PDA

View Full Version : How is Runescape these days?

Saph
04-08-2011, 06:16 PM
I used to try Runescape..

I always hated it -.- I tried it once and I lasted 12 minutes, never came back.

Until about 1 year ago, I decided to give it another shot. It looked great, but I yet again lasted for a short time, although a while longer! 15 minutes! A new record!!!

But I've never been able to actually LIKE it, I always hated the way it looked and how rude some people were :-/

So I wondered if things have changed!

How is Runescape these days? Is it any good?

I know I could just go check, but I'm scared of just wasting closer to an hour of my life liking a game I just cant seem to get into :-/

Jayhmmz
04-08-2011, 07:26 PM
God knows, but the makers of Runescape and Hasbro are teaming up to make a Transformers MMORPG. I did post a thread about it, but god knows where it's gone to.

Saph
04-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I dont think god knows quite as much as Linux might, but thats a different story :cheesy:

Either way, I can tell that not many people play RS here, which is honestly a good thing to me.

Muffincat
04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Jaykub plays Runescape allllllll the time o_o He has a problem.

I tried it a few months ago and got as far as getting into the game, and then stopped, similar to your experience XD

I can't imagine it has gotten much better from where it was. Dili used to play, and said it hasn't really changed o-o But I dunno really :P

Saph
04-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I think that there is a level of truth when people say that Runescape is where kids go when their parents wont let them pay for WoW every month -.- No offense to good ol' Jaykub of course, but seriously, all of the people I've met on Runescape try to curse at me with the worst spelling and grammar I've ever seen

For example:

"Hay can you tell me where I can get/do/find/continue with this this and this?"

"wtf nob wat r u her for nub y r u even tring u suk nub go hom nub ther is no wayh tath u kuld eveh b gud aht RS...

NUB!!"

>.< I'm not overreacting either, some kind of odd 8 year old grammar like that would be the vast majority of my replies for help with doing something :-/ I think that was a huge part of why I never got very far after the tutorial...

Ilyich Valken
04-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Jaykub plays Runescape allllllll the time o_o He has a problem.

I tried it a few months ago and got as far as getting into the game, and then stopped, similar to your experience XD

I can't imagine it has gotten much better from where it was. Dili used to play, and said it hasn't really changed o-o But I dunno really :P

Between that and CoD (on the Wii ffs)...

But yeah. I've no idea. I couldn't help, I haven't played it in like.. 5-7 years.

Jaykub
04-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm playing right now actually.

Its fun... full of new stuff... addicting.. ITS FUN. I play about 6 hours a day ;)

Synge
04-08-2011, 10:20 PM
It's always looked a bit boring to me, but I've yet to find a free MMO that can hold my attention. Runes of Magic isn't bad though, the best F2P out there, I think. I'd recommend it if you're lookin for a free MMORPG, it's basically a WoW clone but has some cool features of its own as well. I mostly stopped playing simply because I never bothered downloading it again after building my most recent PC, plus it runs like **** on my laptop.

ROFLBRYCE
04-08-2011, 10:21 PM
For me it's about the same it's been for the last 4-6~ years. Not much to do unless you're a paying member. More quests though and a bit more non-paying content. Still the same experience. Got a level 49 combat/48 att/50 defence toon and got bored lol.

Saph
04-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Eh it sounds like its the same old, same old boring RS to me -.- (No offense Jaykub)

O well....maybe next year.

Jaykub
04-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh god :| your playing free members? that's like a sad demo. No wonder you hate it so bad

Blackbird
04-09-2011, 12:29 AM
I used to play this game for hours, but my friend told me that he still playing it.
It was fun to go to Wildness as team and pk others players, that what I did a lot.
The rest is just questings.

Jaykub
04-09-2011, 12:39 AM
I used to play this game for hours, but my friend told me that he still playing it.
It was fun to go to Wildness as team and pk others players, that what I did a lot.
The rest is just questings.

Do you not use your account anymore?

Saph
04-09-2011, 03:52 PM
HEEEERE we go -.-

Shixx
04-09-2011, 04:53 PM
I play this game a lot here lately, if you have a good group of people to play with it's a lot of fun, just like any other game there's a lot of kids but it also has a huge Adult Following.

For those of you that only played for 15 min you really should give it a chance you can't really judge a game by spending 15 min on it. Imagine all the games that would've sucked if you stopped after 15 min. RS is a very fun and addicting game given the chance and time.

Akatosh
04-09-2011, 10:44 PM
I never cared for Runescape, the starting area was really slow and I couldn't get past it without putting nails in my head. I'll stick with WoW and pay the 15 dollar a month for the joy I do get out of it.

Saph
04-09-2011, 11:15 PM
I'll stick with WoW and pay the 15 dollar a month for the joy I do get out of it.

Amen to that right there.:D

BobTD
04-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Oh god :| your playing free members? that's like a sad demo. No wonder you hate it so bad

whats wrong with F2P?!

LOOK AT WHAT I WASTED MY LIFE ON:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5415/lolzrs.png

DO NOT LOOK AWAY EMBRACE THE F2P PAIN!

Shixx
04-11-2011, 12:16 AM
lol nothing wrong with F2P it's just once you go members... F2P is horrible. but I also think it's pointless to go members until you get a few levels, like 400 total level.

Saph
04-11-2011, 12:22 AM
Looking at that screenshot makes me sad -.-

Jaykub
04-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Cool trailer for people that don't play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdRUcFqL2lQ&feature=relmfu

You guys make me feel like a nerd having a 1700+ total skill lvl

Blackbird
04-11-2011, 06:47 AM
I know my computer sucks.
My account was hacked before and it's now named empire chao.
I can't changed it back until I make it back to member again.
Going to contact my IRL friends and ask him about his RS if he still play

I think my stats a bit averages.

RuneScape - MMORPG - The No.1 Free Online Multiplayer Game (http://services.runescape.com/m=hiscore/hiscorepersonal.ws)

Total Stats: 1,238

Diligence109
04-11-2011, 12:24 PM
It's always looked a bit boring to me, but I've yet to find a free MMO that can hold my attention. Runes of Magic isn't bad though, the best F2P out there, I think. I'd recommend it if you're lookin for a free MMORPG, it's basically a WoW clone but has some cool features of its own as well.

^^^
listen to this fine gentleman ;)

I played runescape when I was in high school (about 6 years ago, roughly) for a little less than a year and, as Muffin said, I don't feel it has changed that much since I checked in like last December or something. Though, to be fair, I was only on for like 10 minutes and I'm on the free to play servers which Jaykub says are over 9000 times worse than the p2p ones. That, by no means, however, really convinces me that I want to pay to play a "better" Runescape XD

I've also played tons of the f2p mmos out there and don't feel any of them are worth anything but to desperately kill time. I haven't tried Runes of Magic, I might have to go check it out. I've been obsessed with League of Legends for some time now and I think I'm stuck with it... it's not an MMO but it is a f2p online game (that's actually fun and good if you can deal with/get past the trollers/griefers)

paecmaker
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
I tried it once and gave it about 20 minutes.

I have also tried others like Erepublik but none of them where really fun. Erepublik for example I ate, bought food, worked, exercised and did "please prove your human" things, for days and nothing changed for the months I played it.(now I dont even know why I played it in the first place.

Jaykub
04-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Just passed 100 million GP :3

freeride2011
08-28-2011, 10:13 PM
I am going to be the one person who gets on here and says Jaykub might have gotten me back into RS. I got my character up to 54 I think, but I haven't played for 3 years! It should be some nice memories at least. Unlike most of you here though, I am going to actually p2p and play for a more than an hour before I give up.

Jaykub
08-29-2011, 12:56 AM
I am going to be the one person who gets on here and says Jaykub might have gotten me back into RS. I got my character up to 54 I think, but I haven't played for 3 years! It should be some nice memories at least. Unlike most of you here though, I am going to actually p2p and play for a more than an hour before I give up.

YEAAAAA sweeettt. whats your ID?

Psychotray
08-29-2011, 02:46 AM
Runescape seems to be pretty dead for me at the moment, but my Username is Psychotray for those of whom wish to add me. I go on sometimes, on very rare occasions though.

freeride2011
08-30-2011, 01:52 AM
YEAAAAA sweeettt. whats your ID?

dewthdew3 what's yours?

BlackEyedJester
08-30-2011, 02:55 AM
Wow, I think I might have to start Runescape again, Just to see how things are going

NumberedEyes
08-31-2011, 03:42 AM
I have a few problems with Runescape i've played this on and off since classic every year or 2 I seem to go back for a few months it never lasts very long and ill outline why.

It used to be when you played free to play you grit your teeth and just dealt with the infestation of bots. You would often find people who had fun with bots trying to confuse them and lead them to there deaths but now members is also jam packed with bots funny thing is I think half of them are just doing it for the xp grind not to sell gold to other players. You go anywhere on runescape to train and your greeted with another 5-10 botters hogging everything.

I may be a bit jaded but I feel like since they are paying for members jagex wont ban these accounts as it hurts there profits they probably would ban if it was only a small percentage like say 1-2% but as it stands you will find a good 40% of players are actually botting.

The other issue that no doubt leads to the botting is the over the top grind that is runescape.
My account has 3 99s a couple 90s nothing special but to get a 99 in runescape means a real time sink if you want to get 1 level in the 90s its going to take you a good 10-18 hours of repetitive clicking (example open bank take out 1 knife, 27 logs, cut 27 logs into unstrung bows, deposit unstrung bows withdraw another 27 logs repeat till end of time) no skill gives you a fun way to level efficiently once you come to this realization its pretty hard to stay on board with the game.

There are other issues such as player etiquette its rare to find kind players most try to show off there highest skills or accuse you of being a botter if your skill ends up being higher.

Well thats just my 2 cents when it comes to runescape.

BlackEyedJester
08-31-2011, 04:20 AM
NumberedEyes has a point most of the people that play Runescape are foul mouthed adolescents, I myself am only a teen but the fact remains that most if not all people use bots, making us Honourable people's life hell -.-

Psychotray
08-31-2011, 05:11 AM
NumberedEyes has a point most of the people that play Runescape are foul mouthed adolescents, I myself am only a teen but the fact remains that most if not all people use bots, making us Honourable people's life hell -.-

Indeed, last time I played, there were a bunch of dudes fighting, calling each others n00bs, etc. Its ridiculous that people fight over Runescape, really REALLY ridiculous -__________-

BlackEyedJester
08-31-2011, 02:10 PM
They should have an 'Appear Invisible' option so you don't have to see the other players and they can't see you, it's a win-win situation :)

iParasiteCJ
11-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I've been playing for about 6 or 7 years, it's gotten better in the past few years. Graphics are highly improved and I actually don't see alot of 8 year olds, but then again I'm a member in a clan of older players. But JaGex has actually managed to rid 98% of the botters/gold farmers out the game. They even hired the leading macro developer onto their team.

ditzzy
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
I thought runescape was quit good but not its kinda crappy since they took away the wilderness. but ik the given it back but its not the same.

nerdo
08-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I played Runescape from 2004 to 2010, I then quit because of the direction that it is heading in (bankruptcy) .