PDA

View Full Version : Gamers-Forum IRC Trivia Event #5!

Muffincat
04-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Gamers-Forum IRC Trivia Night (the FIFTH!)
April 17th, 5pm EST, in the Gamers-Forum IRC
Winner takes 500GFP!

The rules are the beautiful wall of text in the quote box below. They are ever-changing as we continue to make effective tweaks to the details of the trivia night's execution, so do us and yourself a favor and read them in their entirety so that there's little to no confusion the day of the trivia event!

Questions will be selected from four categories. Three of the categories will have questions of varying difficulty. There will be a 1, 3, 5, and 7 point questions for each of these categories (the 7 pointer being the most difficult question and the 1 pointer being the easiest question.) The fourth category will be a collection of miscellaneous questions of equal difficulty that are worth 3 points each.

The categories are for this trivia night are Gaming, History, Horticulture, and Animals.

We will ask questions in the IRC Channel and answers should be /msg'd to the person hosting. Answers will be accepted for fifteen seconds following the timestamp on the message containing the question. Any answers /msg'd after that timeframe will not be counted. Everyone gets one answer - the first /msg received from someone counts as their one and only answer. Any other answers or messages received after the first do not count.

Everyone that /msg's the correct answer gets the points from that question. The first correct response will be awarded a bonus point. The first response will be determined based on which message the host's client received first. We will determine which responses were received within the time limit based on the times my client received them.

When we are going to write the next question in the IRC channel, we will moderate the channel (disallow anyone but those who are moderating the event to post messages to the channel.) We will then announce the category of the next question and the number of points of the next question. Finally, we will announce the question and the instant the question is posted, the 15 second timeframe for answers starts.

After the 15 seconds for the question have passed, we'll announce the answer, who got it right within the 15 seconds, and who got it first in the IRC channel. We will not respond to anybody's /msg's; we'll be far too busy to be able to. After every five questions, we will post the scores as they stand. We will also post the scores before the penultimate and final questions. The winner will soon after receive their 500GFP and be contacted to select a category for the next trivia night.

We'll see you all there!

The people currently signed up for this trivia night are:

Saph
paecmaker
LemonRising
Jaykub
Ilyich Valken
Knibbler
Blackleo

I'm going to throw this up for people who want to sign up - we still need to finalize categories, so this will have some edits later. Figure I would put up a thread for it now, anyway, though :)

Who wants to go? ;D

Saph
04-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Sign me up!

paecmaker
04-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Sign me up too, I hope Il get my computer back in time.

LiNuX
04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
Just two people showing up? This is gonna be a sad event.

Saph
04-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Come oooon people lets have some more join!!!

Dont make my first trivia event be a sad one =( Even if you're gonna suck its still the thought that counts!!!

Well not really, but its still gonna be fun! :D

paecmaker
04-08-2011, 07:45 AM
Yes, come on guys.

LiNuX
04-10-2011, 06:11 PM
We're gonna have more hosts than participants this time.

LemonRising
04-10-2011, 07:09 PM
O:

o hi <:

Jaykub
04-10-2011, 07:18 PM
You know I'm in!

Ilyich Valken
04-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Oh hay there <:

Muffincat
04-11-2011, 07:48 AM
finally, guys ;P

Added you all :3

LiNuX
04-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Ratio of participants to Host is still not good enough!

Knibbler
04-15-2011, 11:59 AM
I'll try and make it, but not promising anything as the following day is kinda looming at the moment.

HamadaLFC8
04-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Can't make it have an exam the 2 following days :'( so sorry

Blackleo
04-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Blackleo will be joining this event ... hopefully.

Synge
04-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I've yet to even venture into the IRC. I'm not a great multitasker and I've been doing a lot of other things while on the comp lately, so keeping up with live chat of any form makes everything else difficult :P

paecmaker
04-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I hate to say it but I cant participate. I havnt got my pc back YET.>:(
I will never more buy a pc at "expert"

Saph
04-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Yay tomorrow's the day!

So...how many exactly are actually gonna be there? :(

Diligence109
04-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Yay tomorrow's the day!

So...how many exactly are actually gonna be there? :(

enough for a good competition and fun among friends! I'd expect like 4 or 5 tomorrow at least

Saph
04-16-2011, 10:40 PM
enough for a good competition and fun among friends! I'd expect like 4 or 5 tomorrow at least

AWESOME! :D Cant wait for this! I'm excited to test my trivia skillz :laugh1:

Muffincat
04-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Trivia contest is in 3 hours! :3 It's gonna be a good one ;D

LiNuX
04-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Trivia contest is in 3 hours! :3 It's gonna be a good one ;D

Yes it will. I made it home in time for it too! Rushed my other work.

Saph
04-17-2011, 05:28 PM
I didn't make it ;( Sorry again guys! :( I really wanted to be there, you all know how excited I was prior.

I am so damned pissed about missing it, but next one I am NOT missing!!!!

LiNuX
04-17-2011, 05:30 PM
Next event is to be hosted May 22nd, 6PM EST.

And congrats to Ilyich for winning with a total of 36 points.