PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops, Im NEVER getting it.

Exentenzed
03-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY

Thats why.

Muffincat
03-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, really? o_o

This is so silly XD

paecmaker
03-30-2011, 02:11 PM
Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RULv6HbgEjY

Thats why.

In cod 3 there where even an achievement for completing a course without firing a single shot.

Jayhmmz
03-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I uninstalled it today :)

Jokersvirus
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Im confused its because of the achievement run he did?

Exentenzed
03-30-2011, 03:09 PM
Its an achivement to run trough an entire FPS mission without shooting? Oh for crying out loud, thats ridiculous!

And he did this to proove just how horribly easy a game has become. Games used to be about participating in a story.
On that mission on HARD he just got trough it without even having to participate except in scripted events where you HAVE to shoot.
2 shots fired in an entire mission? and both those where scripted events? Complete failure from the dev's side.

Saph
03-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Well I know which game I'm NOT writing a review about...

A first person shooter where there is an achievement where you SHOULDNT shoot.

I dont have time for nonsense, much?

paecmaker
03-31-2011, 03:04 AM
Its an achivement to run trough an entire FPS mission without shooting? Oh for crying out loud, thats ridiculous!

And he did this to proove just how horribly easy a game has become. Games used to be about participating in a story.
On that mission on HARD he just got trough it without even having to participate except in scripted events where you HAVE to shoot.
2 shots fired in an entire mission? and both those where scripted events? Complete failure from the dev's side.

Why dont do a challange to finish the game without shooting(except in scripted scenes) and put it out on youtube.

Exentenzed
03-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Why dont do a challange to finish the game without shooting(except in scripted scenes) and put it out on youtube.

Why i dont finish an entire First person SHOOTER title lasting 8-9 hours without shooting just to have something to upload on youtube?

Are you seriously asking me this?

I wouldnt even call it a challenge when you have team mates that cant die and dont have to rely on you what so ever to progress trough the game.

paecmaker
03-31-2011, 05:15 AM
Why i dont finish an entire First person SHOOTER title lasting 8-9 hours without shooting just to have something to upload on youtube?

Are you seriously asking me this?

I wouldnt even call it a challenge when you have team mates that cant die and dont have to rely on you what so ever to progress trough the game.

Just an idee I had(I would do it myself if I could) See it as a proof of how they made the game wrong.

Exentenzed
03-31-2011, 05:32 AM
OOOOH, if that's what you meant then im sorry for beeing a little agressive :P

But the thing is though, After seeing that clip i dont realy want to use money on it to check it :P
Was never a fan of CoD after World at war anyway. :)

paecmaker
03-31-2011, 05:39 AM
OOOOH, if that's what you meant then im sorry for beeing a little agressive :P

But the thing is though, After seeing that clip i dont realy want to use money on it to check it :P
Was never a fan of CoD after World at war anyway. :)

Ok maybe I where a little vague, but I would totally do it as an experiment.

Saph
03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Post it on youtube? haha, Id compress it and send it to the Game devs just to show them how much wrong they did with a shooter where you dont have to shoot -.-

Diligence109
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
pretty funny video, thanks for sharing XD

The game definitely picks up and you have to shoot/actually play on later levels, but this was pretty fun to watch.

EpsilonX
03-31-2011, 05:51 PM
I rather enjoy games where you can make a choice. Idk if you know this, but in some games like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, shooting is discouraged.

Exentenzed
03-31-2011, 06:59 PM
I rather enjoy games where you can make a choice. Idk if you know this, but in some games like Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, shooting is discouraged.

Same here actually :) But COD isnt in that genre, which makes those sorta things pathetic.

Shooter99
04-06-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm tired of people trying to make Black Ops look bad. Black Ops is easy to play on the hardened and regular difficulty, but it is very hard when you play on Veteran - the difficulty Call of Duty is supposed to be played on. Black Ops is fun to play through the first couple of times and there are certain missions that I still love playing.
Though the cutscenes and all the "press F to ..." stuff are annoying, they're here to make you feel like you're doing something during the cutscenes.
The first mission is the intro of the game. You can't expect it to be hard. This guy should try playing at Vorkuta, or Khe Sanh without firing a shot. It's impossible.
Only a war veteran can find BO's singleplayer boring - and this guy doesn't seem like one.
Many people hate Call of Duty games for their effects, but they love the very same effects in other games. And I can't see how do WOW fans find BO boring. I mean, wtf?

paecmaker
04-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm tired of people trying to make Black Ops look bad. Black Ops is easy to play on the hardened and regular difficulty, but it is very hard when you play on Veteran - the difficulty Call of Duty is supposed to be played on. Black Ops is fun to play through the first couple of times and there are certain missions that I still love playing.
Though the cutscenes and all the "press F to ..." stuff are annoying, they're here to make you feel like you're doing something during the cutscenes.
The first mission is the intro of the game. You can't expect it to be hard. This guy should try playing at Vorkuta, or Khe Sanh without firing a shot. It's impossible.
Only a war veteran can find BO's singleplayer boring - and this guy doesn't seem like one.
Many people hate Call of Duty games for their effects, but they love the very same effects in other games. And I can't see how do WOW fans find BO boring. I mean, wtf?

You might think its funny and many others to. But still, it should be difficult enough to force you to shoot in a war game, even on the first map. I dont got the game so I cant really say how the rest of the game is but I loved cod 4 because I loved its effects and often its the MP people say bad things about.

Shooter99
04-06-2011, 01:06 PM
You might think its funny and many others to. But still, it should be difficult enough to force you to shoot in a war game, even on the first map. I dont got the game so I cant really say how the rest of the game is but I loved cod 4 because I loved its effects and often its the MP people say bad things about.

The game forces you to shoot even on the first level. This guy just wanted to make BO look bad and he was probably using cheats, since your teammates can't kill enemies that fast. He's probably died a lot of times while making the video as well. And even if he made it from the first attempt, without using any cheats at all, it's still his fault, since he was forcing himself not to shoot.

Exentenzed
04-06-2011, 07:44 PM
The game forces you to shoot even on the first level. This guy just wanted to make BO look bad and he was probably using cheats, since your teammates can't kill enemies that fast. He's probably died a lot of times while making the video as well. And even if he made it from the first attempt, without using any cheats at all, it's still his fault, since he was forcing himself not to shoot.

Problem is the GAME didnt force him to shoot.

Akatosh
04-06-2011, 08:41 PM
That's a big problem in many games, DIFFICULTY! I think developer's need to find the right balance of too much difficulty(Demon's Souls) and way too little (COD).

Exentenzed
04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
That's a big problem in many games, DIFFICULTY! I think developer's need to find the right balance of too much difficulty(Demon's Souls) and way too little (COD).

Dont generalize... Some of the COD games actually are difficult on hard.

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 07:47 AM
Dont generalize... Some of the COD games actually are difficult on hard.

Unfortunately though, that hasn't been the case since World at War.. now that was a solid game to complete on the highest difficulty, those Japanese were ruthless!

mnbv1234511
04-07-2011, 08:55 AM
u should get it people say its whack but no.

Ilyich Valken
04-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Unfortunately though, that hasn't been the case since World at War.. now that was a solid game to complete on the highest difficulty, those Japanese were ruthless!

I'll have to disagree here.. WaW wasn't GENUINELY hard. Getting bombarded by grenades if you aren't constantly moving isn't the good kind of difficulty.

Jayhmmz
04-07-2011, 04:38 PM
I'll have to disagree here.. WaW wasn't GENUINELY hard. Getting bombarded by grenades if you aren't constantly moving isn't the good kind of difficulty.

I didn't say it was a good kind of difficulty, I just meant it was damned hard! :P

DirtyDMan
04-07-2011, 07:49 PM
That funny and sad at the same time. Yet you couldnt do that through out the whole game and on the hardest difficulty no way you could do that.

I still think its a good game and its actually hard when you play on the hardest difficulty. So one mission you can not shoot and finish it. So what and why would you do it in the first place.

A lot of other games I played couldnt come close to the single player on COD. Plus the online is fun and it also has zombie mode that is a lot of fun

So to base your decision on not getting this game bc of one mission kinda dumb. I mean i'm not try to defend treyarch on this one ****ty mission because it is sad that you can do this.You just shouldnt think the whole game is like this because its not.

It a good game and its actually challenging game when you play it on the hardest level. You could do a lot worse I think trying to find a shooter with a better single player.. This is just my opinion tho.

A lot of other people have this game and you not getting it isnt that big of a deal to be honest.

Me putting my opinion on here is pointless as well since you made your mind up already. I would just say maybe reading more about it then just watching this one Utube vid of it...

Synge
04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
too much difficulty(Demon's Souls)

No way, Demon's Souls is one of my favorite games this gen easily. Currently on NG++. The difficulty is part of what makes the game so great, love it.

Shooter99
04-14-2011, 05:08 AM
You can finish a single mission in almost every game without firing a round. And what's the point in not shooting in a first person shooter anyway? Does the game have to force you to shoot? This guy is forcing himself not to shoot and he's probably using cheats, since your teammates can't kill that fast and if you don't shoot while you're on the plane - you get killed. Black Ops might not have good multiplayer, but the campaign is pretty good.

russell10000
04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
its the computer game of black ops the better one is black ops for the xbox 360!
the campaihn[sry bout the spelling] is dule but the multiplayer xbox live is the fun part.
also zombies is pretty good.