably dont care about yet another rookie =P But despite I'll still post so THERE

Name: Mark
Alias: Saph
Sex: Male
Bisexual
Height: 6"3
Weight: 185 lbs
Place of Birth: Denmark
Places I have lived: Spain, America(Oregon, Florida)
Married? Yup
Child(ren)? Yup, 18 months old daughter!
Language(s): Fluently? Danish, English, German, sooome Chinese, not really fluent.
Atheist
Democrat
Goth

Favorite music:

Disturbed, John 5, Metallica, Nightwish, Static-X, Marylin Manson, Godsmack, Skillet, Lunatica, Dope, Dope Stars Inc., Evanescence, Aerosmith, Guns n' Roses, Ozzy Osbourne, Celine Dion, Celtic Circle, Howard Shore, Mozart, Orions Reign, Seal, Eminem, Cradle of Filth

Favorite TV shows: American Dad, Family Guy, Simpsons, Robot Chicken, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Rick Steves' Europe(Cause thats my continent *****ez!!!), Gangland, Law&Order

Favorite movies: The Others, The Crow, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Eragorn, Narnia, 300, Avatar, Hellboy, Titanic, District 9, Poltergeist, Queen of the Damned, Interview with a Vampire, Rampage, Piranha, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, The Crazies, X-Men, Resident Evil

Favorite Books: Jane Eyre, The Time Machine, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Shakespeare, History, Warcraft novels, Anne Rice, Pride & Prejudice, Sherlock Holmes

Favorite Drink: Wine(Sangria, preffer sweet and hate bitter or dry), Single Malt Scotch Whiskey(The McCallan), Apple Martini(riiight call me gay, I'm 50% homosexual so don't blame me!!)

Worst Drink: Beer of any kind, and moonshine.

Favorite console: PC, although Wii and Xbox360 work too!

Worst Console: PS, go home

Favorite food(I am vegetarian!): Sushi, Pizza, Thai, Spicy

Worst food: Bitter vegetables, german, bugs...

Phobias: Deep water, spiders

I'm a pretty easy going guy, and quite boring, really. I can count the number of parties Ive been to on 1 hand, and thats if I count in family get togethers and funerals!

I enjoy lounging around and having a drink while listening to live bands. I hate wild partying for no reason. St. Patricks day and New years eve etc. are great times to bust a nut being wild and crazay!!! But on random weekends? nu uh, no point in busting your nuts the next day just for the fun of it.

I love to learn and improve myself at whatever I do. I am relentless when it comes to learning new stuff, and I'll bust your nuts(I'm good at busting nuts!) trying to get you to teach me something that I wanna learn(really, if you want me to stfu just be blunt about it, dont let me keep going till you blow your fuses =P). I greatly dislike laziness, and just hanging around your entire life doing NOTHING but playing video games. Video games are an awesome hobby, but should never take over your life, life is too precious to spend it in a fake world, my friend.

I love my wife and child, and I love my life right now, I used to be a locked-in-my-room teenager who spent 16 hrs a day playing WoW, EQ2, or MxO, and only came out to go to school(sometimes I decided to just skip it and lock my door so no one could come drag me out). Today I have grown up, and I spend the majority of my time living my life in the way I see fit, leaving time to enjoy my hobby of gaming.

My greatest interest range from weaponry, cars, and building computers, although I know very little about it, I have a very high interest in it. Other things are History and language, although I have the knowledge leveling that of a masters degree in those =) (we dont have masters degree in Denmark)

If you wanna get to know me, go ahead, I really can't be offended whatsoever, unless you tell me my wife is ugly or my child is retarded or something, the obvious insulting behavior will get you ignored, but I really never blow a fuse(well, almost never). Lifes too short to be pissed off at people you'll most likely never meet in real life anyway. Those that truely matter to me, such as my wife, or parents, and my mother in law, can all get me pretty worked up, although I tend to just get over it by doing lots of cleaning around the house! However I never get overly upset or go absolutely crazy with rage. Im a more than average calm guy, and I just dont feel anger is an emotion worth feeling.

So if you wanna get to know me, shoot me a message, cause I'll always be happy to get to know you! =D

Bye bye now!!!

Saph

Diligence109
03-29-2011, 11:40 PM
this is the most in depth introduction I have EVER seen on the forum, ever o_o

It's a pleasure to meet you and have public access to enough of your personal information to make a viable attempt at stealing your identity XD

I hope you enjoy the forum and stick around :) If you ever wanna talk in a real time chat, stop by our IRC channel (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13264) (and if you have some time and would like to "bust your nuts" over it, peek at our forum's rules (http://gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=16470), too!)

Saph
03-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Eh Ive been alot more intimate than this before, but no one has never cared enough to try =P I dont have much to my name either, so even if someone tried, I'm afraid theyd be rather disapppointed =P

But do you think I should remove some of it or...? Was it too much? =(

Muffincat
03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
Ahahaha, welcome! :3 That is indeed the most impressive introduction I have seen yet!

You seem like a cool guy, and don't stress about having so much info up ;3 Dili's just teasing you :) You seem super friendly and nice and I would love to get to know you :) I hope you stay around; we could use more members like you :3

I also love languages! I know sooome German, but not very much x: Maybe we can practice sometime! :) I really love the sound of it. I also speak some Japanese.

Jane Eyre is also a very good book and I am pleased to see another reader on the forum :3

If you have any questions, just ask - and make sure to hop into our IRC channel sometime!

HamadaLFC8
03-29-2011, 11:50 PM
wow seriously! amazing intro haha :P I love it

Welcome to GF man! hope you enjoy it here and have fun =)

Saph
03-30-2011, 12:08 AM
Its refreshing to see a forum where the members actually take time to greet the wet behind the ears peoplez =P

And yeah Muffincat I could prolly teach you alittle german, although you could probably teach me alittle too since I'm kind of rusty...being away from Europe for 3 years without needing to refresh my german kinda does that to you!

I do like reading books alot but after having my daughter I dont get much time to read anymore =(

And about this...what is it...IRC?

If you'd actually give me some tips on how to do that, I'd be very grateful!

And I checked the IRC help thread, it didn't quite help me in the way I needed since I've, truth be told, never even heard of IRC! But I'd love to join it regardless!

So can you step-by-step show me the ropes on how to get in there?

I am actually using my fathers laptop at the moment, since the folks are over to visit me here in Florida, so I wont have my own comp for the next 2 weeks or so, but if I had a thread which I could check up on to find out how to get IRC, It'd make things alot easier! =P

Muffincat
03-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Just go to that thread and click the link under "Method 1" :) That should get you there without having to download a client or anything. It's just a chat room where we hang out sometimes :)

Jaykub
03-30-2011, 12:18 AM
This is one of the best and longest intro posts I've ever seen. I see you have already read out rules which is a plus :D

If you need anything please let me know.

Saph
03-30-2011, 12:20 AM
If you need anything please let me know.

I may just take you up on this offer someday! =P Thank you very much! 8)

Sorry about double post by the way!!! >.<

Either way, could someone please give me a forum link to the IRC or ICR or whatever thread, the one with the methods in it ? I kinda found it once and now I cant find it anymore =( Thank you!

Muffincat
03-30-2011, 12:57 AM
I merged your double post together :P

And dili had the link up there in his post, but here you go: Gamers-Forum IRC Chatroom! (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13264) XD

Saph
03-30-2011, 01:14 AM
Woops sorry -.- It IS like 2:15am here, I'm not really seeing things I should see!

Thank you for the link though! =)

paecmaker
03-30-2011, 02:36 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, like everyone said its the absolutely best intro post ever(as long as Ive been here that is)

Well I hope you will enjoy it here.:)

Saph
03-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Thank you very much for the awesome welcome! :kiss:

Exentenzed
03-30-2011, 09:03 AM
O.o I feel i know you allready :D Anyway welcome to the forums and enjoy it here, hope you are planning to stay :)

P.S: Loved your .gif signature :D

Jayhmmz
03-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.
Your .gif sig made me lol.

Saph
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.
Your .gif sig made me lol.

P.S: Loved your .gif signature :D

Lol thank you XD I spent quite abit of time trying to fit my idea into 5 lines :-/ kinda split my head in two!

I figured out a way though! =P

It really is just a temporary until I find someone who's willing to design a sig for me =) I would myself, but for the next 2 weeks I'm stuck in Orlando, FL, some 80 miles from my house! Parents coming to visit from 3000 miles away etc.

paecmaker
05-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Lol thank you XD I spent quite abit of time trying to fit my idea into 5 lines :-/ kinda split my head in two!

I figured out a way though! =P

It really is just a temporary until I find someone who's willing to design a sig for me =) I would myself, but for the next 2 weeks I'm stuck in Orlando, FL, some 80 miles from my house! Parents coming to visit from 3000 miles away etc.

Accually what happend with that temporary sig, its still there. Nothing wrong with that man, just that its to awsome for the schools computers. When they see the sig they just break down and start lagging.