PDA

View Full Version : Instruments

LiNuX
09-04-2006, 05:00 PM
What instruments do you play? if u already didnt know, i've been playing the drums for almost 7 years now, i was in a band in junior high and it was all good, although i did try to learn the bass guitar, i gave up because my fingers kept getting swolen up, i wasnt used to it and the friend that was teaching me used to play with his fingers, but im drums for life and i wanna know if u guys play any instruments? if so, what is it and how long have you played it? and would you wanna learn to play an instrument in the future? for me i wanna learn the electic guitar, or complete learning the basics to the bass :D ;D

Wang
09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
First instrument i played was a acoustic guitar when i was 10 so about 5 years. ?I tried bass but didnt find it as interesting. I want to learn to play the banjo because that is the pimpest instrument ever.

diablo
09-08-2006, 02:26 PM
i like listening to music and others playing instruments, but not much of an instrument playing guy, i can play the piano a little bit, but im not that good, i used to play the clarinet in elementary school, it sucked :D

KittyCat72
09-17-2006, 05:21 PM
I played the piano for about 2 years. But now I play the Alto Saxophone, and i'm great. I'm in the middle school, here we have grades 6-8. In 6th grade my band teacher told me I was so good she was gonna put me in the hightest band there. So now I'm in 7th grade but in advanced band. It is very fun!!!

sign89
09-18-2006, 10:02 PM
I play the trumpet, piano, and I DJ

KittyCat72
09-21-2006, 05:45 PM
8-)Cool, that's interesting. I've got friends who play the trumpet. ;)

peon
10-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I played the clarinet back in high school. Havent played it since. I always wanted to learn guitar so last year I bought myself an acoustic and electric guitar. Been practicing almost everyday since. It's a nice hobby.

LiNuX
10-03-2006, 01:30 PM
I played the clarinet back in high school. ?Havent played it since. ?I always wanted to learn guitar so last year I bought myself an acoustic and electric guitar. ?Been practicing almost everyday since. ?It's a nice hobby.

i played the clarinet in elementary school, then moved up to drums in junior high school, i was learning the bass guitar when i just stopped lol, im gonna find some time later in my life to learn the electric guitar

aosmallan
10-04-2006, 09:43 AM
First instrument i played was a acoustic guitar when i was 10 so about 5 years. ?I tried bass but didnt find it as interesting. ?I want to learn to play the banjo because that is the pimpest instrument ever.

Banjo's are pretty much like guitars, obviously the tone is different, but the fretboard plays the same, typically 6-string like most guitars.... though some are known to have 4 or even 8 strings.

aosmallan
10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
First thing I ever played... like a lot of kids... was the recorder (or pre-corder) -- those little flute-like things made of plastic -- in elementary school... got pretty decent at it... well... as good as you can get on a recorder lol..

In middle school I played the Trombone for three years before dropping out of band. I grew up in Texas, and if you know the South, then you know that band is a big thing. In my 8th grade year I moved to Northern Virginia close to DC... where their band SUCKED... got tired of the teacher going so slow and tired of all the nubs around me so i dropped it lol.

Otherwise I've been playing the guitar for about a year now, but because I play so often and frequently, I can probably play better than a lot of people that have been playing twice as long... I don't go a day without playin and I always have on in my car wherever I go... never know when I might need it seriously it comes in handy sometimes lol....

I've always had a knack for music even as a kid... something I got from my mom... I've sang since I could speak, and still to this day. I love singing and I know I'm good at it, I'll never join a choir though lol It's one of the reasons I decided to teach myself guitar.. so I could have some intrumental accompanyment to my voice... its awesome and fun.

Currently, I'm teaching myself piano... that was an idea that sparked in me about a week ago... I pulled out my old keyboard and bought a piece of music... Over My Head (Cable Car) by the Fray... so I hope to be able to teach this to myself and pick up piano as well as I did guitar. woot!

KittyCat72
10-04-2006, 09:26 PM
The Fray is pretty good. I hope you get better then........... :P

Drake14
11-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Tenor Sax, Clarinet (Stopped playing it), Drums, Electric Guitar, and Acoustic Guitar

LiNuX
11-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Tenor Sax, Clarinet (Stopped playing it), Drums, Electric Guitar, and Acoustic Guitar

whats the point of brining a 1+ year old thread back to life? lol this was probably on the last page too - u should know better than that being a mod :-P

conman1000
11-10-2007, 02:48 PM
I play the Flute and am pretty good.