PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii anyone?

Saph
03-30-2011, 05:07 PM
Since my wife LOVES Nintendo we now own a Wii -.- Its not rly my kind of console, but eh, I preach that Ill play ANYTHING that is placed infront of me, so I do =P

I have recently completed my one and only game, New Mario Bros. Wii

Now I am at a loss as to what to play, now I just use it to watch Netflix, or check the weather when I'm too lazy to go to the comp...

So does anyone have any good Wii games that I should give a try?

Ive heard silent hill was pretty good, with the whole survival horror thing, w/o weapons n' junk?

Or are there better games out there that're actually decent on a Wii? Since the graphics REALLY lack on it to make room for all of the stupid interactive controller BS -.- I know I know I dont mind lacking graphics, when its for a good reason!! But when graphics are removed in order to get some kind of 'revolutionary' motion sensor worked inthere, I cant stand it!!!>:(

Either way, anyone got a good game worth playing on Wii???:cheesy:

jcmcdo12
03-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Super Mario Galaxy 1-2! Buy it now 2 of the greatest games ever get them!
Metroid Prime 3 or if you havent played the others Trilogy
LoZ: Twilight Princess
Get Super Smash Bros. Brawl your wife might like that too
You might not like these games but Kirby's Epic Yarn

Saph
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Lol Im so gonna have to try some of these XD Thanks bro!

jcmcdo12
03-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Ah no problem. Glad to Help. ;)

Diligence109
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Super Mario Galaxy 1-2! Buy it now 2 of the greatest games ever get them!
Metroid Prime 3 or if you havent played the others Trilogy
LoZ: Twilight Princess
Get Super Smash Bros. Brawl your wife might like that too
You might not like these games but Kirby's Epic Yarn

this man is wise, heed his kind words

if you want some cute fun of an arcade "classic" port - you can get House of the Dead 2 and 3 pretty cheap (I'd imagine you could find it used for like $15~$20).

If you want an adventure RPG but aren't as much of a zelda fan (shame on you) and don't want to try the new Donkey Kong or Kirby's Epic Yarn, you could go for Okami which I played through last summer and rather enjoyed (though admittedly never finished). It's older too so you should be able to pick it up used rather cheap.

If you want more of a "party game" (if there's ever going to be more than just you and your wife playing) you could grab Warioware (zany fast paced omgwtfbbq mini-games up to like 12 players) or Mario Party 8 (comfortably paced board game with several mini games up to 4 players).

If you haven't played any of the Metroid Prime trilogy that jcmcdo mentions - you should if you have any desire to do so because it wont let you down. The first one was awesome (I feel in love with that game world and played through twice with 100% completion on my second playthrough). The second one sucked (graphics engine watered down to make way for a useless/uninteresting multiplayer feature and a far too linear feeling world to explore compared to the first... though I didn't get too far before I quit it so I might be wrong). The third one was very awesome like the first and it dropped the multiplayer crap that the second one failed at; though I didn't go back a 100% playthrough of that one because it still wasn't designed with as much beautiful detail as the first.

They released a special version of the Metroid Trilogy for the Wii that redid Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (originally gamecube titles) with the Wii controls featured in Metroid Prime 3. I'd say grab that if you wanna try some metroid - sounds like a sweet deal.

Saph
03-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Thanks Dili, I'll deffinately give Okami a try once I get around to it. Since I'm gonna be a game reviewer in some 5 days or so, I have alot on my plate to make reviews on!

And by the way: No shame on me here! I love Zelda =P

Muffincat
03-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Okami is wonderful (I'm the one who made him play it) but it's better on the PS2 than the Wii >:| The controls can get kinda buggy on the Wii, but it's a wonderful game.

Also, Mario Kart! :3 Why are people not mentioning Mario Kart >:|

I found Twilight Princess to be... not great, but eh.

I always end up feeling like I wish the game I was playing on my Wii were on my PS3... :|

Saph
03-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Eh Mario Kart was never really my thing. I have trouble playing goofy racing games, if I am to play a racing game it has to be fast, intense, and dead serious, no go karts, I want hella awesome rides!:cheesy:

EpsilonX
03-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Monster Hunter Tri is cool. You could also do some other classic sidescrollers: donkey kong country returns and kirby's epic yarn

paecmaker
03-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Dead rising chop till you drop

Dont know how good it is though.

Diligence109
03-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I should mention that, like Muffin, I didn't really like Twilight Princess (I'm a huge zelda fan and never finished it) though lots of people seem to have enjoyed it regardless to my opinion so I figure I'm alien and should fairly recommend it anyway.

Also, I got Monster Hunter Tri and it felt to me like a crappy f2p mmo except it was not free nor an mmo.

I can elaborate on either of these ideas if anyone wants me to drop a walloftext!

Also, because it can't be said enough, those side-scrollers (DK Country returns, Kirby's Ballo'yarn) are wondrous and probably arguably some of the best titles available for the wii.

ZXDarknessfalls
04-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Im not sure why no one says anything on this but Wii plays all gamecube, so also look into the games on there that are great. On Wii Zelda is actually pretty good. Some things youll like some things you wont but the game is a good all around play. The metroid trilogy on the wii is something I feel everyone with a wii should have, amazing deal cause the games are great. If you have anyone who plays games with you then your looking at some more great games also like super smash bros brawl, other wise Worms battle island for multi is good also. Tales of Symphonia 2 is on the wii which I think is worth it if you had ever played through the first one (though I will admit the start of tales of Symphonia 2 is a choir to get through cause its so bad, other wise right after that the game picks up really good). If you have any preferences that would help me narrow a list of games on the Wii. O yea also super mario galaxy 1 and 2 are both really good platformers, but if you gotta pick go for galaxy 2. If these games dont sound fun and you wanna stick with some good old fashioned side scrolling mario, look at the Wii shop channel on your wii and download some amazing blasts from the past like mario 64, starfox 64, paper mario, mario 1, 2, and 3. Donkey kong 1, 2, and 3 and so many others. Wii has a lot of good games to pick from! They are just buried under the piles of 3rd party developers junk games.

But like I said if you have a preference that you want to fill or anything post it and ill try and help give you a good list of games on wii : D

Lastly, Some people dont like it but if you have friends to play with (or us) Monster Hunter Tri is amazing when your online with friends. The online play is free so it really does just come down to getting the game (best played with a classic pro controller). Ask BobTD about Monster Hunter and i Know he will recommend it also.

Hope this helps :D

Yasdnil
04-27-2011, 05:12 AM
Got to agree with MuffinCat, Mario Karts is an awesome game for the Wii.

paecmaker
04-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Got to agree with MuffinCat, Mario Karts is an awesome game for the Wii.

Accually Saph said that he didnt really liked games like mario kart.

ROFLBRYCE
04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Mario Kart
Super Paper Mario
Legend of Zelda: Twiligh Princess
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Raving Rabbids
Mario Party
NHL Slapshot
MX vs ATV
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2
Metroid: Other M
Red Ninja 2
Call of Duty 3
Medal of Honor
Super Mario 25th Anniversary (If you can find it anywhere still haha)
Bully Scholarship Edition
Dead Space

Just games I've played and enjoyed on the Wii

Triton
09-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I tend to go fr games like the Zelda or sports games on my Wii and the wife joins in as she finds them fun.

Vaygah
03-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Zelda games are pretty neat on the wii, plus there is an adult game (i say that cause of the violence) called mad world that I would suggest if you are into that sort of thing .. one of the only violent games you'll really find for it if thats how you roll .. I couldnt bare to listen to it personally but my fiance was absolutely thrilled by it .. lol

Hyper_Reality
03-30-2012, 07:28 PM
The best game for the Wii by far is The Godfather. It has the same style of gameplay as GTA with a few of its own elements. It is very extensive and will take you at least a month just to finish the main storyline. The graphics are decent for a Wii game and the controls help add to the mood when you are throwing someone off a rooftop, snapping their neck, or bashing their skull against a desk. I bought my copy for roughly around $20 and it was well worth every penny.