PDA

View Full Version : New Staff Applications Being Taken

LiNuX
09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Well I know I said I'll look over the last application thread but a lot has changed since we've had our last great staff member addition. We are again looking for 2 more moderators - regular moderators - and a few more GFX Pros if anyone wants a position and has good graphics skills.

Please Post your response here. Must Follow all guidelines and must be professional.

Please include the following in your application thread:

1. Name (first name will do just fine)
2. Age
3. Location (country will be fine, no need to go to specific city or zip codes)
4. Email: please post in this fashion: Admin (@) Gamers-forum.com - so the email does NOT become a link. the last thing you want is spambots picking up your email.
5. How long have you been a member of our forum?
6. How many posts do you have as of now? (check your profile)
7. Why would you like to be our next moderator? What can you offer that others members may not or can not offer?
8. How often will you look over the forum?
9. Last but not least, Do you have any previous experience in moderating other forums or websites? If so, please tell me the NAMES of those sites if you remember, no link required.

No experience is necessary if you want this forum to be your first, I respect that a lot but it will help you our slightly.

Post here, new moderators will be chosen in the coming weeks. No official date has been set as of yet. I will contact those that show great interest into the forum and have contributed a lot.

Usually I will not let anyone with infractions to apply but this exception will be made. You can apply if you have THREE (3) or less infractions.

Thank you! I look forward to hearing from some of you. Good luck!

LiNuX

Scott
09-15-2007, 08:30 AM
1. Scott (Isn't that obvious?)
2. 15
3. Scotland
4. consolescott2 @ aol.com
5. About 1 month and 10 days
6. 390

7. Well, I cant judge my self that I'm deservant or not but I think I'm good at managing posts and topics and I am very active (Well I haven't been lately 'cause my computer went nuts). You can count on me and I will NEVER delete/edit any post without any purpose. And as the board needs members I can do some advertising, well not illegal, I'll convice others to visit this forum.

8. I'm a mod on gamesoul and was a mod on Gamesforum. I have also helped on some smf forums.

LiNuX
09-15-2007, 11:54 AM
1. Scott (Isn't that obvious?)
2. 15
3. Scotland
4. consolescott2 @ aol.com
5. About 1 month and 10 days
6. 390

7. Well, I cant judge my self that I'm deservant or not but I think I'm good at managing posts and topics and I am very active (Well I haven't been lately 'cause my computer went nuts). You can count on me and I will NEVER delete/edit any post without any purpose. And as the board needs members I can do some advertising, well not illegal, I'll convice others to visit this forum.

8. I'm a mod on gamesoul and was a mod on Gamesforum. I have also helped on some smf forums.

thanks for application - but another question has been added - how often do you will you look over the forum?

if scott - you can answer that as well and the rest of the applicants has to answer that anyway

thanks!

Blackbird
09-15-2007, 12:15 PM
1. Name : Alexander
2. Age : 17
3. Location : Sweden
4. Email: SweBlackbird(@)gmail.com
5. How long have you been a member of our forum?
I'm have been members here for 4 days.
6. I'm got 71 posted
7. Why I want to become next moderator is becuase I'm want to help everyone get active and keep members follow the rules. Of course I'm know the rules on myself and follow of those, I can offer you all my help

8. How often will you look over the forum?
I'm will look every days on the forum, 80-100 hours each week, but it's pretty often I look on the forum.

9. I'm have been moderator in a bigger gaming community call Swegamers and the swedish information site of Callofduty. So I can see I'm have most of experience and everything, I'm also have been Newswriter in Swegamers. Well, I'm still in Animehomenetwork and Groundpoint but they is not so many people active.

Thank you for reading my applications.

Sypher
09-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Name: Sypher

Email: coty.skaj@hotmail.com

How long have I been a member? Over 1 Year... not sure of my actual sign-up date.

Why I want to be Mod? Well because I'm very responsible and I have prior experience running a website and a local Message board. Several years and I know how all the stuff works and what to do.

I will look over the forums everyday that I'm on here which is well everyday and I'll keep a regular check to assure that no one is spamming and posting in areas that do not match the Thread topic.

How many times have I posted? Probably not near as much as You would like to see someone post because I haven't been active in over a year. I just got word of this in an email.

I have been a mod for the following sites....
gcpforums
hmfarm
webdesigers
skateboardingworld

and I owned a site named creativemyspace but I no long run that because I went out to the Army and when I came back they closed it down like some jerks lol !!!

Well if you want to accept my application and let me fill the slot for the mod job then just let me know. Here are some ways that you can get in touch with me the quickest.

Myspace www.myspace.com/xx_coty_xx
coty.skaj@hotmail.com
Myspace IM xx_coty_xx
AIM coty.skaj@hotmail.com << yes that is my username

and well that is about it. Thanks !!!

LiNuX
09-15-2007, 02:00 PM
thanks for the three applications so far - i will look over that with a few of the current staff members

@sypher - i checked and updated ur join date - you joined sep 9th, 2006 - u joined back when we were still yabb so your join date wasnt transferred twice from smf then to vb

and to everyone else: if you do get a position, we will contact you via PM not any other way - its to make sure that you actually do visit the forum often

thank you for applications, new mods will be chosen within a week or so.

XiMMiX
09-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Name: Marko
E-mail:markoviner@yahoo.com
How long have i been a memmber?1 month not sure...
Why i want to be a mod? Cus im on the forum every day and il help as the best as i can to my memmbers.. Il give the best of me... Bolive it!
How often i look for the forum? evry single Hour maybe 30 min ...
Yep on 4 forums... Why? Cus im rlly active and i rlly rucrut people fast thats my hobby...:)

souljaa
09-15-2007, 10:21 PM
Name: Marko
E-mail:markoviner@yahoo.com
How long have i been a memmber?1 month not sure...
Why i want to be a mod? Cus im on the forum every day and il help as the best as i can to my memmbers.. Il give the best of me... Bolive it!
How often i look for the forum? evry single Hour maybe 30 min ...
Yep on 4 forums... Why? Cus im rlly active and i rlly rucrut people fast thats my hobby...:)

Maybe you should've copy pasted the form from the first post, would've made things a lot easier for Linux to go over it.

GF Eric
09-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Here is my information and I hope I can get the position or be referred for the next opening.

1. Name - Eric
2. Age - 168
3. Location - United States
4. Email: ericv192003 (@) yahoo (.) com
5. How long have you been a member of our forum? Almost 4 months.
6. How many posts do you have as of now? 3 post but I am now active on this forum.
7. Why would you like to be our next moderator? I am very good with forums, I am a Rookie Gamer, and I have experience with helping others and I making them feel welcome.
What can you offer that others members may not or can not offer? I can bring fresh ideas for the forum and help out as best I can without giving up if I hit a dead end in that problem.
8. How often will you look over the forum? As often as I can to make sure everyone is doing there job and not spamming, posting bad things, or breaking the rules.
9. Do you have any previous experience in moderating other forums or websites?
Gamers Forum - Creator
Tech Universe - Administration
Acef's Forum - Administration
CPM Fast Forum - Administration
N-Rop's Log Shop - Site Desinger
The Cool Forum - Support Team
phpBB3 Test Forum - Head Moderator
Worlds Greatest Forum - Moderator
Runescape Fan Forum - Moderator
CPUNSC - Designer/Moderator

Jasperking
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
hmm i have considered this for a while. As much as i would like to be a mod and get rid of spammers while helping the forum as much as possible... i dont think i would like to have the job yet anyways because i dont know if i will for some reason stop going on the forum. So i will have to be on here for a while before i can ask to be a moderator lol

LiNuX
09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
hmm i have considered this for a while. As much as i would like to be a mod and get rid of spammers while helping the forum as much as possible... i dont think i would like to have the job yet anyways because i dont know if i will for some reason stop going on the forum. So i will have to be on here for a while before i can ask to be a moderator lol

ok great lol :D

@eric - are you 168 or 16 yrs old lol, typo?

GF Eric
09-17-2007, 06:11 PM
ok great lol :D

@eric - are you 168 or 16 yrs old lol, typo?

Ya its 16 but I will be 17 in a couple months.

Scott
09-18-2007, 04:29 PM
thanks for application - but another question has been added - how often do you will you look over the forum?

if scott - you can answer that as well and the rest of the applicants has to answer that anyway

thanks!

Oh right.
8. how often do you will you look over the forum? - As often as I can. Which could be between 30 minutes and 5 hours a day.

LiNuX
09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
thanks scott for answering that as well

we'll be picking the mods by next monday or so :-) so be patient people

Blackbird
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, I'm not in hurry. Hope I getting picked to become moderator :)

Jasperking
09-19-2007, 08:13 PM
1. Name: Shaun
2. Age: 16
3. Location: United Kingdom
4. Email: Jasperking (@) gmail.com
5. I have been a member for umm 2 months i think but i only started posting within the last 7 days
6. Posts: 133
7. I would like to be a moderator because i have become pretty active and would like to keep the forum in good order and stop spammers :)
8. I will look over the forum every day even if its after college
9. I have moderated other forums but i cant remember which they were and they are all dead anyway :p (mostly mates forums)

(lol i guess i did decide to post an application to become a moderator XD because of how active i have become in the last week)

LiNuX
09-19-2007, 09:04 PM
thanks for application jasper :D i will talk over with a few of my current staff and decide later on which two will get the spot

thank you all for application - announcement will be made in time :D

note: if you applied and never came back, slim chance of getting the spot lol *cough*

GF Eric
09-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Ok so we will know whos the new Moderators by Monday? That is cool. Oh yeah I now have 26.

LiNuX
09-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Ok so we will know whos the new Moderators by Monday? That is cool. Oh yeah I now have 26.

either monday or tuesday, i'll start discussing with a few of the current mods this weekend then make announcement monday or tuesday, depends on my schedule really

lonewolfxix
09-20-2007, 03:43 PM
You may want to leave it till sunday to ask my opinion, or right now, going to a party this weekend. friend's turning 17! Good luck to all who applied!

LiNuX
09-20-2007, 05:39 PM
You may want to leave it till sunday to ask my opinion, or right now, going to a party this weekend. friend's turning 17! Good luck to all who applied!

lol - you can PM me your best candidates and WHY later on whenever you are ready :D - part of Global Moderators job to help me pick newer staff lol :spinny:

GF Eric
09-21-2007, 01:20 PM
either monday or tuesday, i'll start discussing with a few of the current mods this weekend then make announcement monday or tuesday, depends on my schedule really

Ok I will make sure I'm there for that. :laugh: Its funny how I'm getting popular on all the topics I have posted in. Back on track now, its really great that you make an aplication to have people sign up that way you know a little bit more about them. ( :mad1: Miniclip :mad1: ) is stupid in hiring there mods when there like 13 and 14 with no experience but we will leave that forum out of our WORLD DOMINATION. :eek1: (of Gamers of course)

Scott
09-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Oh I have seen crazier ways of deciding who gets to be a mod. On a site I was a mod on I had to ban another mod because they were making everyone who joined their forum a mod :mad1:

Jasperking
09-21-2007, 05:48 PM
then it wasnt a very good forum rofl.

Scott
09-21-2007, 07:54 PM
then it wasnt a very good forum rofl.

No it wasn't there security was awful. They were hacked about 6 times lol and then the admin blamed me and all the other mods so he banned us and got new ones :mad1:

LiNuX
09-21-2007, 09:20 PM
rofl, i would never make anyone a mod if i knew i had to ban them later - u gotta earn the position here - gotta show knowledge and that you deserve it, i wont give it to anyone just because you are there

Scott
09-21-2007, 10:29 PM
rofl, i would never make anyone a mod if i knew i had to ban them later

But he never knew who he'd be banning. The forum was doing really well with just 3 mods but then that other mod decided we needed more so he recruited all his friends and things just got crazy from there

LiNuX
09-22-2007, 12:37 AM
heh...i wouldnt make all my friends mod either, we'd have like 50 staff members or something then lol :D

Scott
09-22-2007, 12:41 AM
heh...i wouldnt make all my friends mod either, we'd have like 50 staff members or something then lol :D

It's not a good idea because seriously how well do you know someone?... Because I am sure that one of his friends was the hacker.
And I was one of the longest members on there snd the admin just banned me!!. He was only on like once a month (at the most) so it shows you how much he cared about his forum.
I hope it gets hacked again and that the hacker succeeds lol

Blackbird
09-22-2007, 03:56 AM
We should stop talking here or this treads becuase they maybe are people some want to make a request for moderator.

LiNuX
09-22-2007, 12:41 PM
We should stop talking here or this treads becuase they maybe are people some want to make a request for moderator.

i doubt more people will apply, we already had more applicants than last time lol :D

p.s. - Tomorrow is the last day to post your application!!

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
i think most or all of the active people posted an application lol

Scott
09-22-2007, 03:12 PM
i think most or all of the active people posted an application lol

Yeah it looks like it.

LiNuX
09-22-2007, 03:18 PM
not really, still missing a few people lol :D

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 03:31 PM
your rite linux.. all the other people are mods or have some other title :p

LiNuX
09-22-2007, 03:35 PM
your rite linux.. all the other people are mods or have some other title :p

heh...at least u werent right :D that would be sad :eek1:

well lonewolf already told me the two he favors, i have to ask another staff and then get an opinion

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 03:38 PM
kk ill be checking on the forums after college on tuesday for the results. (you did say tuesday right)

LiNuX
09-22-2007, 03:41 PM
kk ill be checking on the forums after college on tuesday for the results. (you did say tuesday right)

either monday or tuesday, i dont know how my schedule will look yet but early next week :D

Blackbird
09-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm not a guy some are hurry but its should be best if only people who make applications write here. Anyway if I get choice to become moderator I going to share my experience and helping people with questions or anything. Deleted all spamming posted and giving warning to people

LiNuX
09-24-2007, 07:39 PM
sorry i havent been able to make this but i've been sick all day and in bed, there could be a few days delay for this but i'll try to make the choices tomorrow

thanks!

Jasperking
09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
take your time Linux lol no one is rushing you :p

LiNuX
09-25-2007, 12:26 PM
i'll make decision tonite, im at my math class right now lol, using computer while teacher is away :D im feeling better so u'll know who's chosen by tonite

Jasperking
09-25-2007, 12:33 PM
i wish i could go on the forums in college but i keep thinking im being watched XD

Blackbird
09-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Well, using my laptop xD :)

Scott
09-25-2007, 01:20 PM
i wish i could go on the forums in college but i keep thinking im being watched XD

So, who cares if your being watched and who'd watch you?

Jasperking
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
in school i used to go on any site i wanted lol but in college there is strict rules and you can get kiked out quite easily

Blackbird
09-25-2007, 01:41 PM
What kind of College do you are in ? :P

lonewolfxix
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
a british one, colleges here are like senior years in an american high school in terms of age... but you can get kicked out easily as you're there by choice and not by law... not quite yet law but apparently will be for those turning 16 from this september onwards.

Blackbird
09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
When are you guys going to voted for a new moderator? You guys say Tuesday :)

LiNuX
09-25-2007, 02:29 PM
im at my psychology class now going over my last test, scored the highest in the class :D

professor sees me on the laptop typing but doesnt say anything since i scored the highest lol - gotta love that :D

Jasperking
09-25-2007, 02:42 PM
lol thats great news linux XD well done for passing that that test lol

LiNuX
09-25-2007, 02:47 PM
yea, sux we are back to the lesson, i'll be back in an hour or so lol, get on from the school lawn :D wireless connection everywhere

Scott
09-25-2007, 03:15 PM
Well I'm done tonight I'm just going to watch tv and go to bed later I will be back on tommorow. But I might not be since I got Halo 3!.

LiNuX
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Ok I've went over with a few staff members and I've come up with a decision of two new mods - the following two will be promoted to moderator status but they will not be announced here - since the thread has gone off topic so many times, its unlikely and unprofessional to announce new mods on the 6th page of a thread lol, another one will be opened in a few mins

this thread is still open but unstickied

thank you!