PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo 3DS

EpsilonX
04-01-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm sort of surprised that there isn't a thread about this...

So what do you guys think of the 3DS? Do any of you have one? I know Ilyich does... I want one, but I also kind of don't because I have too many video game systems as it is lol, and I don't really want to shell out $250 for it (not that I have that much...) just to play Ghost Recon...even though the R button on my DS is broken.

Muffincat
04-01-2011, 04:47 PM
3D Nintendo DS - Gamers Forum (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18593)

?

EpsilonX
04-01-2011, 04:56 PM
True...but i'm surprised nobody's posted in it since it came out lol.

Ilyich Valken
04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
I do. :D Lol I dunno. I didn't buy any games with it, but I'm thinking of trying Ghost Recon when it comes out.

EpsilonX
04-01-2011, 07:12 PM
I do. :D Lol I dunno. I didn't buy any games with it, but I'm thinking of trying Ghost Recon when it comes out.

Ghost recon was a launch title lol

Ilyich Valken
04-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Ghost recon was a launch title lol

Oops. I meant when FV gets it.

Saph
04-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Okay I swear that I had a post here....Did it get deleted?

If so, why? I dont remember what I wrote =S

Please, PLEASE dont tell me it was deleted cause some modder disagreed with my opinion? Cause that aint cool. Just mentioning!

Muffincat
04-01-2011, 10:56 PM
No one deleted your post. And we wouldn't without telling you/infracting you if it was bad for some reason. We don't just randomly delete posts :P

Saph
04-02-2011, 07:46 AM
I must remember things wrong then =P NVM!

Jayhmmz
04-02-2011, 08:07 AM
After careful consideration, I still think I'm gunna buy a DSi.. I just don't think 3DS is worth all of that money, I can see myself getting tired of the 3D feature, and turning the setting down, to the point where I may as well just in-fact own a DSi.

There have been quite a lot of product reviews that state that the 3DS isn't that impressive, and that it was over-hyped.

Jayhmmz
04-02-2011, 08:07 AM
After careful consideration, I still think I'm gunna buy a DSi.. I just don't think 3DS is worth all of that money, I can see myself getting tired of the 3D feature, and turning the setting down, to the point where I may as well just in-fact own a DSi.

There have been quite a lot of product reviews that state that the 3DS isn't that impressive, and that it was over-hyped.

EpsilonX
04-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Well...3D aside, it's the successor to the DS. I want one because of the games for it, not because of the 3D. There's enough DS out though to keep you satisfied

Ilyich Valken
04-02-2011, 10:31 AM

To be completely honest Jay, I'd just go with the 3DS if you even think you might want to play more than one of the already announced games. There's no point in getting a DSi and then seeing a bunch of games you want to play and being like FFFUUUUU 3DS! Part of the reason why I got it instead of just getting a DSi to replace my broken 1st Gen dinosaur.

EpsilonX
04-02-2011, 10:46 AM
To be completely honest Jay, I'd just go with the 3DS if you even think you might want to play more than one of the already announced games. There's no point in getting a DSi and then seeing a bunch of games you want to play and being like FFFUUUUU 3DS! Part of the reason why I got it instead of just getting a DSi to replace my broken 1st Gen dinosaur.

Pretty much this. I had a slight interest in like 2 wii games, and my gamecube broke and I still wanted to play gamecube. So I got a wii, but it kinda became the family wii. I might grab a gamecube though lol. DSi is like...$150, DSi XL is like $170, 3DS is $250. I mean I guess getting a DSi will save you some money, but if you buy the 3DS you can also enjoy games like ghost recon, ocarina of time, metal gear solid, etc. the 3DS library announced so far is pretty killer looking. Plus, the 3DS can play all the DS games too. If you don't like the 3D just turn it off and focus on the games.

Ilyich Valken
04-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Pretty much this. I had a slight interest in like 2 wii games, and my gamecube broke and I still wanted to play gamecube. So I got a wii, but it kinda became the family wii. I might grab a gamecube though lol. DSi is like...$150, DSi XL is like $170, 3DS is $250. I mean I guess getting a DSi will save you some money, but if you buy the 3DS you can also enjoy games like ghost recon, ocarina of time, metal gear solid, etc. the 3DS library announced so far is pretty killer looking. Plus, the 3DS can play all the DS games too. If you don't like the 3D just turn it off and focus on the games.

That said, the 3D (at least on the menus/3D games) is actually pretty nice, it basically just adds depth instead of pops out at you, and obviously, the 3D doesn't work on non-3DS games. I was telling myself 'oh, I'll almost never use the 3D' and.. the only times I've found myself switching it off was when I was flipping between it to see the differences and when I play Pokemon lol

EpsilonX
04-02-2011, 11:35 AM
That said, the 3D (at least on the menus/3D games) is actually pretty nice, it basically just adds depth instead of pops out at you, and obviously, the 3D doesn't work on non-3DS games. I was telling myself 'oh, I'll almost never use the 3D' and.. the only times I've found myself switching it off was when I was flipping between it to see the differences and when I play Pokemon lol

That's what I was hoping/expecting it to do. Add depth instead of being a gimmicky pop-out kinda 3D. I really want one to play Ghost Recon lol but like I said I don't have the money for it..plus I have all 3 consoles, DS, and PSP.. I don't really need a new system

Jayhmmz
04-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Fair points all-round :)
I need to get myself more money first though..

joemybro
08-25-2011, 02:05 AM
I'm considering buying one. My DS screen is messed up so I kind of need it. Playing pokemon on a broken screen just doesn't cut it!

XnewxskinX
08-25-2011, 10:08 AM
I have one, and I wish I would of waited to buy it. I only have 1 3d game for it. I mean I have about 25 ds games but I also have a ds xl I can use. I just wish I would of waited until there were more games that I wanted out. Although, the shop had a few old gameboy games I used to play when I was younger, it still doesn't make up for the lack of 3d games!

Ilyich Valken
08-25-2011, 11:33 AM
I have one, and I wish I would of waited to buy it. I only have 1 3d game for it. I mean I have about 25 ds games but I also have a ds xl I can use. I just wish I would of waited until there were more games that I wanted out. Although, the shop had a few old gameboy games I used to play when I was younger, it still doesn't make up for the lack of 3d games!

I bought one day one and don't regret a damn thing. The screen on my Gen 1 DS is hanging because the hinges broke. And especially since, you know.. I'm getting a bunch of NES and GBA VC games for free. :P

XnewxskinX
08-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I bought one day one and don't regret a damn thing. The screen on my Gen 1 DS is hanging because the hinges broke. And especially since, you know.. I'm getting a bunch of NES and GBA VC games for free. :P

You know I hope to god I made it in time to get these... We went on vacation that day... He said he checked out the store, but we had downloaded the update before then... I guess we will just have to see...

| Nintendo 3DS - Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Program (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp?menu=how&submenu=ctr-ht-amb-lookup&source=online)
Yeah I made it, and so did my hubby! I am kinda excited about this!!

EpsilonX
08-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I want a 3DS but I want to wait a bit and see if they actually make games for it I want that aren't already available on other systems, and to see if the system is a huge flop or if its just a late bloomer like the PS3 was.

Psychotray
08-28-2011, 07:09 AM
I don't see the point in buying one, I already had a Nintendo DS and I wasn't to fussed about it. Though I really enjoyed playing Pokemon' on a regular basis :D

Triton
09-26-2011, 04:34 PM
I've ordered one (cheaper than the store in town). I wanted to get one when they first came out but they were well over £200. Now they're around £130 decided to go for it. My reason for getting was so I could play Zelda:Ocarina of Time and games of that sort. Hope now that I've not blown good money away.

Triton
09-30-2011, 05:56 PM
My 3DS arrived today, and was absolutely amazed at the graphics, well worth the cash. The first game I tried was Zelda, apart from the size ofthe screen the game was perfect and personaly think it is a lot better than when I first played it on the good old N64.

ZXDarknessfalls
11-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Well I just gonna sorta jump in here. I see people with mixed opinions of this and just want to throw in personnel opinion for those whom it may concern.

I had a DS, didn't think I would need a 3DS. Later on girlfriend buys me a 3DS (was a good day :D ) and I am Soo happy she did. 3DS is the most fun I have had on a handheld since gameboy advance first came out and the line up of games that are coming out only makes everything better :D

williamregard
11-17-2011, 12:39 AM

ZXDarknessfalls
11-17-2011, 11:04 AM

To busy playing one... thats what it must be.

Angasal
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I have one and I love it. My favourite games are Super Street Fighter 4, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3d land!