PDA

View Full Version : Spam Threads/Posts

Muffincat
04-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Hey guys,

With the recent influx of spam, there has also been a surge of replies to said spam. I personally would appreciate it if you wouldn't start replying to them, quoting them, and such. For one thing, if we delete the spam, it raises the question as to whether we should delete your post or not, too, and for another, I just don't see the point of going around to spam posts and being like, "YOU'RE GONNA GET BANNED." They don't read comments, or care. D: If you don't reply, the thread will not get bumped and get more replies than it deserves.

Use the report button for spam posts (as some of you have been doing - thanks!)

I don't want to call anyone out, so I wanted to just make a thread about it, because it has been happening much more frequently. It's not like it's infraction-worthy or anything; it just makes things a bit of a headache for no reason. And if you post in a spam thread (as opposed to replying to a spam post that didn't start a thread), your post is usually going to get deleted when the thread gets deleted, anyway.

Please just let us do our job and take care of it. Replying to it only makes more problems than it solves.

If you have any objection to that, then feel free to discuss - this is just a personal plea. The spammers get taken care of when a mod comes online, so please just be patient. :)

paecmaker
04-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Lol, I have been looking for the button some times and never saw it. Did just see that its in the same place as rep button.

Muffincat
04-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Hehe, yep :P Now you can report away :P

Though honestly I personally am more apt to find the post myself on the forum than the email it sends out because I don't always check my email XD

LiNuX
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
People may have missed this thread so I'll minibump.

As natural gamers, we don't like extra work. So please don't reply to spam, just report it.

Saph
04-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Oh I didn't spot this.

I'll allow myself to be called out by myself.

I am one of the people who have been a faithful albeit evil responder to spammers and trolls etc.

I see that its not really approved of, so I'll get my frustrations out by reporting them instead :) Thanks for making this thread, Muffin, and thanks to Linux for bumping!

Muffincat
04-07-2011, 11:25 AM
People may have missed this thread so I'll minibump.

As natural gamers, we don't like extra work. So please don't reply to spam, just report it.

Haha short and sweet; better than I could have said :P

And no worries, Saph :3

G33kInTh3Pink
07-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Simple answer to the problem at hand don't respond to spam and report the spamming user

Psychotray
07-19-2011, 12:14 AM
That's fair enough, Spam is so annoying too.

Jaykub
07-19-2011, 12:32 AM
Simple answer to the problem at hand don't respond to spam and report the spamming user

Yes, If only it was that simple. for people.

HamadaLFC8
07-19-2011, 07:06 AM

The irony...

/thread