PDA

View Full Version : Turn Any Wii Game Into A Fitness Work Out?!

UberMicro44
03-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Came across this the "Blaze UMove" controller today (there's a video on YouTube of it as well).

Apparently you can turn any Nintendo Wii game into a fitness work out!? I like the idea of playing Call Of Duty and running around! :shocked:

Anyone used one?

Diligence109
03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
it's a gimmick if I've ever seen one XD

it's a nunchuck with a built in pedometer that disables the control stick if it detects you aren't stepping/jogging in place - i.e. if you wiggle it up and down for the duration of you game it will work or you have to keep jogging/bouncing in place for the duration of your play session.

I suppose there's a market for everything...

BLAZE and Fitness First have developed a revolutionary patented Nintendo Wii Nunchuck controller which can turn Nintendo Wii games (any which use the thumb stick to control your character) into a fitness work out!

The U-Move Nintendo Wii nunchuck controller enables you to introduce a whole new level of realism to your Wii games. When using the U-Move controller you are required to move (by either jogging on the spot or by moving your arms around) to generate “energy” for your on-screen character – when you aren’t “moving” your thumb stick becomes “disabled” and your character will stop moving! In effect, you become part of the game and need to “run” if you want your character to run!

Sauce: http://www.blazeeurope.com/news/umove-blaze-u-move-nintendo-wii-nunchuck-controller/2011/03/30/

UberMicro44
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
I also like the idea of playing FIFA by running around!

Saph
03-31-2011, 12:03 PM
I think you misunderstand the concept, bro...

This motion Nunchuck is actually not this cool thing that makes your character run when you run. All it does is like a security mechanism really...

If the controller is not in constant movement, your controller turns off. That's it, that's all it does, other than that I think its just another regular old controller...:laugh1:

UberMicro44
04-01-2011, 03:49 AM
That's what I thought it did though, it would be difficult to actually run around in your living room but I like the concept! You have to "work" to play your game and not just lounge around lol

I think i'm gonna get one and see what it's all about, for £20 if it doesn't work i'll just stick it on eBay or something.

Exentenzed
04-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Even if it was, i think that if im going to be running around playing fotball i might aswell go outside and play it with my mates. xD

UberMicro44
04-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Great point "Exentenzed"!!!

We try to play at least once a week at our local 5 a-side pitches but can't always get the numbers :( I guess we could meet up in the virtual world instead!!!!

Exentenzed
04-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Great point "Exentenzed"!!!

We try to play at least once a week at our local 5 a-side pitches but can't always get the numbers :( I guess we could meet up in the virtual world instead!!!!

Heeey! You spelled my nickname right! Thats rare, But why the ""?? :S

Jayhmmz
04-01-2011, 12:14 PM
To be blunt, if I wanted a work-out on the Wii, I would get the Wii Fit game :P

paecmaker
04-01-2011, 01:01 PM
To be blunt, if I wanted a work-out on the Wii, I would get the Wii Fit game :P

If I wanted a workout I would get away from my console(like Exentenzed said earlier) or get kinect(damn I hate that name)

Jayhmmz
04-01-2011, 01:28 PM
If I wanted a workout I would get away from my console(like Exentenzed said earlier) or get kinect(damn I hate that name)

I have a home gym, so I don't need Wii Fit! Even though I own it.. doh.

paecmaker
04-01-2011, 01:37 PM
I have a home gym, so I don't need Wii Fit! Even though I own it.. doh.

A home gym, You cant beat my 1kg veights. ha ha ha8)

And for not getting to much away from the thread, Im not shore those nunchucks things will sell so much, They already got wii fit, and some have kinect to, and move.

Jayhmmz
04-01-2011, 02:03 PM
A home gym, You cant beat my 1kg veights. ha ha ha8)

And for not getting to much away from the thread, Im not shore those nunchucks things will sell so much, They already got wii fit, and some have kinect to, and move.

1Kg!? I hope you are kidding :P

I have 6Kg weight per dumbell as my minimum!

paecmaker
04-01-2011, 02:08 PM
1Kg!? I hope you are kidding :P

I have 6Kg weight per dumbell as my minimum!

Nope Im not kidding, I want bigger but have been to busy in school.

UberMicro44
04-05-2011, 05:53 AM
I suppose it depends what your into though... I like the idea of playing Mario Galaxy while working out, instead of just sitting on the sofa and instead of just working out (which to me is boring!)
:D

UberMicro44
04-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Bit of feedback, mine arrived at the weekend! 8)

Worked great on all of my games. Weighs a tiny bit more than the normal nunchuck but nothing to worry about (and I guess it just adds to the "fitness experience").

You can easily turn it off (when you get tired).

Raoul
04-11-2011, 06:43 AM
Lol I have again 5kg weights I must buy me bigger ones, but dam making a home gym I dont have money for that lol it's awesome you have one Jayhmmz I'll come borrow 20kg sometime lol:cheesy:

paecmaker
04-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Who need a gym, Theres bunches of old logs and garbage outside.

Raoul
04-11-2011, 06:49 AM
Who need a gym, Theres bunches of old logs and garbage outside.

Lol the good old days lol that's the spirit you do that thing lol but want to take Jayhmmz weights lol i'll be like a *NINJA* ( snake fist) lol